dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Another disgusting performance, no other way to put it. The offense is pretty much hopeless because of the OL's inability to generate any sort of consistent blocking. The defense still has the same problems its had for years. Cant make a play to save their life, and only has one guy in the front 7 who has a clue how to rush the passer. They spent 600 million on the CB position and still play defenses with the CB's way off the WR. The special teams are crap.

1) I was a big Garrett supporter, but I'm getting very very close to being convinced he isnt the answer here. The team lacks discipline and is as mistake prone as any team we've had in recent memory. If it isnt penalties its turnovers. If it isnt turnovers its dropped balls or wrong routes. If it isnt that its missed blocking assignments. If it isnt that its a QB still forcing balls into impossible areas. The franchise lacks leadership. The tough decisions that HAVE to be made, arnt being made. You cant keep rewarding players who make mistake after mistake by letting them keep their jobs. Several of these players need wake up calls sent to them via benchings or just outright release, and Garrett/Jones wont do it.

2) I've never seen an OL as inept at run blocking as this line is in my entire life, at any level. The last 3 games something like almost half of our running plays have been for losses or no gains. Thats just unheard of. These guys generate absolutely no push and create no lanes. DeMarco Murray runs more and more tentative every week because he knows he's gonna get hit at or behind the line on virtually every play. Bernadeau cant play a lick. Free was better last night than the previous 2 games, but still is lousy at run blocking. Cook is what he is, a JAG. Livings got beat repeatedly last night and got zero push. Smith had what appeared to be a pretty good game to me, save the one mistake/misread on the early 1st qtr sack. While the run blocking was a disaster, the pass protection was actually pretty good, and that was against a very good pas rushing team.

3) Dez Bryant, what an enigma. Can be spectacular and clearly has talent to be elite, but something just doesnt click for him and he has mental lapses from time to time. I really dont care about the late game drop, but the misreads on the route stuff has to stop. My belief is he desperately needs a hardline coach like a Jimmy Johnson or Jim Harbaugh, otherwise he may never maximize his potential.

4) Yeah I know, nobody can say anything bad about Romo. Well fuck that. He stunk last night. He definitely wasnt at fault on the first two picks, but those others were him. He also missed two TD throws at crucial situations in the game. He wasnt getting plastered or running for his life either. 8 picks and some fumbles now. Too many turnovers.

5) Defense is still mediocre. They still cant make plays vs the pass (no picks, only ONE pass defensed and only 2 sacks) vs another mistake prone QB. I'm convinced Rob Ryan is a mediocre coordinator. How many quality CB's does a defense need before you actually use them to play tight man to man vs other teams WR's? WTF kind of defense has a gimpy safety constantly matched up against the other teams all-pro calibar WR? If his last name wasnt Ryan, he wouldnt have a job in this league. He definitely didnt get the defensive brains of his father or brother, and the guy coaches with no balls. Too many passive defenses, and the blitzes we do try almost never work.

6) Nice job punting by the new guy last night, unfortunately the defense never held and wasted the punts downed close.

7) Hey they cleaned up the penalty problem, if only for one game. Only two penalties, both by the defense. PROGRESS!!!

8) I know it was garbage time, but I was impressed with Kyle Orton. Took over in a bad situation and threw the ball great. He's noticeably bigger and stands taller in the pocket than Romo, and his arm is definitely alot stronger. I dont think I saw one flutter ball from him either, all his throws appeared to be really tight spirals.

9) 4 games played. A total of 11 passes defensed and one interception, on a tipped ball (by the other teams receiver) to our LB. Opposing QB rating is now at 95.4, despite playing 3 mistake prone QB's (that includes one rookie). How awful is that passes defensed stat? Consider that 10 individual players have at least 7 by themselves, and two of them have 9 PD's each. Thats suckass coaching and scheming IMO.

10) Everyone always talks about where the offense would be without Romo. Well where would the defense be with DeMarcus Ware? He's got 5 of our 9 sacks. Only 4 players on the team have a sack in 4 games. He gets absolutely no help whatsoever from our front 7 in passing situations. If we didnt have him, opposing QB's might complete 80% or more of their passes with all the time they'd get.

11) At least Jason Witten seemed back to normal last night. Solid game by him and no drops.

I have zero expectations for the remainder of the season now. Honestly I have a hard time seeing how we get 8 wins, but who knows. Other than the OL I firmly believe there's enough quality talent everywhere else to be good, but the issue isnt talent. The issue is sound coaching and fundamentals. The issue is taking underperforming guys off the field.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It's 2 in the afternoon I'm not reading this shit.

You want me to read this meet your deadline and have it on my desk the day after gameday in the AM sometime.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It's 2 in the afternoon I'm not reading this shit.

You want me to read this meet your deadline and have it on my desk the day after gameday in the AM sometime.

Do live on the west coast?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yet you complained that no one but Ware is capable of getting sacks. That would seem to imply a deficiency at the DL/LB position.

No, that supports my argument that I think the DC is a boob.

And I do suspect some aspects might improve once we get Ratliff and Spencer back out there, but last year even when those guys were out there they struggled too mcuh to get a pass rush.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
1) I was a big Garrett supporter, but I'm getting very very close to being convinced he isnt the answer here. The team lacks discipline and is as mistake prone as any team we've had in recent memory. If it isnt penalties its turnovers. If it isnt turnovers its dropped balls or wrong routes. If it isnt that its missed blocking assignments. If it isnt that its a QB still forcing balls into impossible areas. The franchise lacks leadership. The tough decisions that HAVE to be made, arnt being made. You cant keep rewarding players who make mistake after mistake by letting them keep their jobs. Several of these players need wake up calls sent to them via benchings or just outright release, and Garrett/Jones wont do it.

Nope. They'd rather make pretty speeches about discipline rahter than actually implement and enforce it. What is it that Jerry was so enamored with Garrett over? How many Super Bowl-winning HCs were Ivy League graduates?

dbair1967 said:
5) Defense is still mediocre. They still cant make plays vs the pass (no picks, only ONE pass defensed and only 2 sacks) vs another mistake prone QB. I'm convinced Rob Ryan is a mediocre coordinator. How many quality CB's does a defense need before you actually use them to play tight man to man vs other teams WR's? WTF kind of defense has a gimpy safety constantly matched up against the other teams all-pro calibar WR? If his last name wasnt Ryan, he wouldnt have a job in this league. He definitely didnt get the defensive brains of his father or brother, and the guy coaches with no balls. Too many passive defenses, and the blitzes we do try almost never work.

I don't get that either. The only safety in the entire NFL that I would ever put on a WR like Marshall would be Ed Reed. Last week, we had Mike Jenkins on Vincent Jackson. Common sense would indicate and suggest that you follow that same formula and have Jenkins on Marshall.

This fucker got bitched by a rookie OC in Mike Tice! Mike Tice of all people!

Reaction score
4. