63echo

Reaction score
Nothing worse (better?) than a dude trying to be the smartest MFer in the room by using 10 dollar paragraphs sprinkled (very liberally) with two dollar words, but failing at the simple things. The Prestigious Jargon technique suits a lot of the Zoners well, though. I've wiped the "burn barrel" cat from my memory, but that dude uses this method, as well (with less effect, true)...but it's just as asinine.

Though certainly not germane to the central argument in this thread, calling people ignorant and in the very same paragraph exposing your own ignorance by saying something like "only doctors can declare death" makes me wonder why anyone...anywhere...would give this gasbag the time of day.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Fuzzy's the guy you don't want to corner you at a party.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nothing worse (better?) than a dude trying to be the smartest MFer in the room by using 10 dollar paragraphs sprinkled (very liberally) with two dollar words, but failing at the simple things. The Prestigious Jargon technique suits a lot of the Zoners well, though. I've wiped the "burn barrel" cat from my memory, but that dude uses this method, as well (with less effect, true)...but it's just as asinine.

Though certainly not germane to the central argument in this thread, calling people ignorant and in the very same paragraph exposing your own ignorance by saying something like "only doctors can declare death" makes me wonder why anyone...anywhere...would give this gasbag the time of day.
:clap

Welcome back Echo.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Nothing worse (better?) than a dude trying to be the smartest MFer in the room by using 10 dollar paragraphs sprinkled (very liberally) with two dollar words, but failing at the simple things.

Translation: multi-syllables bother me even when I know what they mean. I prefer my conversations dumbed down. I know how to make a blanket dismissal but I don't have a clue how to give supporting arguments.

The Prestigious Jargon technique suits a lot of the Zoners well, though. I've wiped the "burn barrel" cat from my memory, but that dude uses this method, as well (with less effect, true)...but it's just as asinine.

I'm not using jargon. If I wanted to talk about harmonic analysis, jacobians, and the discrete fourier transform then you might have a point. WTF is stoicism jargon for?

As an aside, my degree is in engineering and not literature so my takes on philosophy and the like are all of my own and independent of my degree.

Who else than a doctor can legally sign a death certificate? The point that EMT cannot declare someone dead is still valid. Saying the argument is flawed and not demonstrating how is tantamount to 'you're wrong' and demonstrates just as much insight. Seems a popular strategy around here.

Here is an example of a supporting argument:

The physician’s principal responsibility in death registration is to complete the medical part of the death certificate. In fulfilling the role of the certifier(i.e.,person completing the medical part of the death certificate), the physician performs the final act of care to a patient by providing closure with a well-thought-out and complete death certificate that will allow the family to close the person's affairs.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_cod.pdf

But wtf does the cdc know in opposition to the circle jerk we see here?

As for your gasbag statement, perhaps some introspection is in order because your post is long on declarations and devoid of any reasoning.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Running into other people is more an ability than a skill, and not really a trait worthy of being elevated amongst fellow humans. That that's not readily apparent is a condition only fed by greed and gluttony and nothing more. Don't kid yourself, if that decrepit Jones didn't think he could use him for his own gain, his ability wouldn't get him very far, nor would anyone be arguing the merits of that ability.

RISE THE PROLETARIAT!!!

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Fuzzy's the guy you don't want to corner you at a party.

When all you have is this backbiting passive aggressive shit it says something different than you think.

None of you guys outside of VTA argue on merit and his is more ideology than anything else.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't give a fuck how many degrees you have. You don't see me mentioning mine.

As an aside, my degree is in engineering

:facepalm

And here are some other little ditties culled from CZ where your modesty is on full display:

I am a trained engineer that knows how to normalize data sets.

I am an electrical engineer so him getting a CE degree while juggling Div1 football is extra impressive to me.

Actually Im a mechanical engineer although you are close on the age. Im sorry that I am well read and well educated so you hide your intimidation behind this garbage.

Um, which is it, Fuzzy?

I'm not trying to be an arrogant prig but i can make more money entry level as an engineer than i could after working 20 years as a teacher.

I am not a lawyer. I am an engineer although I am seriously considering taking my LSAT and going to law school to become a patent attorney.

