Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm just curious how much the average person actually cares about their gun rights.

I personally live in CA which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Which have also proven not to do a damn thing to stop gun violence. Same thing in Chicago, they have the strictest gun laws in the country and they also have the worst gun violence statistics.

I own guns, I shoot them recreationally, I hunt with them, and I carry one at work. My 2A (Second Amendment) rights have guided my voting decisions for many years.

With these last mass shootings the Dems (once again) are trying to stuff new gun control measures down our throats like they always do. My questions is what do you guys think about gun control?

Do you own guns? Do you care that there might be an upcoming magazine capacity ban, and a full on assault weapon ban? Do these issues even matter to you? I know some of us here own guns and shoot them, and I know others don't. I'm trying to get a gauge on where normal people (Not the left or libs) stand on your own gun rights.

What are your thoughts on the proposed mag cap ban and assault weapons ban that they are planning to ram through?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gun control has nothing to do with gun violence, mass shootings, murders or anything else like that. Never has to dems and never will.

What they fear about guns is 1776 type events happening during their fucktard rule. Take away guns from the masses and they won't really fear an angry citizenship threatening them with rocks or fisticuffs.

And you can bet your ass the dem/libtard elites will have massive amounts of firearms and weaponry to protect themselves.

Yes I own guns and yes this matters to me, just as it should matter to any law abiding citizen. If law abiding citizens don't want to own guns, fine that's their choice. But for those of that do there shouldn't be any government obstruction/crackdown on us.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Gun control has nothing to do with gun violence, mass shootings, murders or anything else like that. Never has to dems and never will.
Exactly like tons of other stuff. If they ever solved any problems they wouldn't have a platform.

Can get rid of inner city gun violence in short order by strengthening the felon in possession law. Currently the federal law isn't mandatory to be used in such cases and it only carries a 5 year sentence when it's evoked. Make it mandatory and have it carry 20 and gun violence in cities will all but disappear within 5 years. Prisons will fill up but that's what they're for.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CA's gun laws are what the Dems want the rest of the country to look like. This isn't just conjecture, this is their declaration. Cuntala has declared it herself.

I have continuously had my gun rights slowly (and sometimes not so slowly) ripped from me over the years. It's a kin to beating a dead horse. They just keep picking and picking and slowly taking my gun rights away a little bit at a time so that I hardly even notice it anymore. If you want a laugh, take a look at what a CA legal AR is.

Take a look at the stock and paddle type grips that CA requires now. It's a fucking joke. The gun does exactly what it would do without the retarded stock and daffy duck paddle grip. It is still a semi auto rifle that goes bang each time you pull the trigger. This law did fuckall to make the AR platform less lethal or less effective. It serves absolutely no purpose other than to make some shit for brains politician sleep better at night wrongfully thinking that they did something to make a difference!

Not one of the Dems proposed gun control laws does a single thing to take guns out of the hands of criminals. Nor does it do anything to keep them from obtaining them in the first place. All they do is take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens. The problem with the Dems thinking is that (for some damn reason) they believe that criminals will obey a gun law that they put in place. Criminals (by definition) do NOT obey the law. They don't go out and buy a gun at a gun shop, pay the registration fee, have a background check completed, then wait for the local waiting period to obtain a gun. The last fucking thing a criminal wants is to have his name attached to a firearm that he plans to use in a crime. Therefore, no amount of gun control laws will do a damn thing to stop criminals from illegally obtaining, and using illegal guns during the commission of their crimes.

I smell a Clinton style Federal Assault weapons ban coming before Biden dies and Cuntala takes over.

DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm just curious how much the average person actually cares about their gun rights.

I personally live in CA which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Which have also proven not to do a damn thing to stop gun violence. Same thing in Chicago, they have the strictest gun laws in the country and they also have the worst gun violence statistics.

Yes I too own a variety of weapons & shoot recreationally when I can. Like Scott, I also live in Commifornia & after moving here from a free state in 1989, I have seen my second amendment rights go down the toilet. People in other parts of the country just haven’t a clue how tough it is out here if you are a responsible gun owner. We’ve had to put up with everything from “assault weapons “ ( which shouldn’t even be a phrase ) registration, to not even being able to buy a box of ammunition , legally, or gift a box to s friend , without a background check from the DOJ.

I guaran fucking t u that the gang bangers in LA ain’t doin any of that shit !

