Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's all obvious stuff we all know and have already pointed out here. No stunning revelations.

1. They couldn't stop Davante Adams:
2. Jason Garrett poorly managed the clock at the end of the first half:
3. Dan Bailey's missed field goal
4. The DeMarco Murray fumble:
5. Dez Bryant had an otherwise quiet game:​

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bailey didnt miss the FG, it was deflected by Datone Jones

I also dont agree they mismanaged the clock. Every coach/team calls a TO in that situation.

Now if someone wants to say they should have just lined up and ran on 3rd and 1, or even went for it on 4th and 1 I would agree with that. But I definitely dont agree the clock was "mismanaged"

Reaction score
Mismanaging the clock also includes giving the other team too much time to go down the field and score -- at least IMO.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mismanaging the clock also includes giving the other team too much time to go down the field and score -- at least IMO.

Yeah but they called TO because the refs said it was a first down and didn't bother measuring. Every team in the league does the same thing with timeouts there.

Reaction score
I'm not talking about that timeout... I'm talking about throwing the ball on 3rd down and not running it down further/making them use a TO.

Reaction score
Dwight Clark's "The Catch"
Drew Pearson's "Hail Mary"
Alvin Harper's slant.
Franco Harris's "Immaculate Reception"

Through its own negligence, the NFL robbed from everyone another of these moments.

Everyone has known, including the NFL, that the Calvin Johnson rule is problematic. By not addressing this known problem, the NFL prevented a truly great 4th down throw and catch. The Romo to Dez play should have made the list of most memorable clutch plays in NFL playoff history.

Instead the play illustrates what's wrong with the league.

Yes, it is absolutely true that the Cowboys could have and perhaps should have won the game despite this particular call. But it is also true that the NFL should have addressed the Calvin Johnson rule years ago. When you let known problems fester, it's on you.

http://www.jrn.com/wtmj/wi-sports/The-NFLs-Convoluted-Rules-288279361.html

Top Bottom