Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
So satisfied with today's win, especially the way #9 is playing. Most of us have always appreciated his brilliance, but it's nice to see on the big stage. Playing with probably the most complete Cowboy team I've seen since the 90s.

I am so confident in the clutch times of games that the offense will find a way to keep drives alive, no matter the situation. It's been since probably 2009 that I've had that kind of confidence watching the offense.

The defense, I made the comment in the game thread, I trust them. I trust them to get the ball back to the offense with short fields on e or twice a game. I know the unit is made up of mostly mediocre players, but they play hard together and it's been a while since we've seen that.

I hope everyone(even those fags at CZ and the own) is getting the maximum amount of enjoyment out of this 2014 season. The season could end at any point, but it's been a really fun year for the most part. Can't wait for next Sunday.

Still don't care for the head coach. Probably the only positive thing I'll say about him is, he's been consistent, I know we give him shit for being mr clappy hands, but maybe that calming influence is helping this team keep it's mind on the prize.

Reaction score
Im so happy for Romo.

He played like shit most of the game. Not statistically, but had happy feet and held the ball too long sometimes. But he came through when it mattered.

Took a hell of a beating too.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Im so happy for Romo.

He played like shit most of the game. Not statistically, but had happy feet and held the ball too long sometimes. But he came through when it mattered.

Taking most of the sacks he did was a wise decision IMO. He could have done something really dumb like offer up a pick trying to make something happen.

It looks like he has learned that discretion is the better part of valor.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He also said in his presser he threw low a few times because the receiver wasn't as open as he thought. Still only 8 interceptions this season, which is pretty good

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He also said in his presser he threw low a few times because the receiver wasn't as open as he thought. Still only 8 interceptions this season, which is pretty good
He said during the offseason he would be better than ever and he's been as good as his word.

Reaction score
Romo definitely wasn't perfect. He held the ball too long and tried to make things happen in bad situations but that's also what he does to give us highlight reel plays so I don't really care. I love that he's finally being called a great QB and garnering so much MVP attention. He was never the problem in Dallas.

Not feeling too optimistic about GB. Norm just went through a bunch of stats that essentially mean lambeau is a death trap for visiting teams. What's hilarious is that autistic Eli Manning has gone in there TWICE and won in the playoffs. Those Giant teams had a strong d line that could pressure Favre/Rodgers though. Even a hobbled Rodgers will eat us alive if we give him lots of time. Hopefully Linehan and Marinelli put something great together.

Linehan is already getting HC interview offers by the way. If Ginger takes over the offense again, then this happy season will surely be your last good memory for another 5 seasons or so.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
^^ Yep. I've been very bullish on this team since the second Philly game. Wasn't sure about Washington because I didn't know if we'd rest people or not, but other than then I've been extremely confident about our winning the last several weeks including yesterday. But next week, not at all. I think the train may come to a stop there. Not saying we'll lose just saying it's a toss-up.

Of course, the way we've been going, Rodgers will probably pop his calf for good in the first quarter. LOL

And I've said all along that it's very likely this year is like 2009 and next year is like 2010. Next year we won't be underdogs, won't be doubted, won't have a lot of players (and coaches) in contract years, won't have Jerry actually downplaying expectations, and probably won't go a whole year with Dez, Witten, Tyron, Murray, and of course Tony missing a mere one game among them due to injury.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
The holding the ball too long gripe is one I do not agree with. Far too many times we have seen Tony try to force something to happen, and give the ball away. I'm glad he has dialed that down a little bit. I mean, he still pimps out at times and that's okay, but I had rather him take the sack or throw the ball away than throw an INT.

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys have a great chance against GB. Romo said, Detroit was the best defense they have faced this season by far, i guess that includes Seattle. If thats the case, it should be easier sledding in the playoffs.

The best part for me, i had an annoying Detroit lion fan behind me, talking shit about Romo the whole game. Calling him a choker, ect. He shut the fuck up after Tonys TD throw.

The entire Cowboys fan base is hungry for this. Its been too long and i think most of us appreciate a team we can believe in.

Reaction score
I'll say this cautiously, but I'm starting to feel better about the match up against the Packers than I did about the Lions.

The Cowboys offense has a better chance of executing well and controlling the game vs. the Packers (as opposed to the Lions). Obviously Rodgers presents a tougher match up for the Dallas defense, but if the Dallas offense is executing well, they can limit the Packers opportunities.

