Reaction score
LOL, Roy’s posts about Newman and the timing of them make no sense to me. The Cowboys needed him healthy and i think he will thrive in Ryan’s defense. I thought be played pretty good for his first game back.

Reaction score
Scandrick should be in the slot...he can match up with Welker and also he is the best DB blitzer we have...makes sense to have him in the slot.

Cythim

Reaction score
LOL, Roy’s posts about Newman and the timing of them make no sense to me. The Cowboys needed him healthy and i think he will thrive in Ryan’s defense. I thought be played pretty good for his first game back.

He is universally disliked across most Cowboys forums because his arguments are stupid yet he never lets up. He even has his own icon here :roythehammer

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He is universally disliked across most Cowboys forums because his arguments are stupid yet he never lets up. He even has his own icon here :roythehammer

I got no personal problem with RTH. He seems like a cool guy. He certainly takes all the shit that gets dished out to him and tries to give as good as he gets.

My only issue with him is him stepping in big, wet dog turds and then taking a victory lap for it.

Reaction score

Psst... that was his second game back.

Reaction score
He is universally disliked across most Cowboys forums because his arguments are stupid yet he never lets up. He even has his own icon here.

lol

Its only stupid to say that Newman isn't a very good CB to those who have no clue.. if you'd like to join that crowd, be my guest. If people don't like the truth, im not that concerned. Just like all the slack i took for having the nerve to say that, while Tony Romo is obviously a very talented QB, i don't think he's the best leader. People got their panties all in a bunch over that too, but look where we're at now with that situation. He proves time and time again he just isn't the type of player who will be a well respected leader for this team.

But no, Newman is a great corner who we can't win without.. got it.

Reaction score
Psst... that was his second game back.

That’s right, he did play some in the Skins game. I mean, there are some extremes a person can take regarding Newman. I think the poster #41 (whatever his name is, always talks about Felix Jones) thought he was the #2 best corner of all time for the Dallas Cowboys. I would just wait till Newman actually gives up a big play before going ape shit on him. Timing is everything!

Reaction score
That’s right, he did play some in the Skins game. I mean, there are some extremes a person can take regarding Newman. I think the poster #41 (whatever his name is, always talks about Felix Jones) thought he was the #2 best corner of all time for the Dallas Cowboys. I would just wait till Newman actually gives up a big play before going ape shit on him. Timing is everything!

I don't think i went ape shit over Newman if you look at my posts. I said im simply tired of seeing him play not to get beat, as he constantly gives up uncontested receptions in front of him and is content to make the tackle rather than go for the pass breakup. For someone with his gifts and abilities, its just maddening to watch. It wasn't just one week, its been a couple seasons now.

Will he tackle well most of the time and not give up the big play too often? No argument there. Does he make many plays on the ball or break up many passes? He does not. With his skill, he has the ability to do alot more. Just watching him play, he looks like he just plays with little confidence. Is part of it the scheme? Maybe. Injuries? Probably has a little to do with it. But at the end of the day if you're on the field, none of that should matter and you simply have to go out and play. Now that he's getting older and all the injuries seem to be affecting him more, he's going to make even less plays on the ball and most likely won't change his mentality at this point. He'll always be a guy who tackles well most of the time, and doesn't give up too many big plays, but won't challange many plays either.

We can win with him, im not saying he's a major problem.. im just tired of seeing someone with so much talent play the way he does. I'm all for making a change in the offseason and giving someone else a chance.

Reaction score
And the crusade continues!

The crusade for what exactly?

Pointing out that a player has some flaws and not liking his play style is far less offensive than not admitting a head coach has any flaws at all and defending his every move like some sort of brainwashed fool.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The crusade for what exactly?

We've all been wondering that since you started this b/s.

Pointing out that a player has some flaws and not liking his play style is far less offensive than not admitting a head coach has any flaws at all and defending his every move like some sort of brainwashed fool.

I've never claimed Garrett doesnt have any flaws. I just choose not to make him a scapegoat for all the dumbass mistakes by the QB.

Reaction score
We've all been wondering that since you started this b/s.

I've never claimed Garrett doesnt have any flaws. I just choose not to make him a scapegoat for all the dumbass mistakes by the QB.

Spare me, bud. You've claimed he never made mistakes at times that even he, himself, admitted he made mistakes. You're sucking at his tit 24/7. Its disturbing.

..and there's no crusade. Just a few comments about Newman's play that got some panties in a bunch and got blown up into some huge ordeal.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
..and there's no crusade. Just a few comments about Newman's play that got some panties in a bunch and got blown up into some huge ordeal.

For the record, *you* blew it into a big deal because you were so wrong and didn't have the stones to admit it.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
kevin-nash1.jpg

Courtesy of VA.

:towel

Reaction score
For the record, *you* blew it into a big deal because you were so wrong and didn't have the stones to admit it.

For the record.. you couldn't be more wrong. I made a few comments about how he gives up alot of completions underneath him and rarely challanges the ball for someone of his talent and i was sick of seeing someone so talented play with that mentality and rarely challange plays.

The rest of you got your panties in a bunch and took it from there, lol. Lets move on at this point.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For the record.. you couldn't be more wrong. I made a few comments about how he gives up alot of completions underneath him and rarely challanges the ball for someone of his talent and i was sick of seeing someone so talented play with that mentality and rarely challange plays.

The rest of you got your panties in a bunch and took it from there, lol. Lets move on at this point.

Let's not move on. You don't need to post anything 'for the record' --we've got your posting history as a record. The one where you were praising Frank Walker on a series where he essentially gave up the game-winning points after we'd held the Lions for a field goal. Then misrepresented Newman's coverage of CJ on the touchdown play, misdiagnosed it again in super-slo-mo, claimed the play was 'uncontested,' mistakenly thought the 12-men-on-the-field flag was PI on Newman, pivoted your argument to say that Newman, who was playing the route, had his back to the QB, and then later that he didn't get high enough on the jump ball to get his hands in between CJs on the play.

When depantsed for all of that stupidity, you changed to your current 'gives up a lot of completions underneath' argument which nobody cares about and nobody would dispute with you, anyway, because you don't know what you're talking about, don't recognize that you look like an ass-clown, and don't have the balls to just sack-up and say 'my bad' when you're clearly wrong. Instead, you run around taking victory laps while almost every other active poster in the thread is posting images of a ****** that now bears your name.

Top Bottom