Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This thread title is idiotic. We should give Zeke and Dalton "credit" for doing their fucking job?

THAT'S WHAT THE GAME CHECK IS FOR!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Speaking of game checks...

What’s up with this organization’s players going all Dez Bryant on us?

Dez got paid, then played like shit

Amari Cooper got paid and ain’t done shit since

D Law got paid and dropped off the face of the planet

Jaylon Smith got paid and hasn’t done shit till this last game (against the worst offense in the league)

Zeke got paid and dropped off in production (I understand a lot of that was play calling) but his performance has still dropped off

Am I forgetting anyone else?

The only one that got paid and was living up to his paycheck was L’ael and he ended up hurt and on IR

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Am I forgetting anyone else?
ROMO.

Gets his massive contract WITHOUT A PHYSICAL and is crippled before the signing and knew he was.

People forget shit. Jerruh in love with players and doesn't do his due diligence.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ROMO.

Gets his massive contract WITHOUT A PHYSICAL and is crippled before the signing and knew he was.

People forget shit. Jerruh in love with players and doesn't do his due diligence.

i think they knew Tony's physical condition

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why the hell would you want Jemarcus Russell? He’s never been good at any point in his pro career, Dalton has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were talking about Darnold and claimed he was picked high for a reason and had a lot of talent.

Dude isnt even a 60% passer for his career and turns the ball over in droves. if the Jets are trying to trade him it's because he is a BUST.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You were talking about Darnold and claimed he was picked high for a reason and had a lot of talent.

Dude isnt even a 60% passer for his career and turns the ball over in droves. if the Jets are trying to trade him it's because he is a BUST.
I still wanna see what he can do with better coaching/talent, like say Pittsburgh. Lawrence might want to consider pulling an Elway if the Jets have the pick.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

So team and coaching has zero to do with player development. Is that what you’re saying? A player either ascends greatness all by himself or busts?

You’ve never seen a player look bad on one team and then goes to another team and excels? You’ve
Never seen that before?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So team and coaching has zero to do with player development. Is that what you’re saying? A player either ascends greatness all by himself or busts?

You’ve never seen a player look bad on one team and then goes to another team and excels? You’ve
Never seen that before?

ya im sure lots of teams want to get their hands on darnold. hes made some insane plays out of nothing for a shitty football team, and he might be getting pretty close to being damaged goods if he doesnt get away from adam gase

gase seems to be have stifled the production of so many of his best offensive players...giesicki, tannehill, landry, robby anderson, devante parker, leveon bell..... its remarkable when they get away from him, their production goes up again

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
ya im sure lots of teams want to get their hands on darnold. hes made some insane plays out of nothing for a shitty football team, and he might be getting pretty close to being damaged goods if he doesnt get away from adam gase

gase seems to be have stifled the production of so many of his best offensive players...giesicki, tannehill, landry, robby anderson, devante parker, leveon bell..... its remarkable when they get away from him, their production goes up again

That’s my point. He’s obviously talented in spite of what dbair thinks. If the Jets land the #1 pick (highly likely) then Darnold could be up for grabs. I’m not saying the Cowboys will or should go after him, all I’m saying is that it will be an option if the Jets get that #1 pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Never seen that before?

Sure it happens, but he has not been any good with NYJ and they picked him high. Giving up on a highly drafted QB that early is usually a huge red flag.

He is not better than Dak Prescott and isnt even remotely close to be honest.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

They've been running stories since Sunday saying nobody would give the Jets a 1st rd pick for the guy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That’s my point. He’s obviously talented in spite of what dbair thinks. If the Jets land the #1 pick (highly likely) then Darnold could be up for grabs. I’m not saying the Cowboys will or should go after him, all I’m saying is that it will be an option if the Jets get that #1 pick.

Well that would be contrary to the reports so far, there have been multiple saying nobody would give them a 1st.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Sure it happens, but he has not been any good with NYJ and they picked him high. Giving up on a highly drafted QB that early is usually a huge red flag.

He is not better than Dak Prescott and isnt even remotely close to be honest.

For most cases I agree that it’s never a good sign for a team to give up on a QB so fast however this team is likely going to go through an entire overhaul on the coaching staff. That is the reason there is speculation that they would pick Lawrence. New coach would want his own guy.

I personally don’t think it’s too late for Darnold considering this is only his second year however he needs to get out from under Gase’s coaching soon or they will ruin him.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Well that would be contrary to the reports so far, there have been multiple saying nobody would give them a 1st.

I meant if they landed the #1 pick in the draft based on their play. That would make Darnold expendable. I’d give a 2nd round pick for Darnold.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I can easily envision him having a Tannehill-like turnaround. Gotta stay on the field, though. Strange that he was healthy enough to return to the Broncos game after an injury but then missed the next two weeks.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We need help on defense and the oline, but yeah let's the pick on another QB.

Like I said, I’m not saying this is what the a Cowboys would or should do I’m just saying that it’s could be an option.

Realistically this is all going to come down to how Dak heals. Even though it was a horrific injury other players have come back from the same/similar injury. Gordon Hayward for the Celtics being one of them.

What will be interesting to see though is what will the Jones’ do if Dalton plays extremely well. If he does do they just pay him and let Dak walk? Again this is not what I think the should do, it’s just something I could see Jerry doing.

Top Bottom