I hope the rest of the country doesn’t have to go through the shit we do out here , but if they do , it’s pretty much the norm out here.

Just my dos centavos on the subject !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I too own a variety of weapons & shoot recreationally when I can. Like Scott, I also live in Commifornia & after moving here from a free state in 1989, I have seen my second amendment rights go down the toilet. People in other parts of the country just haven’t a clue how tough it is out here if you are a responsible gun owner. We’ve had to put up with everything from “assault weapons “ ( which shouldn’t even be a phrase ) registration, to not even being able to buy a box of ammunition , legally, or gift a box to s friend , without a background check from the DOJ.

I guaran fucking t u that the gang bangers in LA ain’t doin any of that shit !

I hope the rest of the country doesn’t have to go through the shit we do out here , but if they do , it’s pretty much the norm out here.

Just my dos centavos on the subject !

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't have time to keep up with it all but definitely don't want the right to bear arms taken away. I'll always want the government to be afraid of an armed population but I fear this view is lost on most folks who seemed to welcome more government with each passing day.

Did anyone else read this bullshit: H.R.127 - Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act? I sure hope it doesnt pass because its effectively a ban on all guns and will turn millions of gun owners into criminals if they refuse to pay the $800 fee (I think it might even be annually but its been a while since I read it)

117th CONGRESS
1st Session
H. R. 127

To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 4, 2021
Ms. Jackson Lee introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
A BILL
To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the “Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act”.
SEC. 2. LICENSING OF FIREARM AND AMMUNITION POSSESSION; REGISTRATION OF FIREARMS.

