Reaction score
Playoffs start in two weeks and we seem to have a pretty solid idea who the contestants are.

If Dallas gets eliminated (very likely, considering Garrett and all).... who would you root for to win the Super Bowl? What would be an interesting matchup for you?

For me, I guess I'd pull for Kansas City - on account of them having not won in such a long time yet being such an incredible, passionate football town. Also I'd love for Andy Reid to finally get a ring if for no other reason to show he can when not handicapped by that epic choker Donovan McNabb.

Atlanta might be another team I'd root for solely because they've never won before.

I'd hate for Seattle to win another. I'm kind of tired of the Patriots, although another ring would cement BB as the greatest coach in NFL history.

Green Bay? Meh.
Oakland? I'd love it but they don't have a shot without Carr.

I think all the other teams are far too flawed to warrant serious consideration.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For me it would be the Raiders but that's out the window with Carr gone

So if we get knocked out than its SEA for me simply because my woman's family is from there and all root for the Seahawks

I wouldn't mind ATL for the same reason you stated.

Just please lord not the Patriots and sure as fuck not the Steelers!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Do not want........

1)Patriots
2)Giants
3)steelers
4) Packers
In this order. Anybody else good luck.

Will not watch if the Patriots make it back unless its against us.

If we bow out give me Detroit or Atlanta vs KC or Dolphins. Any combination of those. Some long suffering teams I wouldn't mind to see hoist the Lombardi.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'd have liked Oakland but it's not happening with Matt McGloin or whoever.

I like Denver a lot but they're not going anywhere with that horrid offense.

I like Detroit but they aren't good enough.

KC I guess. I like the franchise but it's still hard for me to root for Andy Reid after he whipped us all those years.

Just anyone but Pittsburgh for me.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
If not us then Detroit or Atlanta in the NFC. In the AFC as long as its not the Pats or Steelers anything else is tolerable.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Chiefs is the only one I could stomach, actually would have been ok with the Raiders too but they have no shot now

Looks like the pats have a red carpet lined path to yet another Super Bowl

Funny thing is the Cowboys wont have to leave the state of Texas regardless of how far they go

Reaction score
Yeah i would take a certain enjoyment in Detroit going from an 0-16 team to a NFC champion before we made it to a conference championship again.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
For me, I guess I'd pull for Kansas City

Yeah pre toupee lead Hank Stram Chiefs stomped a mud hole in the Vikings in SB4. Havent been back since and have no strong hatred of Andy Reid. Anybody but NE or NYG.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't make that assumption. There's a lot more to that team than the QB.

To me that's just wishful thinking

Can they win games without Carr? Sure they can

Can they win playoff games without Carr against the best teams in the league? It's doubtful or at least it's unlikely

It's going to take a run game like they had on display yesterday with 200 yard games on the ground. And I don't see that happening once they reach the caliber of teams in the playoffs

If their defense can serve up teams like Denvers did last year they might stand a chance

The Raiders losing Carr is akin to us loosing Romo last season with no real solution at back up

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
What's this shit? It's Dallas this year.

I just don't know what I'll do if they win. Want to see Dak, Zeke, Witten, Lee, etc. with the trophy but I'll probably throw the remote through the TV when Garrett and the Jones spawn are pawing it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can they win playoff games without Carr against the best teams in the league? It's doubtful or at least it's unlikely
You're acting like its never happened, teams winning the SB with a backup QB.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You're acting like its never happened, teams winning the SB with a backup QB.

I didn't say it's never happened, I said it was unlikely. Just like you quoted me as saying

And it's even more unlikely considering this kid McGloin has never even started or completed an entire NFL game as near as I can tell. From his career stats he's completed 2/3 in his entire career, and that was in yesterday's game.

So can he lead this Raiders team to the Super Bowl?

Sure, I suppose he could, anything can happen. I just can't think of a single example similar to this where a QB with zero experience has stepped in the last game of the season and taken them to and then won the Super Bowl.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Playoffs start in two weeks and we seem to have a pretty solid idea who the contestants are.

If Dallas gets eliminated (very likely, considering Garrett and all).... who would you root for to win the Super Bowl? What would be an interesting matchup for you?

For me, I guess I'd pull for Kansas City - on account of them having not won in such a long time yet being such an incredible, passionate football town. Also I'd love for Andy Reid to finally get a ring if for no other reason to show he can when not handicapped by that epic choker Donovan McNabb.

Atlanta might be another team I'd root for solely because they've never won before.

I'd hate for Seattle to win another. I'm kind of tired of the Patriots, although another ring would cement BB as the greatest coach in NFL history.

Green Bay? Meh.
Oakland? I'd love it but they don't have a shot without Carr.

I think all the other teams are far too flawed to warrant serious consideration.

Fuck all other teams.

Oh and fuck you for posting this idea (again)

Have a nice day.

Top Bottom