sbk92

Reaction score
And despite that, the trophy case in Philly is still E M P T Y

Irrelevant.

The issue is whose been better while Reid's been the coach.

Not only have the Eagles been superior, the Cowboys haven't even belonged on the same field as them most years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You go with that.

The entire NFL world will deal in the reality of Samuel being a much better player.

I'd trade two Terence Newmans for one Asante Samuel.

Which is just further proof on your earned nickname in this forum.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Irrelevant.

The issue is whose been better while Reid's been the coach.

Not only have the Eagles been superior, the Cowboys haven't even belonged on the same field as them most years.

The Eagles have been better since then, cant argue that.

But at least we did kick the shit out of them in the playoffs.

sbk92

Reaction score
Which is just further proof on your earned nickname in this forum.

Go around to any other team forum besides Cowboys or Eagles. Ask this question.

They will definitely, not maybe, prefer Samuel. The vastly superior player.

sbk92

Reaction score
The Eagles have been better since then, cant argue that.

But at least we did kick the shit out of them in the playoffs.

You keep bringing up irrelevant responses because your homer mind can't handle giving a rival a little credit.

You scoffed that Andy Reid could pull a fast one on Jerry Jones. Why that would be ridiculous to any impartial NFL fan, I don't know. Reid is a much better football mind. And he's proven it on the field.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Go around to any other team forum besides Cowboys or Eagles. Ask this question.

They will definitely, not maybe, prefer Samuel. The vastly superior player.

I have no doubt that because of the age difference, most teams would probably take Samuel now.

But Samuel still gives up a ton of plays and is a God awful tackler. He's really one of the more overrated players in football, and its why Belichick made basically no effort to keep him.

sbk92

Reaction score
I have no doubt that because of the age difference, most teams would probably take Samuel now.

But Samuel still gives up a ton of plays and is a God awful tackler. He's really one of the more overrated players in football, and its why Belichick made basically no effort to keep him.

Ah, so most teams would prefer Samuel but he isn't a better player than Terence Newman.

It's, ya know, age and stuff.

Right.

Samuel has been better over the entire length of his career. The Patriots didn't make an effort to resign him because he's a cornerback and they're smart enough to know you don't use a ton of cap space on that impactless position. You just move on and draft another. They wouldn't have resigned Terence Newman either.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Samuel has been better over the entire length of his career. The Patriots didn't make an effort to resign him because he's a cornerback and they're smart enough to know you don't use a ton of cap space on that impactless position. You just move on and draft another. They wouldn't have resigned Terence Newman either.

Right, so whats that say about Andy reid and the Eagles?

sbk92

Reaction score
Right, so whats that say about Andy reid and the Eagles?

That they've been vastly superior to the Cowboys during that time.

I already said they've made their mistakes. They've just made far fewer of them than the inferior Cowboys.

So we're right back around to....yes...I do believe Andy Reid could work over Jerry Jones when the subject's football.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That they've been vastly superior to the Cowboys during that time.

I already said they've made their mistakes. They've just made far fewer of them than the inferior Cowboys.

So we're right back around to....yes...I do believe Andy Reid could work over Jerry Jones when the subject's football.

And at the end of Reid's career, he'll still have no super bowl rings as a HC.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another irrelevant comment.

Say it with me - He's been better than Jerry Jones.

OK so he is? I've never said Reid isnt a better football person than Jones.

But the idea that Jones is going to suddenly pull a Dan Snyder and vastly overpay for a free agent because he thinks Andy Reid is interested in laughable in my opinion.

sbk92

Reaction score
OK so he is? I've never said Reid isnt a better football person than Jones.

But the idea that Jones is going to suddenly pull a Dan Snyder and vastly overpay for a free agent because he thinks Andy Reid is interested in laughable in my opinion.

Why is that laughable? Look at his track record. He loves to give out bad contracts.

What happened with Leonard Davis? Washington got into the mix and Dallas immediately decided to pay Davis like he was a top tackle.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why is that laughable? Look at his track record. He loves to give out bad contracts.

What happened with Leonard Davis? Washington got into the mix and Dallas immediately decided to pay Davis like he was a top tackle.

Davis appeared to be well worth what he got his first two+ seasons here.

I dont recall Washington having anything to do with "driving up the price" on Davis either.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles havent been know for doing stupid stuff like that either. Jason Peters, Asante Samuel?

Dude, get off the Eagles for just a second and focus on the fact that Jerry's anxiousness gets the better of him a lot.

sbk92

Reaction score
sbk would trade two Terence Newmans for one Asante Samuel. Then one Asante Samuel for one Shane Lechler.

Guilty.

Samuel's is my kind of cornerback though. Great ball skills. He doesn't make his teammates better like a real impact player would, but he will take advantage of the play in front of him and make plays.

Unlike, ya know, Terence Newman.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Guilty.

Samuel's is my kind of cornerback though. Great ball skills. He doesn't make his teammates better like a real impact player would, but he will take advantage of the play in front of him and make plays.

Unlike, ya know, Terence Newman.

I like CB's that make plays, but not at the expense of giving up a alot of plays or being an awful tackler.

Newman once went over 2yrs without giving up a single TD. I doubt many CB's that started all the time from the past 10 yrs can make that claim.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Samuels is one of the best zone cover CBs in the league, but is average to below in man coverage. That has always been the knock against him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Actually, at least according to Davis, the Redskins offered more money to Davis but Davis wanted to stay home in Texas and that was the deciding factor with choosing Dallas.

Top Bottom