Reaction score
This Jenner thing is yet another passing news-of-the-day item that really doesn't evoke much of a reaction from me. Honestly, I don't care much about it. If I thought about for a while I could come up with some sort of strong opinion and then, I guess, argue the point as if I cared about it. But I don't really care about it.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
The main problem with these arguments is two-fold. First is the redefinition of the word 'judge' Coming to a negative opinion is no more or less an error as arriving at a favorable opinion is something to feel superior about. Everybody assesses what they see and comes to a conclusion and the person who arrives at a negative opinion is no more a hypocrite than the one who didn't. We all judge character.

And anyone claiming for the sake of arguing against Christianity, that Jesus or the apostles taught against it is wrong. Over and over the believer is told to assess the 'fruits' of another and judge/discriminate/opine based on them. And yes I can chapter and verse them, but you guys never read them anyway. Anyone can cut and paste Matthew Ch 7:1 and think they've resolved the issue, but cut and paste hermeneutics doesn't work. Everything is to be taken in context of what precedes and what follows. Especially when at the end of the same chapter, Jesus refers to the recognizable typology of naming blasphemers and pagans. Swines and dogs. We are supposed to discriminate by judging character. God will judge the soul. The hope is, that in rightly judging character we can help each other from falling into God's judgement.

Second, even laughably, the declaring of others motives. Anyone who practices the same mode of assessing a thing that comes to a negative view is denigrated as 'hating'' others. Recognizing aberrant behavior is simply recognizing the character of the thing, nothing more or less. I'll likely never cross paths with Bruce Jenner; what he does doesn't have a direct impact, what others are saying and doing however does influence the society I and those who recognize the situation for what it is live in. Namely calling a mental illness a positive thing and celebrating it. And the argument of what someone does in his own private space doesn't fit, when the issue is being politicized, socialized and essentially forced onto everyone to choose a side or face punishment for making a statement about a 'protected class'. That sort of argument is ignorant and the consequences will be devastating.

But you don't believe in God. Perhaps you 'Fucking Love Science'?
Well maybe the words of one of the pioneers of sex-reassignment surgery can convince you that there is absolutely nothing to applaud when a mentally ill person is goaded on by complete strangers and the promise of adoration and idolatry…

Link

We have wasted scientific and technical resources and damaged our professional credibility by collaborating with madness rather than trying to study, cure, and ultimately prevent it.

He sums it up perfectly, but the entire read is well worth the time to better understand that Bruce Jenner isn't being done any favors by the entertainment seeking enablers. In fact love isn't applauding another as they head down a dead-end, that's better described as hate. The only love being displayed is the love of self, in maintaining popular appearances so as to fit in and avoid being pointed out by the in-crowd.

Last edited:

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
for the record, I am not a fan of Jenner's very public campaign. Due to nature of his family's constant attempt to gain publicity.

I will say that if his actions helped even one person struggling with this to find confidence then bravo.

I suspect that most people who deal with this can not come anywhere close to affording the medication and surgery required like Jenner can. Nor will they have magazine covers and tv specials to support their transition. Jenner's "struggle" is nowhere near what other transitioning people go through.
There is a possibility that this is just a stunt to make money. Kim's first marriage was for ratings and money, so I don't put nothing past that family. The joke could be on all of us. This could be one big publicity stunt. Bruce's wife Kris, is one of the most sick people that I have ever seen. She craves money and publicity so much that I think she has mental problems. At one time, I thought Bruce was above that kinda behavior , but now I don't put nothing past him. I do think that he should ask people to stop with the hero labeling. A hero is somebody like Chtis Kyle, not some guy that has mental issues and wants his nuts chopped off. I realize that I have very conservative opinions, but I am a lot more open minded than my posts indicate. This is just too much though. I am not judging him. He has created his own problems and those problems are his until I get labeled for recognizing those problems. None of my business ? It became my business when every TV, newspaper and Internet article is about Jenner. This is a private matter and should have remained that way. Instead, it has been made public and anybody that disagrees are labeled as hateful.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, Kris and Bruce don't seem to mind that their 17-year old daughter is getting plowed by a 25-year old rapper. To me, that's a way bigger issue.

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So you guys have never had your lady lick your butt hole while your getting a BJ? I bet Kris licked Bruces.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
how is she licking my ass while sucking my cock? never mind; I don't wanna know.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I sometimes think that most of you were once women who made the transgender decision long ago.

Top Bottom