jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Also, wealth vs income. Incomes are much closer, but if you rent and literally save nothing what wealth could you hope to accumulate?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The term "distribute" implies that someone is giving the wealth out disproportionately.

In actuality, this is how wealth is earned in America.

So what's the solution? Tax the top 1% at a 90% rate?

What was their tax rate while America was building itself into the greatest nation in the world?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We don't need an increase in income tax. But you fucks elected people who opposed any increase to taxes on investments and such, so guess who's paying more taxesnow?

Way to think it through dumbasses.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don't think they had income tax then .

I wonder. I'm honestly not sure. Sure as fuck never got that history lesson in grade school.

Of course, things were likely orders of magnitude more simple in life. People were too busy taking care of their own to worry about what their neighbor was doing and in what position.

When did politicians start getting paid?

Sometimes I wish I had a DaLorean to check out how people lived and coexisted back then. Then I remember that they burned people at the stake and stay content where I'm at. Although I still want a DaLorean fully equipped with a flux capacitor.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Is jeebus really using the gilded age and the slavery era as a model era of wealth distribution?

First income tax was in 1861 fwiw.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Is jeebus really using the gilded age and the slavery era as a model era of wealth distribution?

First income tax was in 1861 fwiw.

No, just as the time we first rose to the greatest nation on earth (gilded age more so than slavery).

And I beleive the first federal income tax was in 1912 or something, but you never can tell with a war criminal.

Top Bottom