NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
It's really weird. I think it's a combination of 1) they all loved and backed him before he got the job, and they refuse to be admit that they could be wrong, and 2) he's been here so long we've forgotten what it was like before him. He's been here ten freaking years now. He's a fixture that everyone knows won't change, like Jerry himself, so people just accept him as a given.

Fitting since that's the only reason he got the job and is still here. He's practically a Jones family member.

As far as Jerry himself, I don't think Jerry even believes he's a great coach. But he's someone Jerry is comfortable with, and Jerry doesn't want to go back to the Jimmy or Parcells days. Jerry believes players make the difference anyway and he simply doesn't respect the position of head coach.

I think you're right.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Garrett is a nutless fuck who plays to not lose when it matters most.
Every fucking time.
Our mindset in our last possession was "don't do anything stupid" instead of "suck on this this, Green Bay, this what got us here".

Reaction score
Garrett is a nutless fuck who plays to not lose when it matters most.
Every fucking time.
Our mindset in our last possession was "don't do anything stupid" instead of "suck on this this, Green Bay, this what got us here".
This is what I was thinking to myself before Jub started his Garrett rant this morning on the Ticket. He has no killer instinct. He was perfectly content to spike the ball on 1st down, get into FG range on 2nd down and get out of bounds, then see if they could pick up a 1st on 3rd down. Anyone with a killer instinct in that situation would go for the throat.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is what I was thinking to myself before Jub started his Garrett rant this morning on the Ticket. He has no killer instinct. He was perfectly content to spike the ball on 1st down, get into FG range on 2nd down and get out of bounds, then see if they could pick up a 1st on 3rd down. Anyone with a killer instinct in that situation would go for the throat.

And to think he spent the offseasons picking the minds of Saban, Belicek, Johnson, and Coach K... and came away with NO killer instinct. How is that possible?

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW is there is a person on this board that doesnt think for example if Jim Harbaugh was coach, not only do they win the game, but GBs defense wears out mid 3rd quarter, and from that point on the are begging for mercy against the run.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And to think he spent the offseasons picking the minds of Saban, Belicek, Johnson, and Coach K... and came away with NO killer instinct. How is that possible?

Same way I could go take notes from Usain Bolt or Stephen Hawking and still not be fast or brilliant.

Can't just copy things that aren't in your DNA.

Reaction score
What Garrett rant?
It was billed as a rant, but it was more like a "meh"-fest. No one on the show thought Garrett was great, but no one thought he was awful. Then fake Garrett came on and told Jub he was gonna kick his ass.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Same way I could go take notes from Usain Bolt or Stephen Hawking and still not be fast or brilliant.

Can't just copy things that aren't in your DNA.

Exactly. But he can parrot the coachspeak and go find the "17 inches" illustrations. Or go steal a mannequin from JC Penney and put a nameless jersey on it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That penalty on Butler was Bush league and that PI that set Green Bay up for that go ahead field goal before we tied it up was also bullshit. Even given all that, we stil could have sent that game into over time until Garrett called a ball spike and then two pass plays that only burn 14 seconds off the clock before we kicked that field goal to tie it up. Run the ball there and run the clock to 6 secs and call that time out instead of that last pass we go to OT with a decent shot of holding them to 3. But no.... sigh

The refs tipped their hand with that, and pretty much signaled how they would officiate the game.

You can overcome the refs sometimes.

You can overcome Garrett's stupidity and incompetence sometimes.

But it's a tall order, especially for a rookie, to overcome BOTH the refs and Garrett's stupidity and incompetence all in the same game. Add to that... going up against an Aaron Rodger's-led Packers... it was a perfect storm, and a testament to this team of how they played and still almost won. I guess you can find a moral victory in that.

Top Bottom