CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I know alot of you are natural pessimists, IDC thats your business but i saw alot of improvement in the physical part of the game for this team that we hadnt seen since week 1.Who knows if Dallas can come out with another week like this. They played their asses off if you ask me.

The ending wasnt what we wanted but the ball went slightly to the left in a wind from 51 yrds out. It happens.

I see some people bitching about the defense, and lack of turnovers blah blah blah. Ill take the defense allowing 3 scoring drives by the ravens offense. Dallas defense allowed 17 points by an offense thats 5th in the league in scoring.

Ill take this team rushing and throwing how they did this week. What i saw this week is when Dallas kept it simple they had their way. But when the play calling tried to get cute this team had setbacks. Audibles are a part of the game but they arent supposed to be a everyplay thing.

Say what you want about this teams weaknesses, but the defense isnt one. Boldin was the leading receiver with 5 catches for 98 yrds, 3 of those catches and alot of them yrds were on one drive. Rice had 2 tds and torrey had another.

Special Teams is a problem. Theyve cost Dallas 2 wins if you ask me.

Murray for whatever reason cant stay healthy. Thats why he dropped in the draft. So Dallas will need a RB by committee.

Alot of you just bitch for the sake of bitching but this team played 10,000% better then the last time we saw them. I liked what i saw for the majority of the game. A little less confusion before the snap a little more attention to basics and better game management is all id like to see.

Im saying a sound whooping is coming for the Panthers and a close win vs the Giants.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This defense can't stop anyone when it counts. I wish that wasn't true but when we need them the most, they fold. The drive just before the half and that last scoring drive. Easy completion after easy completion. No or little pressure. Safeties nowhere to be seen.

We played well yesterday. If this team didn't have a history of beating itself and finding new, amazing ways to lose, I would possibly agree with you.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
they lost because they missed a 51 yrd FG. Plain and simple. Shit happens over the course of the game. Stupid shit stupid calls good plays bad plays. This game was a good game went down to the wire. None of the mistakes actually won or the lost the game. the last play was 50/50 shot either way. I can accept a loss like this because they left it all out on the field. Games like the Bears and Seahawks shit im tired of those types of games too. But im not going to bag on this team over this loss to the Ravens.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lmfao!!!! This defense Is a PIECE OF SHIT

they allowed 24 points. Not 17..Baltimore scored almost every time they had the ball. Wtf were you watching?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You can take that "golly gee, glass half full" bullshit and shove it up your ass. For Garrett to stand up at the podium and say that he's "proud" of the team after yet another inexplicable, devastating loss represents the height of tone deafness. When the Cowboys lost an important divisional game to the Skins in December 1992, Jimmy Johnson made the plane ride home a living hell. Instead, we have a coach more concerned with patting guys on the back instead of kicking them in the butt. But hey, we gave "great effort" yesterday, and that's all that matters, right?

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Alot of you just bitch for the sake of bitching but this team played 10,000% better then the last time we saw them. I liked what i saw for the majority of the game. A little less confusion before the snap a little more attention to basics and better game management is all id like to see.

Maybe because the reality of the situation is that it doesn't matter how well the team plays if the guy at the top can literally undo an entire day's work by being absolutely brain dead in key situations.

Arizona and yesterday are two examples of the shittiest clock management I have ever seen.

Reaction score
Maybe because the reality of the situation is that it doesn't matter how well the team plays if the guy at the top can literally undo an entire day's work by being absolutely brain dead in key situations.

Arizona and yesterday are two examples of the shittiest clock management I have ever seen.

At some point, the players must look at this and think that it's just not worth the effort. Especially the guys who have contracts locked in.

They fought and clawed to get back into that game. It was a great team effort...only to be upstaged by flamboyantly stupid coaching once again.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
At some point, the players must look at this and think that it's just not worth the effort. Especially the guys who have contracts locked in.

They fought and clawed to get back into that game. It was a great team effort...only to be upstaged by flamboyantly stupid coaching once again.

Im not disagreeing with you. But werent the Cowboys in posistion to win the game? Now i think if Dallas gets the ball to the center of the field they win. Plain and Simple. There was time, you can see the team ready and gathered about 11-10 seconds to go. Quick snap to move the ball to the middle of the field and a quick timeout i have to believe youre calling a timeout about the same time Romo did anyways. probably a second or two later. But we all know Garrett is a idiot with the game on the line. Still with that being said they still had a good chance to win.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I agree 100% with you but 98% of the bitching is about the Players losing the game. Not so much the time management. Like the idiot who is asking what game i saw. When i know the defense didnt give up one of them TDs. The same idiot trying to make a point like i didnt see the Cowboys fight back to get back into the game and were maybe a foot away from winning.

63echo

Reaction score
I agree 100% with you but 98% of the bitching is about the Players losing the game. Not so much the time management. Like the idiot who is asking what game i saw. When i know the defense didnt give up one of them TDs. The same idiot trying to make a point like i didnt see the Cowboys fight back to get back into the game and were maybe a foot away from winning.

lol

You DO know that the final score was 31-29, right?

Reaction score
I was encouraged by the physical style in which we came out. For as tough as that Baltimore defense is supposed to be, we basically had our way with them.

Our defense came up short. When Baltimore went no-huddle, we didn't have an answer.

Had we played with that effort the entire season, we'd be much better than 2-3.

Reason I can't get excited about Sundays performance is two fold:

1. Until proven otherwise, that game was an anomoly. Little reason to expect us to play like that consistantly.

2. We failed to set ourselves up in the first quarter of the season for a brutal stretch that is coming up. We're 2-3 with Carolina (meh), a New York team that looks like the best team in football, a 6-0 Falcons team, and @Philly which is always trouble for us, regardless of how poorly they're playing.

The back stretch of games isn't that intimidating.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I was encouraged by the physical style in which we came out. For as tough as that Baltimore defense is supposed to be, we basically had our way with them.

Our defense came up short. When Baltimore went no-huddle, we didn't have an answer.

Had we played with that effort the entire season, we'd be much better than 2-3.

Reason I can't get excited about Sundays performance is two fold:

1. Until proven otherwise, that game was an anomoly. Little reason to expect us to play like that consistantly.

2. We failed to set ourselves up in the first quarter of the season for a brutal stretch that is coming up. We're 2-3 with Carolina (meh), a New York team that looks like the best team in football, a 6-0 Falcons team, and @Philly which is always trouble for us, regardless of how poorly they're playing.

The back stretch of games isn't that intimidating.

Not to mention that we continue to make the same mental mistakes with penalties and though our defense may be improved on paper. We continue to get very little pressure on the QB and we never create turnovers.

Reaction score
Not to mention that we continue to make the same mental mistakes with penalties and though our defense may be improved on paper. We continue to get very little pressure on the QB and we never create turnovers.

Do the Ravens have a good offensive line? I know they have for a few years, but lost Grubbs and I havent' seen them play this year to determine if they're any good this year.

I think once Spencer gets back - the most underrated guy on our entire team - with Ratliff getting in game shape... I think our pass rush might improve.

I hope at least.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Do the Ravens have a good offensive line? I know they have for a few years, but lost Grubbs and I havent' seen them play this year to determine if they're any good this year.

I think once Spencer gets back - the most underrated guy on our entire team - with Ratliff getting in game shape... I think our pass rush might improve.

I hope at least.

lol..fat chance

Top Bottom