Reaction score
Gruden won’t rule out Cousins keeping job over a healthy RG3
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 15, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT

After leading Washington to victory in relief of the injured Robert Griffin III, Kirk Cousins declared, “This is Robert’s team.” But it may not be RG3’s team for long.

Coach Jay Gruden was asked today if Cousins could play well enough in the coming weeks to hold onto the starting job even after Griffin’s dislocated ankle has healed well enough for him to play. Gruden declined to give a definitive answer.

“We’ll cross that bridge when that comes. Right now we’re going to prepare with Kirk Cousins as our starter, and Robert’s going to rehab. All decisions after that will come after that,” he said.

Cousins played very well on Sunday, completing 22 of 33 passes for 250 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions. Of course, that was in a home game against Jacksonville, one of the worst teams in the league. But if Cousins plays that well again next week in Philadelphia, and he leads his team to a win on the road against the NFC East rival Eagles, the calls for Cousins to keep the job will increase. If he keeps playing well, it’s going to be hard for Gruden to send him to the bench when Griffin is ready to go.

Gruden, however, isn’t going to commit to either quarterback until he has to.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
he wanted Cousins all along, but dare not cross his owner. the injury was the excuse he needed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
What coach worth his salt wouldn't keep a QB out there, if said QB has the hot hand? Especially when the other one never gets the hot hand.

Reaction score
What coach worth his salt wouldn't overrule his owner and/or GM when it comes to who plays on Sundays? Oh wait.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What coach worth his salt wouldn't keep a QB out there, if said QB has the hot hand? Especially when the other one never gets the hot hand.

Found this nugget.

In 18 career games, Cousins has thrown 18 touchdowns to go with 18 interceptions and five fumbles. He's 0-7 as a starter going back to last season.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Some skin fans are calling for Colt McCoy.

Remember when he was everybody's, except for me, darling?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Found this nugget.

In 18 career games, Cousins has thrown 18 touchdowns to go with 18 interceptions and five fumbles. He's 0-7 as a starter going back to last season.
RG Pee would be a great improvement then, no? Just can't seem to stay healthy. And other than the flash in the pan rookie year when no one had any tape on him, been almost up to mediocre since.

And they mortgaged how much for this guy?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
RG Pee would be a great improvement then, no? Just can't seem to stay healthy. And other than the flash in the pan rookie year when no one had any tape on him, been almost up to mediocre since.

And they mortgaged how much for this guy?

Not much of an improvement. I just put that out because a certain poster on Here claimed that Cousins was the REAL DEAL. I was the one that told people that they needed to tap the brakes on Cousins. And I agree abut Robert 1.2.3.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Not much of an improvement. I just put that out because a certain poster on Here claimed that Cousins was the REAL DEAL. I was the one that told people that they needed to tap the brakes on Cousins. And I agree abut Robert 1.2.3.
There was also some talking head pundits saying that too.

I Love seeing the Washington franchise in total disarray.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I still like Cousins. He's made throws that are unbelievably good, but he's made his fair share of shitty throws too.

Maybe he'll get a shot in a decent system before he's too far gone. Idk.

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the rest of those Redskins' fans from over on ESPN, like dfbovey, skinsdad, etc.

You noticed that too. They only show up when we lose. They probably didnt show up after the loss to the FagNiners, because they are a good team.

I'd almost bet my left nut, they'll be here busting our chops :neenerneener, IF we to lose to their precious Foreskins though.

:jerkoff

Top Bottom