Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Of course he's had his part.

How much is what this debate has been about.
Did you ever stop to think the coaching was bad, because they kept Romo around? As in, simply didn't know any better?

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
I really wish Romo could have one Super Bowl win, even if it's not with the Cowboys (but not against the Cowboys).

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I really wish Romo could have one Super Bowl win, even if it's not with the Cowboys (but not against the Cowboys).
Because he somehow "deserves" it?

After many years of having a offense tailored just for him, every year it's got to be more "Romo Friendly," you think some other team is going to do that?

The 50 million guaranteed money from his last contract is his Lombardi. He's a guy who has done very well for himself and deserves nothing further.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Romo friendly is what exactly? Just because Jerry drums up a new term, it means what exactly?

If Romo friendly means a WR with no hamstrings, a pathetic run and pass blocking offensive line, injury prone RB, and a play caller who routinely shits the bed when his team has a lead. . .

Then yes, this offense has been super Romo friendly in recent years.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
2nd round TEs that catch 6 balls a year while the offensive line has looked extremely shitty(last year was an improvement) since 2008.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
After many years of having a offense tailored just for him, every year it's got to be more "Romo Friendly," you think some other team is going to do that?

Just cuz Jerry Jones says 'Romo Friendly,' doesn't mean that he's making the team friendly for Romo. Quite the opposite, actually, as the surrounding team and coaching staff is subpar.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Romo friendly is what exactly? Just because Jerry drums up a new term, it means what exactly?

for starters, not bringing in any serious competition to push him. then there's the unusually close relationship he has with Garrett.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
I can't find the statistic that FOX or CBS put up one Sunday...but essentially it shows Romo and the other top QBs having a similar winning percentage when their QB rating was 95.0+ or something.

However, when QB rating was below 90.0 or something, the other top QBs winning percentage was significantly higher than Romos.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
for starters, not bringing in any serious competition to push him. then there's the unusually close relationship he has with Garrett.

The Dolphins didn't bring in competition to push Dan Marino. Would that have propelled the Dolphins to a Super Bowl win? I think a better surrounding cast would've benefited more.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
The Dolphins didn't bring in competition to push Dan Marino. Would that have propelled the Dolphins to a Super Bowl win? I think a better surrounding cast would've benefited more.

:eek

please tell me you did not go there

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
:eek

please tell me you did not go there

Fine then. Warren Moon. Boomer Esiason. Get a better surrounding cast is more beneficial to winning than bringing in competition.

I agree with bringing in QBs, but it's to develop a possible replacement and less to improve the incumbent QB.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score
Bengals drafted Klingler to push Esiason.

Did it make Esiason better?

Again, I'm all for competition, but it's to replace the starter and less make the incumbent better.

If we were to draft Bortles, Manziel, etc...is that to make Romo better? It's to replace Romo's ass.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score

The Garrett relationship is absolutely the problem. I've said from the get go, the organization is terribly unstable. Garrett is a god damned stooge. He'd rather play grab ass on the sideline than coach his players up, Romo included.

Wade fucking Wilson is Romo's QB coach. You think Romo has learned jack shit from Wade Wilson?

The whole coaching thing us fucked and has been.

The competition thing, I don't disagree a whole lot, but then again, how many teams bring in a QB that can push a starter for his job? Those guys are usually looking for a chance to start.

There isn't a backup QB in the league that could challenge Tony for his job. There aren't even 32 capable starting QBs in the whole league as it is.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not just talking about 2014. Competition was needed years ago but was never forthcoming. And now, because of Tony's contract and the owner's man crush, it won't be coming at all.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I could see drafting a QB to push him, the threat of the team going in a different direction. I didn't consider that, I automatically assumed you meant sign one.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not just talking about 2014. Competition was needed years ago but was never forthcoming. And now, because of Tony's contract and the owner's man crush, it won't be coming at all.

Agreed. I'm on the same page when it comes to how things have been handled from a team aspect, especially when it comes to the culture. You're not getting the very best from your players when they aren't being pushed.

It goes back to this franchise being an unstable one.

pdom

UDFA
Reaction score

I'm not convinced that pushing QBs is more effective than getting a better surrounding cast/coaching, but I will concede that drafting QBs would've been my preferred choice to drafting two 2nd round TEs.

Top Bottom