I am a trained electrical engineer and while I currently do not do modeling as such I am trained extensively in the methods of doing so.

i have never said that i was a legal expert. I have never even intimated it. if you must know i have a degree in mechanical engineering and have no desire to practice law whatsoever.

Um, which is it, Fuzzy?

I took engineering statistics. I even went so far as to go look at my notes on the subject and really all I have to say is just shut up Theo. If you could put me in my place and actually explain it you would have. You cant so just shut up.

BTW im learning math at the college of engineering a tthe university of texas. Im learning triple integrals and jacobian differentiation atm. If youd ever like to butt heads on that score id be more than happy to.

I also want to point out that while someone close to me is an attorney, I am NOT licensed to practice law. My specialization is in engineering.

Dude shut up i placed in the quarterfinals on the TFA debate tournament. I would have gone into law if not for the fact that i love math and subsequently engineering.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol :lol :lol :lol

What a pretentious fuckwad.

and colossal liar. lemme guess: he's one those ultra rare electrical/mechanical engineers that you never hear of. must be tiring keeping all the lies straight.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
:facepalm

And here are some other little ditties culled from CZ where your modesty is on full display:

Um, which is it, Fuzzy?

Um, which is it, Fuzzy?

damn-friday_admin092814mbu9g.gif

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who else than a doctor can legally sign a death certificate? The point that EMT cannot declare someone dead is still valid. Saying the argument is flawed and not demonstrating how is tantamount to 'you're wrong' and demonstrates just as much insight. Seems a popular strategy around here.

You've never heard of someone being declared dead at the scene without ever going to the hospital first? You know, like a coroner?

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
:rofl
:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl:rofl
:rofl:rofl
:rofl

63echo

Reaction score
Translation: multi-syllables bother me even when I know what they mean. I prefer my conversations dumbed down. I know how to make a blanket dismissal but I don't have a clue how to give supporting arguments.I'm not using jargon. If I wanted to talk about harmonic analysis, jacobians, and the discrete fourier transform then you might have a point. WTF is stoicism jargon for?

No doubt. A typical defense for this type of argument technique (and, by the way, if I were in charge, I might've called the technique something else to prevent confusion and mouth-foaming when seeing the word "Jargon," but alas...) might go something like this: "Well, it's no fault of my own that you're (oftentimes misspelled "your." I'll go ahead and submit that you're guilty of that, too) too simpleminded to understand my superior vocabulary." I meant to post the expected defense in my OP to head off your rebuttal before time was wasted in typing it, but damn it all to hell, you caught me on a slow day.

As an aside, my degree is in engineering and not literature so my takes on philosophy and the like are all of my own and independent of my degree.

Sweet. Give me a moment to bow my head at the Altar of Fuzz.

Fuck-an-a, dawg. Unlike some folks around here, I ain't going to call anyone ignorant without at the very least having an inkling of an idea of what I'm talking about. I was with a justice of the peace who majored in accounting (and didn't finish college) just last week who declared death on some poor non-swimmer. Lord knows I'm not an expert, but simply googling it (you might say I "researched" the subject) shows that RNs, nurse practitioners, and yes, some EMTs can declare death and sign death certificates (in Texas at least. Your mileage may vary, but Brent didn't kill a teammate in Wabash, Indiana after all). There are likely others who can declare death as well, but I didn't bother looking around any more than I had to.

Here is an example of a supporting argument:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_cod.pdf

But wtf does the cdc know in opposition to the circle jerk we see here?

As for your gasbag statement, perhaps some introspection is in order because your post is long on declarations and devoid of any reasoning.

Thanks, amigo, but your supporting "argument" hurts me to the core because in this case, guidebook ≠ local law. In any event, it was a good try but here's a protip: in the future, remember that a little research is most certainly in order BEFORE calling out others for being ignorant, and not when you're finished tap-dancing afterward.

Carry on.

63echo

Reaction score
:clap

Welcome back Echo.

Thanks, Dooms, but man...I was happy being a crappy lurker, but leave it to Fuzzy to annoy me back to life. Well, Fuzzy and the frigging Cowboys actually showing signs of life.

One thing about Fuzz, though: I'll give him major props for coming here, engaging, and taking shit from the 4chan of Cowboys boards. Good man (and I mean that). If he'd convince Hostile to hook us up with Own accounts, we could repay the favor.

Top Bottom