Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Who'da thunk it? Since June, Jason Garrett has risen steadily upward to a solid #1 in one of the most important things he could accomplish as Dallas Cowboys Head Coach.

Vegas odds on which NFL coach will get fired first!

In June he was #7, and today he is #1 by far, on the betting line.

In June he was +3300, today he is only +350!

Dammit there's HOPE people!

Current Odds

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
let richard get his feet wet and figure out if you want to keep him

otherwise theres plenty of candidates in the off season .. riley, shaw, one of the new hot OC's that seem to pop up

can kliff kingsbury coach for real ??

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Richard is just another pretty face compared to Garrett. When Garrett goes, I want a real coaching search to bring in a quality football mind and leader. He was also let go by the guy who gave him his first shot at coaching, Pete Carroll. Why? I'm not sold.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Richard is just another pretty face compared to Garrett. When Garrett goes, I want a real coaching search to bring in a quality football mind and leader. He was also let go by the guy who gave him his first shot at coaching, Pete Carroll. Why? I'm not sold.

This is why I wouldn't bat an eye (although will probably hoist several shots of Crown) if Jerry had the sack to hand Garrett a couple of milk cartons and tell him to GTFO.
Give Richard the reins the rest of the year, see how he and the team respond.
I like what I've seen from Richard, and I'd like to see what he does when he's sitting in the big chair. Don't see how we'd be any worse off than we would be whacking Garrett after the season.
Of course, we can all see the fault in this.
Jerry don't got the cajones, or willingly admit he was wrong

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

I'm not sold either, was merely making a prediction of Jerry-think.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score

appears to be VERY inexperienced as well, I like intensity but you need MUCH more than that to compete at a high level

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is why I wouldn't bat an eye (although will probably hoist several shots of Crown) if Jerry had the sack to hand Garrett a couple of milk cartons and tell him to GTFO.
Give Richard the reins the rest of the year, see how he and the team respond.
I like what I've seen from Richard, and I'd like to see what he does when he's sitting in the big chair. Don't see how we'd be any worse off than we would be whacking Garrett after the season.
Of course, we can all see the fault in this.
Jerry don't got the cajones, or willingly admit he was wrong

The problem with giving Richard the reigns the remainder of the year is that we'd be repeating the same mistake we made before. We did the same thing for Garrett and that little audition was fools gold. Quite frankly, if Garrett gets shit canned, there's no place to go but up. I'd expect the team to improve in some areas. That tells us very little about the interim HC.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
appears to be VERY inexperienced as well, I like intensity but you need MUCH more than that to compete at a high level

Completely agree Yimmy. I want a couple of things. First, an innovator on either side of the ball. Second, we need someone who knows the type of player that fits into his system and can identify the right talent to build his team. Third, he had to have some success with developing players on either side of the ball, but especially at QB. If he's a defensive coach, then he absolutely has to have a list of names of quality coaches that can com e in and teach the QB position.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We need to wait until this season is over to fire Garrett for several reasons. The first is because Jerry doesn't know what an interim coach means. The second reason is the Cowboys may get a top 5 pick. The final reason is the most important. The last thing this team needs is to be energized by a mid season coaching change and go 7-9 to 8-8.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We need to wait until this season is over to fire Garrett for several reasons. The first is because Jerry doesn't know what an interim coach means. The second reason is the Cowboys may get a top 5 pick. The final reason is the most important. The last thing this team needs is to be energized by a mid season coaching change and go 7-9 to 8-8.

i want to rip the band aid off but that is a very good point

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The problem with giving Richard the reigns the remainder of the year is that we'd be repeating the same mistake we made before. We did the same thing for Garrett and that little audition was fools gold. Quite frankly, if Garrett gets shit canned, there's no place to go but up. I'd expect the team to improve in some areas. That tells us very little about the interim HC.

Well if they fire Garrett during the season, someone has to take over as interim HC.

Marinelli and Linehan both have HC experience, so maybe the move that would be easiest would be to make Marinelli the HC/overseer and let Richard take 100% control of the defense.

On the other hand if they fire Garrett they might want to see how Richards handles the job, so I could see either scenario.

Garrett and Linehan both 100% deserve to be fired before seasons end though. If we lose the next two weeks, both should be run off for the bye week.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Good point. An interim coach would be working with the current staff as well, so there's that.
I want Garrett gone soonest, but I don't want Garret 2.0.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good point. An interim coach would be working with the current staff as well, so there's that.
I want Garrett gone soonest, but I don't want Garret 2.0.

Unfortunately for us, our fucktard owner just publicly double downed again on Garrett

Top Bottom