bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
cowboys%20jets%205.jpg

by Mac Engel

No one will be fired today, of course, and some of the excuses are valid. But Jason Garrett and his team are losers.

Everyone with the Dallas Cowboys is so wealthy and comfortable that they fear nothing, not even losing a game to the 0-4 New York Jets.

Winning is the goal, but it’s gravy.

The Cowboys, the team that was at least better than the worst of the NFL, can no longer even say that.

On Jerry Jones’ 77th birthday, his team took his cake and threw it on the ground with one of the worst, least inspiring halves of football of the Jason Garrett era.

After watching the Jets defeat the Cowboys 24-22 on Sunday in New Jersey, Jerry would be more than justified in firing Jason Garrett. And everyone else in his organization.

You don’t have enough fingers and toes to point at the guilty parties for this stinker. They all stink. Even Rowdy is a loser.

The same Dallas Cowboys that were 3-0 are now 3-3. Because of course they are.

A team that looked so complete and proficient during a 3-0 start can’t beat the Jets.

When I asked Garrett if his team was still confident, he said, “I sure hope so.”

It’s as if Knute Rockne never left us.

Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith said his team was “frustrated.”

I asked him if they were pissed.

Smith said a four-letter word to describe something typically found in the bottom of a toilet, which is a far more appropriate description of how this team played Sunday, and how they feel.

Whatever the Cowboys’ “reasons” for their latest tour de toilet, there is no plausible or reasonable explanation for why a team that considers itself one of the better teams in the NFL can lose to the New York Jets.

The Cowboys played without both starting offensive tackles, which is a considerable loss and a strain on any quarterback or offense.

The offense lost star receiver Amari Cooper to a quad injury early in the game. And then they lost defensive end Dorance Armstrong in the first half as well.

Add it all up and — if you lose to the Jets at all — you’re not at the high end of the NFL. You’re just another team.

When the season ends, the vast majority of the 2019 New York Jets’ season-in-review video will be plays and highlights from their win over the Cowboys. Up until Sunday, they had none.

The Cowboys made the Jets and quarterback Sam Darnold look like a version of themselves we have never seen before. These Jets looked like the Cowboys during Weeks 1, 2, and 3.

Has anyone seen defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence? Because opposing quarterbacks have not.

Is linebacker Leighton Vander Esch no longer permitted to make tackles near, or across, the line of scrimmage?

The Jets led 21-3 late in the first half before the Cowboys rallied to avoid total humiliation. Instead, the Cowboys settled for straight embarrassment.

Darnold, who had not played since Week 1 after he was diagnosed with mono, cut up and trashed the Cowboys defense like he was Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. He passed for 338 yards with two touchdowns, including a 92-yarder in the first half that was a gorgeous pass, and terrible coverage.

The killer is the Cowboys moved the ball and even outgained the Jets.

Speaking of worthless stats that mean nothing now, the Cowboys converted 10 of 17 third downs and won the time of possession battle.

Running back Zeke Elliott rushed for more than 100 yards, and the defense held Jets running back Le’Veon Bell to just 50 yards.

The offense stalled in the red zone too often. Despite making a 62-yard field goal, Brett Maher needed to make all four of his attempts. He missed one.

The Cowboys did what they always do, which is make it interesting.

They could not tie the game on a two-point conversion attempt with 47 seconds remaining, even though a Jets defender clearly interfered with tight end Jason Witten.

“It’s a bang-bang play,” Witten said. “I don’t know if you are going to get that call in that situation. ... Most of the time in those critical situations like that, a quick 4-yard hook route, they let those situations play out.”

The Cowboys did not deserve to win the game, and they are right where they should be at 3-3.

No one is going to get fired over it, so don’t lose any sleep over the result.

The Cowboys aren’t.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Btw internet report that Gase is open to trading Leonard William's. What say you if the price is right?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
We have met the enemy, and they are us.
As long as Jerry's happy with his bottom line, and thinks Garrett is the next incarnation of Tom Landry, this will never change.
Garrett's exactly the kind of mealy mouth prick that grabs the glory, but never takes the rap when things go tits up. Things have gone tits up.
From the stuff I'm reading, the team is not with Garrett. I think he may still have supporters, maybe a few on the roster, mostly in Johnny Walker GM's little circle.
Personally, I'd rather go 0-10 with a new coach(interim?) than watch the vanilla coward half ass the team so he can stay safe.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
these day after press conferences with JG are getting more and more difficult to listen too.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We have met the enemy, and they are us.
As long as Jerry's happy with his bottom line, and thinks Garrett is the next incarnation of Tom Landry, this will never change.
Garrett's exactly the kind of mealy mouth prick that grabs the glory, but never takes the rap when things go tits up. Things have gone tits up.
From the stuff I'm reading, the team is not with Garrett. I think he may still have supporters, maybe a few on the roster, mostly in Johnny Walker GM's little circle.
Personally, I'd rather go 0-10 with a new coach(interim?) than watch the vanilla coward half ass the team so he can stay safe.

