Reaction score
But I think if you actually compare our roster to theirs, we have more talent, pound for pound.

I'd say we have the edge in the following positions:

QB
TE
OT
C
DT
OLB
ILB
P

I think they have an edge at:

RB
G
CB
S
DE
K

I think there's a push at:

WR (although our 1&2 is better than their 1&2)

Coaching I'd say is a push. Reid gets a nod at HC (even though I like Garrett better, Ried has history). But Ryan is arguably the best DC in football, while their guy is unproven and lacks a background in running a defense.

They're getting all the hype and media attention, while we're flying under the radar and coming off a 6-10 season.

We're going to "upset" some people this year.

And I'm telling you right now, WE WIN THE NFC EAST THIS YEAR.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
love the enthusiasm.

I have to disagree on rob ryan though. I dont even think he is in the conversation of best DC's in the league.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
But I think if you actually compare our roster to theirs, we have more talent, pound for pound.

I'd say we have the edge in the following positions:

QB
TE
OT
C
DT
OLB
ILB
P

I think they have an edge at:

RB
G
CB
S
DE
K

I think there's a push at:

WR (although our 1&2 is better than their 1&2)

Coaching I'd say is a push. Reid gets a nod at HC (even though I like Garrett better, Ried has history). But Ryan is arguably the best DC in football, while their guy is unproven and lacks a background in running a defense.

They're getting all the hype and media attention, while we're flying under the radar and coming off a 6-10 season.

We're going to "upset" some people this year.

And I'm telling you right now, WE WIN THE NFC EAST THIS YEAR.

I think RB is a push. As for winning the NFC East... if Romo hits' his benchmarks, then yes.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
he's at least better than an OL coach.

a few years ago when spagnulo left NY and the giants just stuck Bill Sheridan in there and expected to not miss a beat because of talent it never made any sense to me. He had never been in charge of any unit in the nfl or at michigan.

and he crashed and burned because he couldnt handle all the personalities when things started going south.

Hopefully the same thing happens. having jim washburn is a big help though.

Reaction score
I'd give them the edge in WR's. I'd also call the Center and DT position a push. Agree with most though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'd give them the edge in WR's. I'd also call the Center and DT position a push. Agree with most though.

I'd only give them the edge because of Avant and becuase we do not even know who will be our #3 WR. I agree with Mid that our #1 and #2 is better. But if you go with entire receiving corp (WRs and TEs), then the Cowboys have the edge.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Jerry just continues his poor performance as a GM. He brings the guy who played a big role in giving up all those touchdowns last year (and who doesn't seem to want to tackle anyone). The Eagles are bringing in big time players and the Cowboys are bringing in spares like this. It is a fact that Jerry can't draft (see that 2009 draft class plus many others), can't make trades (see Roy Williams and Joey Galloway), and has been on the sidelines while other teams have been signing good players. Of course, a big reason why they can't sign anyone significant is the bloated contracts and dead money that Jerry gave to poor performers in the past few years. His ego won't let him admit that he sucks as a GM.
:frustrate

Reaction score
OT is debateable...I like the longterm projection, but they have Andrews and just signed Ryan Harris.

Overall I think there is a very good chance we can win this division. Many will point at some complacency and continuity, but I think the fresh start under Garrett and Ryan will pay huge dividends.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You will once you see him coach talent.
I hope everyone understands that the Eagles aren't making all these moves to fend off the Cowboys - they could care less about us as they could beat us without all of the pickups. This is to challenge the Pack, plain and simple. I just want to make sure all of us Cowboy fans understand that. We are of no consequence to them....unfortunately.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have another nit to pick.

This should never be referred to as a dream team. No dream team in the history of the nfl would have mike vick and vince young at qb.

we should call it what it is. The eagles covering up deficient areas that they have not been able to fill through the draft and are trying the shortcut to success.

They should be called the 5 year ARM or someting.

Reaction score
I like the dream team monicker. It will stick with them all season, and there will be a lot of pressure, distractions.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I hope everyone understands that the Eagles aren't making all these moves to fend off the Cowboys - they could care less about us as they could beat us without all of the pickups. This is to challenge the Pack, plain and simple. I just want to make sure all of us Cowboy fans understand that. We are of no consequence to them....unfortunately.

Umm we are 4-1 against them over the last two seasons.......and I can tell you from watching andy reid on the sideline last year, beating us last year in Dallas might have been their most important game. Reid acted like he won the superbowl when they beat us last year......

and that was us with jon kitna.

Clutch88

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Umm we are 4-1 against them over the last two seasons.......and I can tell you from watching andy reid on the sideline last year, beating us last year in Dallas might have been their most important game. Reid acted like he won the superbowl when they beat us last year......

and that was us with jon kitna.
Umm we barely beat their third string in the final game....

Top Bottom