Reaction score
I don't get the goodell hate. This concussion shit is devastating.

And I reject the notion people watch the game for the violence. In fact, knowing what we know now, I'd say most people cringe when we see big head hits

What's exciting about the game is the speed. Seeing someone run for their life in the open field Is unparalleled in sports. So I think people want to see some ratio of A.) players not holding up and 2.) players remaining healthy

The answer is obviously big dumb super metroid helmets

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't get the goodell hate. This concussion shit is devastating.

And I reject the notion people watch the game for the violence. In fact, knowing what we know now, I'd say most people cringe when we see big head hits

What's exciting about the game is the speed. Seeing someone run for their life in the open field Is unparalleled in sports. So I think people want to see some ratio of A.) players not holding up and 2.) players remaining healthy

The answer is obviously big dumb super metroid helmets

He's made it where defensive players are afraid to hit anyone because the refs call a personal foul on every major hit, regardless if it was clean or not. He's turned things into a big joke.

Edit: Unless it's against Romo.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Goodell is awful, not sure how anyone can really argue different. The game gets worse every year because of him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
MAKE FIELD BIGGER

INCREASE SCORING

CUT DOWN ON VIOLENT COLLISIONS

WEAR LESS PADS

Have teams all over the world. Play SB in London.

Turn game into glorified flag football. Continue with biased rulings against certain players or franchises. Allow mass corruption to run rampant with league game officials.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Have teams all over the world. Play SB in London.

Turn game into glorified flag football. Continue with biased rulings against certain players or franchises. Allow mass corruption to run rampant with league game officials.

I think I know at least one of the franchises you're talking about.

And the Ravens shouldn't even be in the Super Bowl. Had the refs called that Anquan Boldin catch against Denver incomplete, which is clearly was as the ball hit the ground, then they lose the game. Ray Lewis plays for Baltimore, so they gave them the call.

You watch. They'll get every call they need at exactly the time they need it this Sunday.

Last edited:

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Boldin thing was pretty clearly a catch. I don't even think you'll find Denver fans complaining about that.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Goodell is awful, not sure how anyone can really argue different. The game gets worse every year because of him.

That's because you apparently still don't understand that he is a representative of the owners.

All those rule changes; voted into effect by the competition committee. Here's their names.

Rich McKay
Stephen Jones
Jeff Fisher
Marvin Lewis
John Mara
Ozzie Newsome
Rick Smith
Ken Whisenhunt

Oh, and Goodell's job.......approved by the owners. Unanimously, in fact.

NFL clubs unanimously approved a resolution at a December 14 league meeting in Dallas that said, "The commissioner has performed his duties in an exemplary fashion since his election in 2006 and the membership has determined that the interests of the NFL would be best served by a continuation of the commissioner's employment beyond the terms of his current employment contract."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-extend-goodells-contract-through-2018-season

I'm not sure how anyone still doesn't get this aspect of it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's because you apparently still don't understand that he is a representative of the owners.

All those rule changes; voted into effect by the competition committee. Here's their names.

Rich McKay
Stephen Jones
Jeff Fisher
Marvin Lewis
John Mara
Ozzie Newsome
Rick Smith
Ken Whisenhunt

Oh, and Goodell's job.......approved by the owners. Unanimously, in fact.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-extend-goodells-contract-through-2018-season

I'm not sure how anyone still doesn't get this aspect of it.

I understand all of it just fine, still doesnt change the fact that he is a moronic dumb sack of shit who's been hurting the game.

Reaction score
What would you do differently?

And keep in mind theyre facing a lawsuit claiming they dgaf about players safety . The first real problem the nfl has faced in ever

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What would you do differently?

And keep in mind theyre facing a lawsuit claiming they dgaf about players safety . The first real problem the nfl has faced in ever

I honestly think the lawsuit is b/s. It sux that some of them may have been harmed longterm by constant head collisions/contact, but you can be a damn neanderthal and still figure out that there is risk of injury when playing this sport. There was no surprise here. Players know this.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
At the end of their careers do boxers get to sue the WBC with claims they didn't know they would get hit in the head so much?

Reaction score
At the end of their careers do boxers get to sue the WBC with claims they didn't know they would get hit in the head so much?

I honestly think the lawsuit is b/s. It sux that some of them may have been harmed longterm by constant head collisions/contact, but you can be a damn neanderthal and still figure out that there is risk of injury when playing this sport. There was no surprise here. Players know this.

Their claim is that they knowingly sent players back Into games moments after being knocked clean out. Suffering irreparable long-term damage.

Most people would trade long-term health down the road for a couple million now. But in a lot of cases they didn't know what they were getting into and aren't functioning properly at a relatively young age. They feel the choice wasnt theirs to make.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Their claim is that they knowingly sent players back Into games moments after being knocked clean out. Suffering irreparable long-term damage.

Most people would trade long-term health down the road for a couple million now. But in a lot of cases they didn't know what they were getting into and aren't functioning properly at a relatively young age. They feel the choice wasnt theirs to make.

Still think its all part of the risk of playing. They are extremely well compensated for taking that risk, and they kow injuries are possible.

Top Bottom