Reaction score
9 milly(Taurus) 2-25rnd clips, 1-15rnd clip
40 cal (FireStar) 2-6rnd clips
AR-15 (Colt) - 3-30rnd Mags

...I'm a machete away from being WWZ ready

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are you guys really that worried about having to shoot someone breaking into your house?

I don't have kids, so maybe I'd think more about such things if I did.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Are you guys really that worried about having to shoot someone breaking into your house?
I'm not. In fact like everyone else who hasn't been faced with the scenario yet, I really do not know that I could shoot.

They say your training kicks in, hope never find that out.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Most people who die from firearms get killed by their own gun.

That is some stupid shit you are posting. If some folks choose to kill themselves it's less social security we are on the hook for.

As far a criminals taking legal gun owners guns, that is pure crap you heard on MSNBC.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That is some stupid shit you are posting. If some folks choose to kill themselves it's less social security we are on the hook for.

As far a criminals taking legal gun owners guns, that is pure crap you heard on MSNBC.
Don't you think he might have been talking about accidents, not suicides or bad guys?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
My vehicles have had windows busted out, shit stolen. My house, about a year and a half ago, was broken into. They made off with the only gun I had, and that gun was loaned to me because we had been fucked with quite a few times there and we had a newborn at the time.

I live in a much more mellow part of town now,I have a 6' fence around my entire property, but I know with my luck, it's just a matter of time until shit happens again.

Im going to get another shotgun and some kind of handgun, not sure what yet. That being said, without a shadow of a doubt, if a person comes in my house, and I have the opportunity, I'm going to shoot that person before he or she does what they intend to do. There was a time at my old place, I set up a cheap camera and stayed up like 3 nights a week with my gun a few feet away, just praying that SOB would crawl through my window or open my door.

As many times as I've been robbed, I'm tired of that feeling, the bastards were lucky I wasn't home when they broke in last time.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not. In fact like everyone else who hasn't been faced with the scenario yet, I really do not know that I could shoot.

They say your training kicks in, hope never find that out.
Good answer, Dooms. I'm actually glad to hear that. I'd feel exactly the same way.

And I'm not anti-gun... My dad has a bunch of guns, though all for hunting as far as I know. I just never have personally worried about it, though I know people who have lived in areas where they justifiably have.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Good answer, Dooms. I'm actually glad to hear that. I'd feel exactly the same way.

And I'm not anti-gun... My dad has a bunch of guns, though all for hunting as far as I know. I just never have personally worried about it, though I know people who have lived in areas where they justifiably have.
I think most people if they are honest with themselves, would admit they really don't know for sure if they would shoot someone. They say the training (if you have it) kicks in and you will shoot - putting 3-4 rounds in the chest like you're taught - but that's never been tested for me yet.

I DID stove a burglar's head in with a framing hammer though - but I had a infant daughter and her mother to protect at that time, and no gun.

So I've sort of faced the scenario, just not with a gun.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So the hammer story was for real? Damn. That's way more hardcore than using a gun. :lol What happened? If you're being literal, did it kill him?

But yeah, I think I could club someone as hard as I could with a baseball bat, but I don't think I could shoot someone unless they had a machine gun or something. Or I knew they were about to harm someone.

Honestly, I'd rather let someone steal my stuff than kill them.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
So the hammer story was for real? Damn. That's way more hardcore than using a gun. What happened? If you're being literal, did it kill him?
He lived but wound up with a permanent, round dent above his right eye in the forehead. (I'm left handed.) I was sleeping but heard glass break and a window open and didn't know what to do, but saw that framing hammer on the floor on the way to investigate, and took it with me.

Found him coming out of a unused bedroom and turning to walk up the hall, and just walked up and clocked him.

Found a gun on him after he was knocked the fugg out. Cops said he was a career home invader.

I'd been doing some home renovation and cops speculated that is why he targeted the house - building supplies were stacked outside and they think he was coming in after the power tools. The hammer on the floor was pure coincidence, I'd left it lying there after I stopped working for the day. Which is WAY out of character for me, I was always a cleanup guy and never leave tools out.

Oddly, just last year or so a burglar was killed locally much the same way, but this homeowner plunged a roofing hammer into the fucker's chest instead of in the head.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather let someone steal my stuff than kill them.
I don't even kill animals. They have just as much right to be here as I do. I even throw fish back after I catch them. They just want to live, same as us.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't even kill animals. They have just as much right to be here as I do. I even throw fish back after I catch them. They just want to live, same as us.

I am proud of you. I have killed all kinds of shit.

Top Bottom