By the way, for those of you who haven't heard Romo's postgame comments, I recommend that you visit Dallas Cowboys | Official Site of the Dallas Cowboys and listen to it. Romo was surprisingly candid about his approach to the Detroit game. Particularly interesting was Romo's comments about the Cowboys playoff loss to the Farve-led Vikings and how Romo wanted to prevent the same thing from happening vs. the Lions yesterday.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Im so happy for Romo.

He's got that wife of his to take care of that.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Didn't think it was possible, but I listened/watched two pieces last night that had me coming away with an even greater respect for how good Romo really is.

If you guys get a chance, listen to Scott Linehan's comments on Romo. He made a comment about how smart Romo is. Something like, he'll call a play, then he'll tell a lineman that he was going to throw that route earlier in the game, but his man could have gotten a hand on it, but he might go there this time, so make sure he jumps on his guy to get his hands down, some shit like that.

There is so much that goes into playing that position, it's no wonder there are only 10ish guys on the planet at this moment that can do it at a high level.

the other was Romo's post game PC. Basically saying he threw quite a few balls low purposely. Most of us look at those throws and think "shit, he's really off today" or "damn, maybe those hits have him shaken".

Really interesting to to hear him talk about 09 and explain that looking back, instead of trying to get it all back right now, you can let the game come to you and pick your spots, it really just speaks to how much more he understands the game now.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What also feels weird is watching that creepy looking Spaulding kid front and center of Garrett's post-game lockerroom speech.

And what's up with Rich Darlymple being on the sidelines so much? He was there during the middle of the Redskin's game too sitting on the bench, yukking it up with players.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The holding the ball too long gripe is one I do not agree with. Far too many times we have seen Tony try to force something to happen, and give the ball away. I'm glad he has dialed that down a little bit. I mean, he still pimps out at times and that's okay, but I had rather him take the sack or throw the ball away than throw an INT.

He's allowed to throw the ball away too ya know.

cockstrong

UDFA
Reaction score
Didn't think it was possible, but I listened/watched two pieces last night that had me coming away with an even greater respect for how good Romo really is.

If you guys get a chance, listen to Scott Linehan's comments on Romo. He made a comment about how smart Romo is. Something like, he'll call a play, then he'll tell a lineman that he was going to throw that route earlier in the game, but his man could have gotten a hand on it, but he might go there this time, so make sure he jumps on his guy to get his hands down, some shit like that.

There is so much that goes into playing that position, it's no wonder there are only 10ish guys on the planet at this moment that can do it at a high level.

the other was Romo's post game PC. Basically saying he threw quite a few balls low purposely. Most of us look at those throws and think "shit, he's really off today" or "damn, maybe those hits have him shaken".

Really interesting to to hear him talk about 09 and explain that looking back, instead of trying to get it all back right now, you can let the game come to you and pick your spots, it really just speaks to how much more he understands the game now.

I was blown away by the Romo press conference as well. Saying he threw the balls low on purpose because they were such tight windows. He said he could of completed them but it wasn't worth the risk of a turnover at that point.

Interesting stuff

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Didn't think it was possible, but I listened/watched two pieces last night that had me coming away with an even greater respect for how like, he'll call a play, then he'll tell a lineman that he was going to throw that route earlier in the game, but his man could have gotten a hand on it, but he might go there this time, so make sure he jumps on his guy to get his hands down, some shit like that.

He seems to be using this like chucking the ball out of bounds but within the pocket. He doesn't want to talk about it because if it is to obvious and openingly talks about it he will get flagged for it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The pass that was way behind Williams though, that was no throwaway. Very wide window to throw in, and he seemed to be angry with himself over the miss.

It's a trap, Tony - get in the habit of poor targeting at whim, and it comes back on its own when you don't want it to. Let's not get this cute.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure if I buy it 100% because most of those weird-looking short passes were early in the game, and he got better as the game went on. I actually wondered if he wasn't hurt a little bit early in the game and he improved as it wore off.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure if I buy it 100% because most of those weird-looking short passes were early in the game, and he got better as the game went on. I actually wondered if he wasn't hurt a little bit early in the game and he improved as it wore off.
I don't doubt his word that he was intentionally at times throwing inaccurately. Just not every time we saw a errant ball and yes, especially early.

But muscle memory is a funny thing and not something to trifle with. Get in that habit of targeting the deck and you WILL find yourself targeting the deck when you don't want to.

Top Bottom