Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
John Oliver's Call to Action on Net Neutrality (Question For Pep Update)

The video as a whole is damn good but the ending where he calls upon the internet trolls of the world to harass the fuck out of the FCC is great.

[video=youtube_share;fpbOEoRrHyU]http://youtu.be/fpbOEoRrHyU[/video]

Pep, gotta question.

A buddy of mine brought up a good question......well, I thought it was good.

The internet is commerce. E-commerce spreads across multiple states and whatever have you. If smaller companies were restricted in their ability to compete as a result of not being able to pay for high speeds, doesn't that fuck with the commerce clause regarding interstate commerce?

Reaction score
I agree that letting this type of restriction being dictated by ISP providers makes it tougher for start ups/new companies and existing companies that are struggling to earn a a profit ability to compete with the big corporations. NOT good at all.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Cable companies' (internet providers) lobbies saw what insurance companies, banks, and oil companies get away with and decided to get in on the action.

the internet should be free anyway.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Here's what is probably my biggest complaint.

Thomas Wheeler is 68. Probably similar to all the other fuckers at the FCC.

Does these assholes even know how to use the internet?

Seriously. My experience with people of that generation is basically that they don't have a fucking clue. Most probably had to ask a grandchild how to "do a google".

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I think cmd got it. There seems to be less and less resistance by all these guys to be blatantly bought off. It's sickening.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Paying for higher Internet speeds is not a new idea. Providers have been doing it for years. I am more concerned about handing control of the interwebs to the Chinese and Russians.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Paying for higher Internet speeds is not a new idea. Providers have been doing it for years. I am more concerned about handing control of the interwebs to the Chinese and Russians.

On the consumer end.

As far as content providers, not the case.

Providers may have to purchase bandwidth but once purchased it has to be treated like any other piece of bandwidth. Or that's the idea.

These companies want to charge additional for access speeds. Buy the bandwidth and then pay to make it fast enough to not drive traffic away.

It's bullshit. It'd be like buying a car and then paying a "fast speed" subscription every month for the manufacturer to electronically remove the governor that keeps you car from going faster than 40 MPH.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
On the consumer end.

As far as content providers, not the case.

Providers may have to purchase bandwidth but once purchased it has to be treated like any other piece of bandwidth. Or that's the idea.

These companies want to charge additional for access speeds. Buy the bandwidth and then pay to make it fast enough to not drive traffic away.

It's bullshit. It'd be like buying a car and then paying a "fast speed" subscription every month for the manufacturer to electronically remove the governor that keeps you car from going faster than 40 MPH.

That makes sense to me. I have not looked that closely into it. I am at the point that if this administration thinks its a good idea, it is probably a horribly fucked up idea.

Top Bottom