C

Cr122

Is there a change at cornerback?
October, 10, 2011 1:10 PM CT
By Calvin Watkins

IRVING -- With the return of Orlando Scandrick from a high ankle sprain the Cowboys should have all their cornerbacks healthy for the first time all season when they visit the New England Patriots on Sunday.

Scandrick started the season opener with Mike Jenkins while Terence Newman recovered from a groin strain.

After Scandrick got hurt in the season opener, Alan Ball replaced him in Week 2. Newman made his debut from injury and started the last two weeks.

Should the Cowboys go back to Scandrick and Jenkins with the first-team or Newman and Jenkins?

"As we go forward we'll evaluate that situation," Jason Garrett said after Monday's practice. "We feel good about the number of corners that we have, starting type players and also guys who haven't been starting but been playing a lot."

The Cowboys could open the game with three corners against the New England Patriots on Sunday if they see a three-receiver set.

Overall, the cornerbacks have played well considering the wide receivers the Cowboys have faced: Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, Calvin Johnson and Santana Moss.

The longest pass the Cowboys have allowed was 36 yards, only one other team has allowed a shorter pass. Dallas has also allowed just seven touchdowns.

Adding veteran Frank Walker to the staff, when the team let go Bryan McCann, has also helped the Cowboys corners play better.

"A lot of these guys have gotten experience over the first four games, so to have that number back there at such a critical position, I think is a really significant thing four our team right now," Garrett said. "We'll just evaluate what they're roles are going to be as the week goes on."

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
~waiting patiently for Roythehammer to chime in~

I wanted to thank him for revolutionizing coaching defensive backs. As someone who coaches the secondary I really appreciate it. The whole getting your hand between the receiver's hands when the ball arrives....Brilliant!

C

Cr122

Not sure why youa re laughing about Frank Walker. The guy did real well for us.

I'm not laughing about Frank Walker, Laz. I'm talking about RTH saying he would rather have Frank Walker over Terrence Newman.

Reaction score
Frank Walker has done a good job here, but he's not replacing Newman like RTH would like him to.

This is really breaking news type stuff here. lol

I think its funny as good as everyone thinks Newman is though, JG wouldn't even committ to him being the starter when Scandrick gets back.

Its funny how in the dark some of you are to the way he plays the game. He's not a guy who challanges plays at all. I'll be happy when we move on from him after the season ends.

Reaction score
Thankfully for us RTH has no role with the franchise.

lol

Spare me, please. This from the JG CAN DO NOTHING WRONG! dumbass.

Its comical how some of you have been dangling from my sack for weeks now, all because i think Newman is an average player at best.

Newsflash.. that's what he is right now. He's not an all pro, he's not a pro bowler, he's a guy with tremendous talent who plays not to get beat, whether it be zone or man coverage. I'd like a guy who will play with a little confidence and challange a play more than once a game.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

This is really breaking news type stuff here. lol

I think its funny as good as everyone thinks Newman is though, JG wouldn't even committ to him being the starter when Scandrick gets back.

Its funny how in the dark some of you are to the way he plays the game. He's not a guy who challanges plays at all. I'll be happy when we move on from him after the season ends.

I'm not saying Terrence hasn't lost a step, but he's definitely our best option besides Jenkins right now.

My biggest complaint on Newman is his vagina. It always seems to get hurt. Other than that he's a solid player for us.

Reaction score
I'm not saying Terrence hasn't lost a step, but he's definitely our best option besides Jenkins right now.

My biggest complaint on Newman is his vagina. It always seems to get hurt. Other than that he's a solid player for us.

Will he give up the big play? Rarely.. but i believe its a product of his mentality, which is why, whether people believe it to be his fault or the "scheme's" fault, he gives up alot of short to midrange completions.

In a sense, im agreeing that his biggest problem is his vagina. He certainly was blessed with rare athletic ability and isn't short on talent at all.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

I think you are wrong, it's his balls. If he had a pussy, he wouldn't miss a game. Right Betty?

betty.jpg

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
l...Its comical how some of you have been dangling from my sack for weeks now, all because i think Newman is an average player at best.

Newsflash.. that's what he is right now. He's not an all pro, he's not a pro bowler, he's a guy with tremendous talent who plays not to get beat, whether it be zone or man coverage. I'd like a guy who will play with a little confidence and challange a play more than once a game.

The only thing dangling from your nuts is poop residue from having them shoved up your own anus after some of your dumber Newman posts.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think you are wrong, it's his balls. If he had a pussy, he wouldn't miss a game. Right Betty?

betty.jpg

I think I said this in another thread, but apparently Newman really yoked up his vagina in the offseason. It's supposed to be top-notch now.

Top Bottom