C

Cr122

It's official-Cowboys' Marc Colombo out for Sunday's game in Washington
Posted at 3:24 PM on Fri., Sep. 10, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

It's now official - Marc Colombo is out of Sunday's game.

So, too, are Kyle Kosier and Sam Young With the way the week unfolded this is not a surprise. Wade Phillips said earlier Friday he was told Colombo and Kosier should practice next week, which means they could play in the home opener vs. Chicago.

Colombo missed seven regular-season games last year with a fractured fibula and high ankle sprain. This will be the eighth straight regular-season game he has missed. He had a streak of 57 straight starts before getting hurt last year in Green Bay.

C

Cr122

I think Barron can play both tackle positions, but I will say his natural position is right tackle.

Just maybe he takes Colombo's job from him.

C

Cr122

Oh, wait according to Lavar Brewster is starting at right tackle. :awkward

sbk92

Reaction score
I think Barron can play both tackle positions, but I will say his natural position is right tackle.

That is easily one of the most ridiculous statements I've read on these boards.

It's not your fault though. Jerry has beaten you down for so long that you don't even remember what a real RT looks like.

He's the lead dog in the run game. Teams are right handed. Your RT better excel moving his guy. Oh, and his guy is the most stout of the two DEs/OLBs.

A natural RT is the complete opposite of Alex Barron.

C

Cr122

That is easily one of the most ridiculous statements I've read on these boards.

It's not your fault though. Jerry has beaten you down for so long that you don't even remember what a real RT looks like.

He's the lead dog in the run game. Teams are right handed. Your RT better excel moving his guy. Oh, and his guy is the most stout of the two DEs/OLBs.

A natural RT is the complete opposite of Alex Barron.

Hey, I'm just going with the hand we are dealt with here, What else am I suppose to do praise Brewster?

Reaction score
Good. Let him heal properly. But I really think he's at the end of the rope. Thanks for 2008, Columbo . . .

You're up Barron. Take advantage of the opportunity.

Reaction score

:Dunce

Yeah . . . we need another Rob "I'll die before I let you fail" Petiti or a one legged Ryan Young.

Go Parcells!!!!

C

Cr122

I called this before, but I had Barron at LT, and Free at RT.

But after seeing Free play the LT position, I think he can be our future and the way Colombo is with his injuries Barron could make the move to RT.

Right there will give us our tackles for the next several years. Now we need guys behind them, and help at G and C.

sbk92

Reaction score
I called this before, but I had Barron at LT, and Free at RT.

But after seeing Free play the LT position, I think he can be our future and the way Colombo is with his injuries Barron could make the move to RT.

Right there will give us our tackles for the next several years. Now we need guys behind them, and help at G and C.

Your scouting report isn't written in crayon by any chance, is it?

Motorbreath

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Columbo is my hero on the O-Line. One of my favorite players on the O-Line. Tough break for him.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'm not trying to rip him. I'm just sayin. If you're not old enough to have been around for those great 90's teams, you haven't ever seen a quality offensive line here.

Remember when we used to be able to just run up and down the field the 2nd half of games because our line just beat the defense into submission?

Sure beats those shotgun draws and delays.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just found that funny. He was still shitting in his diapers around the time Dale Earnhardt died and Joey Galloway blew out his knee in the pickle juice game.

Top Bottom