Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Anybody know any good hotels? How about parking? Is the roof going to be open? What are the road conditions like in Arlington? Should I eat Tex Mex, or authentic mexican food? What else is there to do? Should I go to Dallas, or Fort Worth? Should I wear my blue jersey, or my white one? Should I wear jeans? How much are the tours? Hey local, what's a good hotel (even though you live there)? What's the speed limit? Should I tailgate? When do the lots open? What's Google?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Whose numbers are on the jerseys you have?

Oh and, pictures or it never happened. I expect a full report.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hey it ain't funny. You're the official DCU correspondent. You have a responsibility to report from the game.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Below is a copy of a post I made here (working links are in the original post but didn't transfer here)---> What to see and do in Dallas? | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com

Start by staying at one of the coolest restored old hotels in Dallas called the Belmont Hotel and you'll be right off of Interstate 30 which can take you toward downtown Dallas or out to Arlington in minutes.

Best of all you'll be near some of the best food in Dallas in Oak Cliff:

Lucias is booked months in advance, but if you get there early (they open at 5:30), you might get one of the 4 seats available first come first serve at the bar. There are also some small tables outside & I think they are first come first serve as well and don't need reservations.

Next door to Lucia's is a great chocolate maker called Dude, Sweet Chocolates, they have lots of unique chocolates and tons of free samples.

If you can't get into Lucias, 100 feet down the road is Veracruz for great mexican and margaritas or Boulevardier for french.

If you like some great farm to market food prepared by some great chefs, drive a quarter mile west and eat at Bolsa] or you could go 2 doors down and get a great sandwich, pastries or housemade sausages (by me) at Bolsa Mercado.

Like fish? Go next door to Bolsa Mercado & eat at Driftwood

If for some reason, all these places are too busy, go another mile down the road and eat some really tasty food at Nova Gastropub.

The restored Kessler Theater It's a really cool old theater thats been restored and I hear its a great venue for concerts, you can check their website to see who's playing.

Up for a movie? See what's showing at the restored Texas Theater (this is where Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested).

and when you get back to your hotel, you can cap the night off with a drink at the Belmont Bar and enjoy this view:

barbelmont.jpg

belbar.jpg

If you want to drink a few too many, you can easily walk to the Foundry from Belmont Hotel

To add to the myriad of food options, the acclaimed Smoke restaurant is adjacent to the Belmont hotel.

You can read about all the above at the following Dallas food & entertainment blogs online:

cravedfw | Food, Arts, Music and Events in Dallas and Fort Worth, Dallas Food Blog

Eater Dallas

I forgot to recommend one more Oak Cliff eatery. If you or your gal like pastries, you gotta check out Rush Patisserie The owner is a former CPA who quit and went to study at The Cordon Bleu culinary school in France. Came back, apprenticed in Vegas and now resides in this little hole in a wall of a place in Oak Cliff.

If you plug in the hotel and various recommendations I made into google maps, you'll see how close everything is to each other.

You're also be very close to the new Calatrava Bridge

~Enjoy!~

Attachments

Reaction score
I prefer Fort Worth over Dallas...

Roads are and will be fine this weekend. The worst of the ice is north and west of the Metroplex. It's just rain here.

Reaction score
I'd been to Texas Stadium a few times but not this monstrosity art museum/mall where they also play football sometimes.

So I can't give advice. But bring a sharpie and write our URL all over the stadium walls.

Reaction score
How about parking? Is the roof going to be open? Should I wear my blue jersey, or my white one? Should I wear jeans? Should I tailgate? When do the lots open? What's Google?

Park farther away and walk, much cheaper. Closed, its going to be freezing. White Jersey, Detriot is wearing their darks. Wear Jeans and extra socks. Tailgate if you can find someone to steal food from. ill try to get there 3 hours before. Google is what i use to find bukkaki videos.

Top Bottom