dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Mike FisherNov 1, 2019
https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2FwrXBZXKyZ0Cs1yNmLcpZ7g%2Fphoto%3Fversion%3D684

FRISCO – Hey, Jerry Jones, your Dallas Cowboys are 4-3 and in first place in the NFC East and that's pretty cool, right? “No,'' is Jerry's answer. "I thought we would be better (and thought) our record would be better.''

Errrrrr, OK.

Jones was asked this week on 105.3 The Fan about his bye-week evaluation of his club. He cited the embarrassing loss at the New York Jets as a particular sore spot.

“Let’s just say that I thought we’d be better than this,” he said bluntly.

Is that a negative reflection on the roster or on the coaching staff? Not yet, as the generally rosy-viewed Jones added that he'd “father be here at 4-3 with other positives going right for us—injury being the principal one. I’d rather get here like that than I had with one more win.”
There's some Jerry Word Salad in there, but translated, Jones is saying that Dallas, now coming out of the bye and heading to New York for a Monday nighter against the Giants, is approaching good health ... and that maybe that's a fair trade for a singular bad loss.

Jones admits that if his Cowboys continue with their inconsistent play, they may not reach their playoff goals.

“I think that we have the potential,'' he said. "I don’t think the way that we have played so far will get us there, on balance—the good and the bad.''

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That's putting it mildly. The Cowboys have come out flat in the first half starting with the Redskins. But the Redskins and Dolphins aren't good enough to take big leads before the Cowboys woke up. I don't know about anyone else, but the Eagles game alone doesn't give me much confidence that they'll do that week in and week out. This inconsistent play is a recurring theme for a Garrett led team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
get back to me when we beat a team with a winning record. tomorrow night won't count.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
get back to me when we beat a team with a winning record. tomorrow night won't count.

We have the same number of wins vs teams with winning records as the Patriots (one each)

San Fran has two by the way.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yep we lost to the team that just got smoked by the team that openly has tried to lose and played us tough for a half.

Top Bottom