Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I haven't given much thought to the season ending until I was talking to my brother(Patriots fan) earlier, he said "no matter what, it's not going to end well. This weekend, next weekend, or against the Pats."

He's a dick, so fuck him. But yeah, I've thought about how the team could win Sunday, and how they could lose, but haven't given much thought to the season being DONE.

Every year my football season ends as soon as Dallas plays it's last game. I'm not fan enough to watch other teams, and I might catch a few plays here and there at a SB party, but it doesn't interest me a bit if my team isn't playing.

So I guess the season might end. That's going to suck. I started thinking, trying to reflect on what's been a pretty good year of watching football for a change. I haven't enjoyed a season this much since 95'. Partly because I'm trying to take as much away from watching Witten/Romo before it's over.

I thought it would be nice to list one play on offense/defense that stuck out the most for you guys.

For me, it's pretty easy.

Offense: Romo to Williams, the toe tap on that crucial 3rd down in St. Louis.
Defense: Scandrick picking off Cutler to end that game after trying to light a fire under his guys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Both plays for me, come from last week.

Offense: The first big pass play Romo to Dez started the fire that lifted Dallas to the win
Defense: DLaw doing the strip sack on Stafford on 4th down to end the game and get his redemption for his own earlier fumble that kept Detroit alive.

Reaction score
Offense: Probably Dez breaking Owens single season Cowboys receiving TD record. It was a beautiful catch in a game we dominated against our biggest rival.

Defense: Refs mysteriously picking up the flag against Detroit, allowing us to continue our season.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Refs mysteriously picking up the flag against Detroit, allowing us to continue our season.
And amazingly paralyzed Detroit the rest of the way, they were unable to stop us or generate a single point even after we fumbled the ball back to them on their last drive, giving them a free first down.

Also it seemed to force their punter into shanking a 10 yard one for us.

You're a intelligent guy, so I must assume your insistence that the refs "gifted" Dallas is just done to incite.

Reaction score
Could give a shit less about inciting.

I believe if Detroit got the first they should have, they score more points and eat more clock. Thus game over.

Speaking of inciting, want to start another thread railing on Tony?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I believe if Detroit got the first they should have, they score more points and eat more clock. Thus game over.
There's no evidence to support that. And it conveniently forgets that Detroit had every opportunity after that to win the game, and to stop Dallas' offense. It's just as likely they would have suffered a sack/fumble or thrown a pick six, as it is they would have gone on to score.

It sucks that NFL officials suck and always have, and it sucks they made a idiotic decision that's unprecedented in picking up that flag. But it did not "gift" the game to Dallas nor did it rob Detroit of winning the game.
Speaking of inciting, want to start another thread railing on Tony?
That would be my first such thread.

Reaction score
No particular play on offense, just a collection of big time throws by Romo. He's made several precise and perfect ones this year.

DLaw's sack, strip & fumble recovery was an outstanding play that was made remarkable in the context of his earlier mistake. It will go down as one of the memorable plays in Cowboys history (close to as memorable as Leon Lett's play versus the Dolphins). People will reference this play decades from now. For the next 40 to 50 years, whenever a young Cowboys player makes a major error in a big game, there will be at least a few fans with greybeards who remember DLaw's play while hoping that the kid who screwed up might somehow make up for it. If DLaw manages to have a prominent NFL career, this play will be regarded as a defining moment.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Troll gotta troll.

He just doesn't quit, regardless of how ridiculous or stupid he appears

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Defense: Refs mysteriously picking up the flag against Detroit, allowing us to continue our season.

Obvious_troll-292x242.jpeg

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Offense has to be T-Will's toe drag vs Seattle -- one of the best catches I've ever seen, especially given the circumstances.

But I'm telling you guys, that 76 yarder vs Detroit was pretty huge, too. It's easy to forget with the way the game turned out, but we were showing absolutely nothing on offense and were already down 14-0 with under two minutes left in the half. We were barely outside our own 20, and boom, that made it 14-7 and brought the stadium to life. If we don't score there or even just get a FG, that's a big difference.

Defense, who knows. I'd probably say Bruce Carter's pick 6 vs the Rams. We'd been down big and about the only way we come back is with turnovers, and there is not just a turnover but a score that gives us the lead for the first time all day. Not that he made some spectacular play because it was a horrible decision and throw by a bad young QB, but if we lose that game and we're 1-2 instead of 2-1, this thing could easily get derailed before it ever gets started.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
DLaw's sack, strip & fumble recovery was an outstanding play that was made remarkable in the context of his earlier mistake. It will go down as one of the memorable plays in Cowboys history (close to as memorable as Leon Lett's play versus the Dolphins). People will reference this play decades from now. For the next 40 to 50 years, whenever a young Cowboys player makes a major error in a big game, there will be at least a few fans with greybeards who remember DLaw's play while hoping that the kid who screwed up might somehow make up for it. If DLaw manages to have a prominent NFL career, this play will be regarded as a defining moment.
That and the context of Leon himself being there, coaching him. It has the look and feel of a bellwether moment. Let's hope it is and we have DLaw making plays for years to come like we had the Big Cat.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But I'm telling you guys, that 76 yarder vs Detroit was pretty huge, too. It's easy to forget with the way the game turned out, but we were showing absolutely nothing on offense and were already down 14-0 with under two minutes left in the half. We were barely outside our own 20, and boom, that made it 14-7 and brought the stadium to life. If we don't score there or even just get a FG, that's a big difference.
+1

Top Bottom