(a) Firearm Licensing And Registration System.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—Chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
Ҥ 932. Licensing of firearm and ammunition possession; registration of firearms
“(a) In General.—The Attorney General, through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States.
“(b) Firearm Registration System.—
“(1) REQUIRED INFORMATION.—Under the firearm registration system, the owner of a firearm shall transmit to the Bureau—
“(A) the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored; and
“(B) a notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person.
“(2) DEADLINE FOR SUPPLYING INFORMATION.—The transmission required by paragraph (1) shall be made—
“(A) in the case of a firearm acquired before the effective date of this section, within 3 months after the effective date of this section; or
“(B) in the case of a firearm acquired on or after the effective date, on the date the owner acquires the firearm.
“(3) DATABASE.—
“(A) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall establish and maintain a database of all firearms registered pursuant to this subsection.
“(B) ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau.
“(c) Licensing System.—
“(1) REQUIREMENTS.—
“(A) GENERAL LICENSE.—Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to possess a firearm and ammunition if the individual—
“(i) has attained 21 years of age;
“(ii) after applying for the license—
“(I) undergoes a criminal background check conducted by the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, and the check does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the individual would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State law;
“(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
“(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
“(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
“(B) ANTIQUE FIREARM DISPLAY LICENSE.—The Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to display an antique firearm in a residence of the individual if the individual—
“(i) is the holder of a license issued under subparagraph (A);
“(ii) supplies proof that the individual owns an antique firearm;
“(iii) describes the manner in which the firearm will be displayed in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Attorney General, and certifies that the firearm will be so displayed; and
“(iv) demonstrates that the individual has provided for storage of the firearm in a safe or facility approved by the Attorney General for the storage of firearms.
“(C) MILITARY-STYLE WEAPONS LICENSE.—The Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to own and possess a military-style weapon if the individual—
“(i) is the holder of a license issued under subparagraph (A); and
“(ii) after applying for a license under this subparagraph, successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of the weapon, that includes at least 24 hours of training and live fire training.
“(2) PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION.—A psychological evaluation is conducted in accordance with this paragraph if—
“(A) the evaluation is conducted in compliance with such standards as shall be established by the Attorney General;
“(B) the evaluation is conducted by a licensed psychologist approved by the Attorney General;
“(C) as deemed necessary by the licensed psychologist involved, the evaluation included a psychological evaluation of other members of the household in which the individual resides; and
“(D) as part of the psychological evaluation, the licensed psychologist interviewed any spouse of the individual, any former spouse of the individual, and at least 2 other persons who are a member of the family of, or an associate of, the individual to further determine the state of the mental, emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms.
“(3) DENIAL OF LICENSE.—
“(A) REQUIRED.—The Attorney General shall deny such a license to an individual if—
“(i) the individual is prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm; or
“(ii) the individual has been hospitalized—
“(I) with a mental illness, disturbance, or diagnosis (including depression, homicidal ideation, suicidal ideation, attempted suicide, or addiction to a controlled substance (within the meaning of the Controlled Substances Act) or alcohol), or a brain disease (including dementia or Alzheimer’s); or
“(II) on account of conduct that endangers self or others.
“(B) AUTHORIZED.—The Attorney General may deny such a license to an individual if—
“(i) the psychological evaluation referred to in paragraph (2) indicates that the individual—
“(I) has a chronic mental illness or disturbance, or a brain disease, referred to in subparagraph (A)(ii)(I);
“(II) is addicted to a controlled substance (within the meaning of the Controlled Substances Act) or alcohol; or
“(III) has attempted to commit suicide; or
“(ii) prior psychological treatment or evaluation of the individual indicated that the individual engaged in conduct that posed a danger to self or others.
“(4) SUSPENSION OF LICENSE.—
“(A) IN GENERAL.—A license issued under this subsection to an individual who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year is hereby suspended.
“(B) AUTHORIZED FOR LACK OF FIREARM INSURANCE.—The Attorney General may suspend a license issued under this subsection to an individual who has violated section 922(dd) in the most recent 12-month period.
“(5) REVOCATION OF LICENSE.—A license issued under this subsection to an individual who is or becomes prohibited by Federal or State law from possessing a firearm is hereby revoked. Such an individual shall immediately return the license, and surrender all firearms and ammunition owned or possessed by the individual, to the Attorney General.
“(6) EXPIRATION OF LICENSE.—A license issued to an individual under this subsection shall expire—
“(A) in the case of a license that has been in effect for less than 5 years, 1 year after issuance or renewal, as the case may be; or
“(B) in the case of a license that has been in effect for at least 5 years, 3 years after the most recent date the license is renewed.
“(7) RENEWAL OF LICENSE.—The Attorney General shall renew a license issued to an individual under this subsection if the individual—
“(A) requests the renewal by the end of the 60-day period that begins with the date the license expires;
“(B) in the 3-year period ending with the date the renewal is requested—
“(i) has met the requirement of paragraph (1)(A)(ii)(II); and
“(ii) has successfully completed a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 8 hours of training;
“(C) meets the requirement of paragraph (1)(A)(iii); and
“(D) in the case of a license issued under paragraph (1)(C), in the 2-year period ending with the date the renewal is requested, has successfully completed a training course, certified by the Attorney General, that includes at least 8 hours of training in the use of the weapon subject to the license.
“(d) Firearm Insurance.—
“(1) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall issue to any person who has applied for a license pursuant to subsection (c) and has paid to the Attorney General the fee specified in paragraph (2) of this subsection a policy that insures the person against liability for losses and damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person during the 1-year period that begins with the date the policy is issued.
“(2) FEE.—The fee specified in this paragraph is $800.”.
(2) MILITARY-STYLE WEAPON DEFINED.—Section 921(a) of such title is amended by inserting after paragraph (29) the following:
“(30) The term ‘military-style weapon’ means—
“(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as—
“(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);
“(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;
“(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC–70);
“(iv) Colt AR–15;
“(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;
“(vi) SWD M–10, M–11, M–11/9, and M–12;
“(vii) Steyr AUG;
“(viii) INTRATEC TEC–9, TEC–DC9 and TEC–22; and
“(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;
“(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
“(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
“(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
“(iii) a bayonet mount;
“(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
“(v) a grenade launcher;
“(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
“(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
“(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
“(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
“(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and
“(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and
“(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of—
“(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
“(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
“(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
“(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.”.
(3) CLERICAL AMENDMENT.—The table of sections for such chapter is amended by adding at the end the following:

“932. Licensing of firearm and ammunition possession; registration of firearms.”.
(4) DEADLINE FOR ESTABLISHMENT.—Within 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Attorney General shall prescribe final regulations to implement the amendments made by this subsection.
(b) Prohibitions; Penalties.—
(1) PROHIBITIONS.—Section 922 of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:
“(aa) It shall be unlawful for a person to possess a firearm or ammunition, unless—
“(1) the person is carrying a valid license issued under section 932(c)(1); and
“(2) (A) in the case of a firearm owned by the person, the firearm is registered to the person under section 932(b); or
“(B) in the case of a firearm owned by another person—
“(i) the firearm is so registered to such other person; and
“(ii) such other person has notified the Attorney General that the firearm has been loaned to the person, and the possession is during the loan period specified in the notice.
“(bb) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to transfer a firearm or ammunition to a person who is not licensed under section 932(c)(1).
“(2) It shall be unlawful for a person to sell or give a firearm or ammunition to another person unless the person has notified the Attorney General of the sale or gift.
“(3) It shall be unlawful for a person to loan a firearm or ammunition to another person unless the person has notified the Attorney General of the loan, including the identity of such other person and the period for which the loan is made.
“(4) It shall be unlawful for a person holding a valid license issued under section 932(c)(1) to transfer a firearm to an individual who has not attained 18 years of age.
“(cc) A person who possesses a firearm or to whom a license is issued under section 932(c)(1) shall have in effect an insurance policy issued under section 932(d).”.
(2) PENALTIES.—Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:
“(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(aa) shall be fined not less than $75,000 and not more than $150,000, imprisoned not less than 15 years and not more than 25 years, or both.
“(9) (A) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(1) shall be fined not less than $50,000 and not more than $75,000, imprisoned not less than 10 years and not more than 15 years, or both.
“(B) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(2) shall be fined not less than $30,000 and not more than $50,000, imprisoned not less than 5 years and not more than 10 years, or both.
“(C) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(3) shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $10,000.
“(D) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(bb)(4) shall be fined not less than $75,000 and not more than $100,000, imprisoned not less than 15 years and not more than 25 years, or both, except that if the transferee of the firearm possess or uses the firearm during or in relation to a crime, an unintentional shooting, or suicide, the transferor shall be fined not less than $100,000 and not more than $150,000, imprisoned not less than 25 years and not more than 40 years, or both.
“(10) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(cc) shall be fined not less than $50,000 and not more than $100,000, imprisoned not less than 10 years and not more than 20 years, or both.”.
(3) CONFORMING AMENDMENTS.—
(A) ELIMINATION OF PROHIBITION ON ESTABLISHMENT OF CENTRALIZED FIREARM REGISTRATION SYSTEM.—Section 926(a) of such title is amended by striking the 2nd sentence.
(B) APPLICABILITY TO GOVERNMENTAL AND MILITARY FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION.—Section 925(a) of such title is amended in each of paragraphs (1) and (2), by inserting “and except for section 932,” after the 2nd comma.
(4) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this subsection shall take effect on the date final regulations are prescribed under subsection (a)(4).
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON POSSESSION OF CERTAIN AMMUNITION.

(a) In General.—Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, as amended by section 2 of this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following:
“(dd) (1) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.
“(2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.
“(B) Subparagraph (A) shall not apply to—
“(i) the manufacture for, or possession by, the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or the possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);
“(ii) the possession by an employee or contractor of a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 on-site for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;
“(iii) the manufacture or possession by a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Attorney General; or
“(iv) the manufacture for, or possession by, an organization that provides firearm training and that is registered with the Attorney General, or the possession by an individual to whom such an organization is providing firearm training during and at the location of the training.”.
(b) Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Defined.—Section 921(a) of such title, as amended by section 1 of this Act, is amended by inserting after paragraph (30) the following:
“(31) The term ‘large capacity ammunition feeding device’ means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition, but does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.”.
(c) Penalties.—Section 924(a) of such title, as amended by section 2 of this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following:
“(11) (A) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(dd)(1) shall be fined not less than $50,000 and not more than $100,000, imprisoned not less than 10 years and not more than 20 years, or both.
“(B) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(dd)(2) shall be fined not less than $10,000 and not more than $25,000, imprisoned not less than 1 year and not more than 5 years, or both.”.

DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't have time to keep up with it all but definitely don't want the right to bear arms taken away. I'll always want the government to be afraid of an armed population but I fear this view is lost on most folks who seemed to welcome more government with each passing day.

Did anyone else read this bullshit: H.R.127 - Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act? I sure hope it doesnt pass because its effectively a ban on all guns and will turn millions of gun owners into criminals if they refuse to pay the $800 fee (I think it might even be annually but its been a while since I read it)

While I sympathize with the family of Sabika & what happened to her , I seriously doubt what they propose as far as in acting laws as such would have had much , if any impact on her particular situation. It’s just another lame attempt to strip away one more freedom from our constitutional second amendment rights as a people.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Just what I need

Another policy that I will need to pay for to carry my gun. I already need to carry a policy for my company because of the security aspects involved and to have the ability to carry a gun for my company. Then I need to carry my own separate insurance that covers me personally when I carry my gun.