Don't be a fool Six.....Jerry doesn't think Garrett is the next Landry. Not by a long shot. Jerry knows that Garrett is nothing more than a tea boy which is the way Jerry likes it. He's comfortable and the bank account is fat. Don't buy all the BS. This is exactly the way Jerry wants it. He's just hoping that the team gets lucky and throws a bone to the fans every once in a while and we go to the SB. But it's OK that we haven't....just so long as the money keeps rolling in.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Don't be a fool Six.....Jerry doesn't think Garrett is the next Landry. Not by a long shot. Jerry knows that Garrett is nothing more than a tea boy which is the way Jerry likes it. He's comfortable and the bank account is fat. Don't buy all the BS. This is exactly the way Jerry wants it. He's just hoping that the team gets lucky and throws a bone to the fans every once in a while and we go to the SB. But it's OK that we haven't....just so long as the money keeps rolling in.
Dude, you know I have my tongue in my cheek most of the time. We've been posting together awhile now.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, you know I have my tongue in my cheek most of the time. We've been posting together awhile now.

Yes we have Six. My comment was rhetorical and not meant as a slight. Just trying to keep the dialogue going in a down week knowing we are still being held hostage by this madman and his spawn.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

You know, just to add that there was a time when I'd have a few buddies over for a Sunday or Monday night Dallas game and throw some steaks on the grill and have a few beers. Even when we were "rebuilding" I knew not to expect much but I'd always thought that things would change sooner or later so I continued to watch and hope for the best. Now I know things won't change because our goals for the team (SB's) and Jerry's goals (money) are far different.

I can't get excited about Monday night and don't even want to watch it with company because I'm really not interested in talking about the game. I find myself too easily distracted and not really giving a shit......

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
You know, just to add that there was a time when I'd have a few buddies over for a Sunday or Monday night Dallas game and throw some steaks on the grill and have a few beers. Even when we were "rebuilding" I knew not to expect much but I'd always thought that things would change sooner or later so I continued to watch and hope for the best. Now I know things won't change because our goals for the team (SB's) and Jerry's goals (money) are far different.

I can't get excited about Monday night and don't even want to watch it with company because I'm really not interested in talking about the game. I find myself too easily distracted and not really giving a shit......

I get that. I usually have my tablet close to hand so I may surf the internet when a game turns to a flag fest and/or official reviews film fest.
I do have one buddy, a Niners fan, and as you might guess, we have a lot to discuss. But he works odd hours, so usually just me and the wife.
I can't imagine that happening 10 years ago.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
i hope the guys that were hosting the show had the balls to push back on that statement, but I doubt it. By listening and reading stuff out of the Dallas market, they are all pretty soft. Everybody involved with the team should consider themselves lucky that they dont have to face the media that is found in NY, Philly, Boston.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
This is like when he said that stiff QB, can't remember who, threw the prettiest ball you ever saw. I envy Jets fans even with the disaster that has been for decades. They have a REAL franchise QB and an owner that doesn't love the sound of his own voice and prune face.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Btw old red would be highly sought after? I didn't know there was that much demand for fluffers in the NFL. I see no other ability.

BriefAndToThePoint

Cheerleader
Reaction score
i see one of two scenarios playing out. we buck up , and win enough games to get a playoff spot becuase the NFCE is horrible. and then get beat 50-6 by.....whatever other team is playing opposite of them.

or , they tank.

let’s hope they tank.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
these day after press conferences with JG are getting more and more difficult to listen too.
Shit you don't even have to watch any of the current ones just go back in the archives from any of his 9yrs
Hell before the game has even been played you can know what his presser is going to be so no need to waste any time watching anything current

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
i see one of two scenarios playing out. we buck up , and win enough games to get a playoff spot becuase the NFCE is horrible. and then get beat 50-6 by.....whatever other team is playing opposite of them.

or , they tank.

let’s hope they tank.
Welcome, new person.

Top Bottom