LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
One thing for sure, Reid was the better HC over Parcells during Parcells tenure here.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather we traded up for Patrick Peterson than to go after Aso.

Sooooo you'd rather have Patrick Peterson than...

Tyron Smith (1st round pick we would have had to trade to move up)
Bruce Carter (2nd round pick we would have had to trade to move up)
David Arkin (4th round pick we would have had to trade to move up)
Nnamdi Asomugha (hypothetical Free Agent signing)

and Arizona supposedly turned down Detroit's offer of a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move up and get Peterson so we might have had to give up even more.

Reaction score

and Arizona supposedly turned down Detroit's offer of a 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move up and get Peterson so we might have had to give up even more.

We would've only traded up from 9 to 5, instead of 13 to 5. Big difference.

PS - I'm glad we did neither.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We would've only traded up from 9 to 5, instead of 13 to 5. Big difference.

PS - I'm glad we did neither.

I realize that but Arizona turned down that offer so who knows if they would have accepted a 1st, 2nd, and 4th from us. I doubt we could have jumped up to #5 for much less.

Some people's sources were saying it was a "done deal" that we would send a 1st and 3rd to AZ for the chance to draft Peterson.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Bottomline is that I do not want Asomugha.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Bottomline is that I do not want Asomugha.

Neither do I.

But don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about the play of the entire Cowboy secondary.

It's not all about the lack of pass rush either.

The Cowboys were ranked right in the middle when it came to sacks, but were #28th vs the pass. The defenses ranking in sacks has been consistently higher (better) than their ranking vs the pass for the last few seasons.

Yeah, I'd love to see the sacks increase, but let's not kid ourselves, you can't get pressure every down and at some point someone has to be able to cover. And I'm not sure a single guy, not including the defensive line, was even average against the pass last year... outside linebackers, inside linebackers, corners, safeties. It was a complete meltdown.

Patrick Peterson could have covered one guy, but what about all the others?

sbk92

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson at CB would have done nothing to help this defense. As Terence Newman did nothing. And Mike Jenkins did nothing.

You'd all be sitting here two years from now scratching the top of your helmets trying to figure out what's wrong with Peterson. Maybe you need to make another big splash for a cornerback. Let's draft one in the 1st. Sign a big free agent.

And so on, and so on. Year after year. The madness continues.

Welcome to Dallas.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Neither do I.

But don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about the play of the entire Cowboy secondary.

It's not all about the lack of pass rush either.

The Cowboys were ranked right in the middle when it came to sacks, but were #28th vs the pass. The defenses ranking in sacks has been consistently higher (better) than their ranking vs the pass for the last few seasons.

Yeah, I'd love to see the sacks increase, but let's not kid ourselves, you can't get pressure every down and at some point someone has to be able to cover. And I'm not sure a single guy, not including the defensive line, was even average against the pass last year... outside linebackers, inside linebackers, corners, safeties. It was a complete meltdown.

Patrick Peterson could have covered one guy, but what about all the others?

I still think safety help would make more of a difference than bringing in someone like Aso. Peterson at safety would be my preference.

Top Bottom