Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
e82613f36d1e64d65a944f19f952a683.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It’s not a report you idiots
The idiots believe it and spread it. It probably gets no notice here, were it posted in the joke/meme thread. Then folks might have a hint you knew it was fake and was supposed to be a joke. You post it in the gameday thread, folks could reasonably believe you thought it was real.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The "arch" in these pictures (a torii, a Japanese gate most commonly found at the entrance of a Shinto shrine) is traditionally made of wood or stone. The gist of the fake meme is moot, however, because these photographs are of two different arches. It's a long debunked social media scam. It's fake news.

The first picture shows a torii still standing after the U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki in August 1945. Nagasaki is on the western side of Kyushu, the southernmost of the Japanese main islands.

The second photograph is not from Nagasaki, but from the Kozuchi shrine in Otsuchi on the northeast coast of Honshu, after a tsunami struck that area in March 2011. Geographically, these two arches are on opposite sides and ends of Japan.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The idiots believe it and spread it. It probably gets no notice here, were it posted in the joke/meme thread. Then folks might have a hint you knew it was fake and was supposed to be a joke. You post it in the gameday thread, folks could reasonably believe you thought it was real.

I knew it was a joke but it's an accurate analogy, nonetheless.....

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The "arch" in these pictures (a torii, a Japanese gate most commonly found at the entrance of a Shinto shrine) is traditionally made of wood or stone. The gist of the fake meme is moot, however, because these photographs are of two different arches. It's a long debunked social media scam. It's fake news.

The first picture shows a torii still standing after the U.S. dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki in August 1945. Nagasaki is on the western side of Kyushu, the southernmost of the Japanese main islands.

The second photograph is not from Nagasaki, but from the Kozuchi shrine in Otsuchi on the northeast coast of Honshu, after a tsunami struck that area in March 2011. Geographically, these two arches are on opposite sides and ends of Japan.

Great research dooms, I’m impressed

Thanks for puttin in the work to prove that this joke wasn’t real

You do understand it was a joke right?

Or did your research not uncover the fb.com/dielaughter mark above the “what the hell is that arch made up of?” Portion of the meme

Or the cartoon character with the red eyed dude smoking a blunt on the bottom left of the meme

Both of these were included in the meme by its creator so ppl wouldn’t believe it was real

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Both of these were included in the meme by its creator so ppl wouldn’t believe it was real
Incorrect. Those were added much later. You have no idea how old this chestnut is.

Originally it WAS intended to fool people, not as a general joke. And by the way no research was needed, this stupid shit was put to bed years ago.

And I believe you thought it was true, just like you thought the fake Cobb quote was real. Because you're just that gullible and just mindlessly share social media shit.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Incorrect. Those were added much later. You have no idea how old this chestnut is.

Originally it WAS intended to fool people, not as a general joke. And by the way no research was needed, this stupid shit was put to bed years ago.

And I believe you thought it was true, just like you thought the fake Cobb quote was real. Because you're just that gullible and just mindlessly share social media shit.

The Dooms/Scot feud continues :funny:

Don't stand for that shit Scot!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

The original wasn’t posted. The meme with the cartoon and die laughing watermark was. And it was posted in this thread which is where this type of humor is designed to be posted. That should have been your first clue it wasn’t meant to be considered as real.

No one else took this meme seriously besides you. That’s why you took the time to debunk it.

As for the Cobb meme no one else considered that one to be real either, besides you. You again felt the need to say it wasn’t real. Maybe my posting it in the game day thread confused you. My bad, I should have posted it here so YOU would know it was meant as a joke.

Oh wait a sec, the Nagasaki meme was posted in this thread as a joke and you still thought that it was supposed to be real.

Come on Dooms, this shit ain’t hard, thems is just jokes buddy

Do I need to put a Dooms disclaimer on every post for you so you know not to take a joke seriously?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hey Dooms

This is a joke, it is designed for entertainment purposes only

It’s not meant to be taken seriously

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
As for the Cobb meme no one else considered that one to be real either
Just YOU. Everyone else knew immediately it never happened.
Nagasaki meme was posted in this thread as a joke and you still thought that it was supposed to be real.
No, YOU thought it was real. Nobody else did.

Debunking idiocy is routine for me. NOBODY re-posts that type of shit unless they actually believe it to be true. You got caught, now you're protesting way too loudly.
Do I need to put a Dooms disclaimer on every post
How about stop posting truly stupid shit, and start posting some actual funny stuff? It's an idea.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
NOBODY re-posts that type of shit unless they actually believe it to be true.

I gotta call you on your bull shit

There well over 500 posts in this thread by a number of regulars here to the contrary. That’s what this thread was designed for. No one but you has even considered a single one of the memes or jokes here to be real. YOU are the only person who has debunked one of them. Make that two of them. YOU are the only person to actually consider that any of the jokes were meant to be taken seriously

Get a sense of humor Dooms

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There well over 500 posts in this thread by a number of regulars here to the contrary.
You've made it clear you don't understand. NONE of them, except the two of yours, were blatant FAKE information-based memes.

Those are designed for only one person to get laughs for - the creator of the meme. He gets his laughs watching his lie get repeated over and over by people too gullible and stupid to know any better. He gets his laughs by watching the stupid crap go viral. The joke is on the idiot who re-posts it! It's NOT general humor.

Those who know it's crap, generally DO NOT keep it going by re-posting it! It merely annoys most people who have half a brain.

I'm not the only one who believes you thought the shit was real. Now everyone reading, knows it's not. I debunk that shit for that very reason - for the READER.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
NONE of them, except the two of yours, were blatant FAKE information-based memes.

Really Dooms? None of the 550 plus posts in this thread were blatant FAKE information-based memes besides my two?

a1e03c72c1a1f2f137fbd972b1208b6f.jpg

This thread is full of them, hell, the majority of them are exactly that.

It’s ok if you don’t find them funny, you can do what everyone else does. You can laugh or not laugh, hit like or don’t hit like, then move on, as intended.

Top Bottom