dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
According to PercyHoward at CZ, QB's with a a QB rating of 140+ are now 30-1 alltime in the postseason.

Yep, we got the 1

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
He did. He caught it despite the guy slapping it, took two steps with it, made the football move of taking one hand off it and extending towards the goal line, and still had it in his hand when his knees hit the turf. The ball coming out at that point is moot, he was down by contact.

He made the catch. It was a catch.

I see it differently. He didn't maintain possession going to the ground.

It's open to interpretation, but that looked less like a football move, and more like a guy falling. Guess it could go either way.

Reaction score
Well, who are you all rootin for now?

I'm on the Broncos bandwagon.

Peyton and Ware. Get it done.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The refs didn't cost us this game.

We lost this game on our own.

yep, it should ave never come down to that, they had numerous opportunities to put GB away and that drive at the end of the first half was the killer imo. Should have been 17-7 or 21-7 instead of 14-10, minimum 6 point swing and they lost by 5

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

It's open to interpretation, but that looked less like a football move, and more like a guy falling. Guess it could go either way.

Did the ball ever hit the ground though when he wasn't in complete control of it? That's what I would have liked to have seen on the replay. It doesn't look like it ever rolled around or came "lose" when he rolled over, and then it bounces up in the air and he clearly re-caught the ball.

If they weren't going to overturn the Cobb completion earlier with what they could see on replay, I don't see how they could overturn the Dez catch based on what they "thought"

The other issue is that while there was no clear camera angle to show for sure whether the ball hit the ground and moved around, the ref closest to the play (not even a couple yds away) and staring right at Dez the entire time rules it a catch and never wavered on it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Did the ball ever hit the ground though when he wasn't in complete control of it? That's what I would have liked to have seen on the replay. It doesn't look like it ever rolled around or came "lose" when he rolled over, and then it bounces up in the air and he clearly re-caught the ball.

If they weren't going to overturn the Cobb completion earlier with what they could see on replay, I don't see how they could overturn the Dez catch based on what they "thought"

The other issue is that while there was no clear camera angle to show for sure whether the ball hit the ground and moved around, the ref closest to the play (not even a couple yds away) and staring right at Dez the entire time rules it a catch and never wavered on it.

The ground is what caused the ball to jar loose. It is what it is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
His knees were on the turf before the ball left his hand. Therefore the ball coming out at that point isn't even a fumble. He was DOWN.

omen

Spectator
Reaction score
Refs just threw a flag for roughing the passer. Romo got hit like that about three times. Ha

Top Bottom