Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The sad part is that just because we drafted EZE it does not mean that we are going back to our 2014 successful formula

I have zero faith in Carrot Top to commit to and stay with the run. Even with EZE in the backfield

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Without EZE we would likely go 4-12 again or worse.
For a few years I think Jason's propaganda was the 2TE offense like "the Patriots". Romo, who Parcells felt could make positive yards with his feet, was now talking about being like Brady in the pocket. But the Patriots game plan differently for each team and change their offense to an entirely different strategy and philosophy every week. My hunch is that Jason could not convince Jerry that he was building a Patriots team because it would require much more flexibility and planning than he is capable.

Ever since the Dallas Offense got spanked by the Seahawks, when Rob Ryan was DC, and Jerry fired Rob citing that game as a reason (even though it was the Jason's offense that got manhandled), there has been this transferrence of the emulation from the Patriots to the Seahawks. Christine Michael, Rod Smith, Robert Turbin.
I think Dak Prescott is supposed to eventually be Russell Wilson and playing the part of Marshawn Lynch is the running back in the draft who was compared to Lynch and that is Elliot.

Dallas changd their defense to that 4-3 Under based on the Seahawks and they are still trying to toughen their defensive line and LBs - which is not bad, but if your offense does not score points, what's the use?

Jason is going to run into the wall again with the Seahawk copy as well because their modified WCO is almost as flexible as the Patriots and Jason's "system" does not change.
Means we should be good to go for 8-8.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can see that
Unless Garrett goes all out on a run first offense

Otherwise we will get to see How Dak does behind center this year

Reaction score
Sounds like Hostile wrote those texts. If you have his phone number, you better give it up.

Reaction score
I'd block that number.

Trust me... three or more consecutive texts in a row without a response is a sure sign of a crazy person. That isn't how conversations work.

Also, I used to pour over draft profiles, read training camp play by play reports, TiVo preseason games, and schedule my life around NFL Sundays.

A lot of my dying fandom had to do with just getting older, having kids, good career, etc. Major life changes. But honestly I don't even get excited about the team because I just hate how Jerry and Jason are running this team. This is all a big joke and I hate Jerry for holding this team hostage employing the idiot Garrett.

I agree with this. You're smart good post.

But also not that jerry's cavalier attitude upsets me. It's just a casual reminder that it's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's like hey I'm getting drunk and getting my dick sucked the team has ups and downs what ever so I kinda emulate that. I get drunk and watch and like it and shit but whatever

Reaction score
You guys also have to keep in mind the football gods and their hatred of Jerry. It would not surprise me in the least if Elliott suffers a season ending knee injury in game one just like Galloway did in the pickle juice game. Also, for the Elliott pick to elevate this team above 4-12 he's going to need 2k yards and 2 dozen TDs to mask the problems with the defense. This defense has a very strong chance to be even worse than last year. We basically kept the whole sorry lot together for this next year. The inability to sack the QB, create turnovers, defend against the passing game, or get a stop when shit gets real is not magically going to go away.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Sounds like Hostile wrote those texts. If you have his phone number, you better give it up.

lol, its not Hos, he ain't a fan of mine, he thought I was a spy for this board. Sounds like he's had issues with one or more of you guys. Whats the back story there?

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It would not surprise me in the least if Elliott suffers a season ending knee injury in game one

that'll be a double whammy as it would justify the status quo and allow them to kick the can down the road due to "bad luck", I'd rather find out asap if he can play at this level or not, so I sure hope he doesn't get injured

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
that'll be a double whammy as it would justify the status quo and allow them to kick the can down the road due to "bad luck"
They're gonna do that regardless. 8-8 or 9-7 is gonna justify "stay the course."

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Exactly. News flash, Tyron and Witten and Frederick aren't going to play every game the rest of their careers. Those are prime injury excuse candidates, and the powers that be have shown they'll use that excuse given the opportunity.

Top Bottom