A number of my firearms are already registered with the DOJ as assault weapons

Others are registered as my carry weapons

My prints have been filed with the feds for years for my PI/Security business and other businesses prior to this one.

My ass is so far up the feds databases that no new gun law will change much for me. There is no new information the feds could require of me that they don’t already have.

About the only real difference for me will be the additional cost any new law may cause me to incur.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
My ass is so far up the feds databases that no new gun law will change much for me. There is no new information the feds could require of me that they don’t already have.
How much of it is publicly accessible online though?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

There was an argument, if I recall correctly, that having voter ID laws is like a tax on the poor, which infringes on their right and ability to vote. In other words, people would have to pay to get the ID's and the poor couldn't afford it. But the left has no issues taxing a legal firearms owner and infringing upon their 2A right. It's the sheer hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

At the end of the day, you and I have very little power to stop it. Criminals are being let out of prison to inflict more damage to the communities they came from which are often poor, inner city communities. Police are being villanized and aggressive policing is a thing of the past which is leading to an increase in crime. Again, not so much in my community but rather the poorer communities.

My philosophy has changed quite a bit the older I get. I'm of the mind set now that things won't change until people feel the pain. Our young people are being radicalized and have no clue about the issues. They won't get it until they see the amount of deductions once they get a real job after college and "earn" a paycheck. They won't get it until they themselves become a victim of crime. They won't get it until they lose jobs to cheaper labor. They won't get it until they themselves are "cancelled." They won't get it until they see squatters and tents outside their homes and/or businesses. They won't get it until they see used needles int heir kids playgrounds. They won't get it until they have to struggle to pay for something that someone else gets for free without earning it.

Burn it to the ground, as far as I'm concerned.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can get rid of inner city gun violence in short order by strengthening the felon in possession law. Currently the federal law isn't mandatory to be used in such cases and it only carries a 5 year sentence when it's evoked. Make it mandatory and have it carry 20 and gun violence in cities will all but disappear within 5 years. Prisons will fill up but that's what they're for.

This is a great point. Unfortunately, we're softening laws, not making them tougher. Many states had 5 year mandatory firearms laws when I was working. I don't know how many still do. But these are the types of felons that should be in our prisons. Get them off the street.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There was an argument, if I recall correctly, that having voter ID laws is like a tax on the poor, which infringes on their right and ability to vote. In other words, people would have to pay to get the ID's and the poor couldn't afford it. But the left has no issues taxing a legal firearms owner and infringing upon their 2A right. It's the sheer hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

At the end of the day, you and I have very little power to stop it. Criminals are being let out of prison to inflict more damage to the communities they came from which are often poor, inner city communities. Police are being villanized and aggressive policing is a thing of the past which is leading to an increase in crime. Again, not so much in my community but rather the poorer communities.

My philosophy has changed quite a bit the older I get. I'm of the mind set now that things won't change until people feel the pain. Our young people are being radicalized and have no clue about the issues. They won't get it until they see the amount of deductions once they get a real job after college and "earn" a paycheck. They won't get it until they themselves become a victim of crime. They won't get it until they lose jobs to cheaper labor. They won't get it until they themselves are "cancelled." They won't get it until they see squatters and tents outside their homes and/or businesses. They won't get it until they see used needles int heir kids playgrounds. They won't get it until they have to struggle to pay for something that someone else gets for free without earning it.

Burn it to the ground, as far as I'm concerned.

sadly, I'm afraid thats what its going to take

speaking of deductions, I help my girlfriend keep up with her personal accounting via Quickbooks and her paycheck entry has like 19 line items, its unreal

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Many states had 5 year mandatory firearms laws when I was working. I don't know how many still do.
Each state has its own laws in that regard. I'm talking FEDERAL law. The FEDERAL statute is 5 years no parole, you must serve 85 percent of that. Make it 20 and make it mandatory to be charged federally.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Well if I cant use firearm. Then get bear spray and use it against thief or other criminals. That will bring them to hospital but it's legal.

Top Bottom