NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Jason La Canfora
Its a one-year deal between the Eagles and Steve Smith. Quite a past 2-3 weeks in Philly. Wow

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We're good. We have Kevin Ogletree and (insert random rookie free agent name here).

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I know everyone is being haters of the Eagles offseason (cuz we're Cowboys fans, its what we're 'posed to do :errr ) but they're literally playing Madden right now.

Reaction score
If Smith gets back and is 75 percent of what he was for New York the past few seasons, wow. Eagles just get even freaking better.

Reaction score
Seems the Giants think he won't be ready for some time. Smart move by the Eagles, nice low risk, high reward signing.

63echo

Reaction score
Christ. I was hoping he'd go to the AFC West or someplace else far away.

Philly is definitely boggling my mind this off-season.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
They seem to be selling the next decades worth of salary cap in this one season. I just don't get it. They could have done this years ago and didn't. But now it's like Madden over there.

Every single time any other football team has tried this since the salary cap was put into place, it just hasn't worked out. There is just no way that all those egos go egoless an entire season.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Christ. I was hoping he'd go to the AFC West or someplace else far away.

I'm not going to lie becasue if he were healthy, Smith was a guy I was hoping we'd take a flier on.

That said, microfracture is a HUGE deal. The odds that he'll make a significant contribution this yr are pretty slim.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
The Eagles just hedged their bets is all. By signing him and seeing if he can play in 6 or so weeks it keeps the Giants from doing the same.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
It all depends on how big of a lesion they had to drill to promote fibrous cartilage growth. Regardless he is playing on borrowed time if he comes back at all.

63echo

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie becasue if he were healthy, Smith was a guy I was hoping we'd take a flier on.

That said, microfracture is a HUGE deal. The odds that he'll make a significant contribution this yr are pretty slim.

I don't know that you'd necessarily be taking a flyer on a healthy Smith. He's not a superstar, but he'd be a solid #2 I think.

You're right though. I doubt he does much at all for Philly this season but I STILL hope he goes elsewhere afterwards.

Reaction score
If it takes looks away from Maclin/Jackson... I'm okay with it.

I'm not 100% sure that an 80% Smith is better than Jason Avant.

Top Bottom