C

Cr122

OCT 16 9:04 PM CT
By Calvin Watkins

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- For the second consecutive game, wide receiver Dez Bryant didn't have a catch in the second half and didn't make any excuses for why it happened again Sunday afternoon vs. the Patriots.

"To tell the truth they were playing the same coverages throughout the game," said Bryant, who finished with four catches for 78 yards and no touchdowns.

When asked if he is getting frustrated not being able to help his team, especially in the red zone, Bryant said, "not frustrating at all. Just tense. I felt like we just needed to get in there. We were doing a great job and we just got to finish."

The Cowboys didn't, and it's becoming difficult to understand why this team can't get Bryant the ball on a consistent basis in the second half of games.

"Defensively their secondary played a lot of zone-blitz type things, which the corners bail," Tony Romo said. "We just weren't able to get up on the leverage a lot today and that's why you saw probably a lot of 7- to 10-yard type stuff."

Reaction score
It's because Tony Romo is scared.

Dez is the type of receiver, you throw it to him if he's covered or not.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Definitely should have thrown it to him on that 2nd and goal play late in the game. he was 1 on 1 with a small DB.

Reaction score
I've lost all faith in Romo. He usually comes out firing after his brain fart games... but all day yesterday, he looked like he wasn't there mentally. And he threw a lot of dangerous passes.

He's off. Hopefully he can get back on track. I don't think we'll have any issues defeating St Louis, but the Eagles in two weeks makes me real nervous.

C

Cr122

It's clear Romo has lost some confidence. I was expecting him to have a monster game, but the Pats came prepared. He did okay, but he threw some terrible balls and looked confused at times.

Garrett as the HC needs to sit down with Tony and figure this out or the season is going into the shitter. There's still time to correct it, but we need a smart Qb to lead this team and one with confidence. I don't blame Tony 100% there's other players on this team, so the offense needs to rally around Tony so he can gain his confidence back.

asklesko

Spectator
Reaction score

He did that several times in the Lions game, with disastrous results.

I think Dez shoots all his adrenaline in the first half and is burned out in the second. He needs to tone it down, clear his head, and just make plays.

63echo

Reaction score
I heard today that the ONLY 2nd half catch he has had ALL SEASON LONG was that long conversion in the Redskins game. Incredible.

Either Romo/Red Jesus need to involve him more, or Dez needs to pull his head out of his ass.

Reaction score
I heard today that the ONLY 2nd half catch he has had ALL SEASON LONG was that long conversion in the Redskins game. Incredible.

Either Romo/Red Jesus need to involve him more, or Dez needs to pull his head out of his ass.

Can't blame Dez. Until they develop a play where he throws it to himself, he needs to have the ball thrown in his direction in order to try and catch it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Romo decides where to throw the ball dude, maybe he should be the one pulling the head out his ass.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score

I don't think he's scared necessarily. If anything, I'm thinking any confidence issues he has are about Garrett's confidence in him, or lack thereof.

Top Bottom