Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All this proves is that wins and losses does not always determine success in business. You can fail 9 out of 10 times in business ventures, but that one hit can make you a success.
Orrrr, you can rig the business model so you don't have to field a winning team, in order to clean up. That's what Jerruh has done. Insulated the business from the mediocre product it produces.

Reaction score
...When JJ could buy any player he wanted...and he hired Jimmy...He could win!...take that away...and it's not that he doesn't want to win....cause he really wants to win....He just doesn't know how!
He needs to sell the team to a real "football" owner, or stepdown...I see him doing neither.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
...When JJ could buy any player he wanted...and he hired Jimmy...He could win!...take that away...and it's not that he doesn't want to win....cause he really wants to win....He just doesn't know how!
He needs to sell the team to a real "football" owner, or stepdown...I see him doing neither.

Thats fallacious to say he really wants to win. NO he doesnt. He says he does. But the results show he really doesnt. Winning isnt important to Jerry. Winning HIS WAY is. Only winning his way and if he gets some self perceived credit is all that matters to him.

So dont say winning is something he really wants. It isnt! Qualified winning, yes. Winning, no!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Jerry didn't "buy" a championship team. What he did "buy" was the best HC and decision maker in Jimmy Johnson.

The team turned around because of Jimmy's great coaching, excellent drafting and savvy trading. Not because we "bought" any and every player we could get our hands on. There was no cap, but Jerry had pretty tight purse strings and this led to several hold-outs.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There was no cap
This. Jerry and the people he employs (family members, etc) have shown for decades that they were not cut out for the salary cap era. The record on the field and idiotic personnel moves put an exclamation point on this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This. Jerry and the people he employs (family members, etc) have shown for decades that they were not cut out for the salary cap era. The record on the field and idiotic personnel moves put an exclamation point on this.

If Jimmy had stayed or was replaced with people like him, we'd have been fine cap or no cap.

Us winning 3 super bowls had absolutely ZERO to do with cap/no cap.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Jimmy had stayed or was replaced with people like him, we'd have been fine cap or no cap.

Us winning 3 super bowls had absolutely ZERO to do with cap/no cap.

No but after has a lot to with it. Idiocy and nepotism are a bad combination.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerry didn't "buy" a championship team.
Correct. At the time without a cap, he was infamous as a skinflint. A cheap bastard. We were fielding the team with the cheapest roster and winning 2 Super Bowls.

Reaction score
Thats fallacious to say he really wants to win. NO he doesnt. He says he does. But the results show he really doesnt. Winning isnt important to Jerry. Winning HIS WAY is. Only winning his way and if he gets some self perceived credit is all that matters to him.

So dont say winning is something he really wants. It isnt! Qualified winning, yes. Winning, no!

First of all. I'll say whatever I want whether you like it or
not!...and yes he wants to win, don't be unfallacious...lol

Reaction score
First of all. I'll say whatever I want whether you like it or
not!...and yes he wants to win, don't be unfallacious...lol

Wanting to win while keeping himself as GM, and Garrett as coach is contradictory. It does not compute. Jerry doesn't give two shits about winning these days.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
...Like I said earlier...He doesn't know how to win anymore!

He never knew how to win

He just made one good decision and that was when he hired Jimmy who then turned the team around and created the team that won three Super Bowls. Jerry had nothing to do with that other than signing the checks.

Since Jimmy left we haven’t won shit. Proof positive that Jeruh never knew how to win. He just knew how to write checks.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The 1994 Niners - now there's a bought championship.

Reaction score
The 1994 Niners - now there's a bought championship.

It was blatantly obvious at the time that the NFL was looking the other way with the 49ers cheating the cap so long as it derailed the Cowboys 3-peat. It was when I first realized that the last thing the NFL wants is a dominant Cowboys.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was blatantly obvious at the time that the NFL was looking the other way with the 49ers cheating the cap so long as it derailed the Cowboys 3-peat.
Jerry firing Jimmy derailed the 3-peat. Had Jimmy still been our coach we would have handled that particular 49ers "dream team."

Reaction score
Jerry firing Jimmy derailed the 3-peat. Had Jimmy still been our coach we would have handled that particular 49ers "dream team."

I believe that too. They still had to get ripped off on the non call to prevent a team without a coach from beating them anyway. Had Jimmy still been there we would have spanked them again IMO despite the rule breaking.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Switzer had nothing to do with being down 21-0 in the blink of an eye, Emmitt's bad hammy, or the non-call on Deion. But had Jimmy still been in charge, it's doubtful Big E would have partied hardy after the Zona game and got into that wreck. Team discipline really fell off, which pissed off Troy to no end.

Reaction score
Switzer had nothing to do with being down 21-0 in the blink of an eye, Emmitt's bad hammy, or the non-call on Deion. But had Jimmy still been in charge, it's doubtful Big E would have partied hardy after the Zona game and got into that wreck. Team discipline really fell off, which pissed off Troy to no end.

I believe Switzer did have a lot to do with that 21-0 because he was not cracking the whip to keep the team in line like Jimmy did. It was the origin of the country club atmosphere that has doomed this franchise for 23 years and counting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
...Like I said earlier...He doesn't know how to win anymore!

He never knew how to win. he made one good decision his entire time as an owner here, hired Jimmy Johnson and put him in charge.

Deserves all sorts of kudos for that, awesome decision and changed the franchise.

Since that, he's been an utter failure as owner and GM.

Top Bottom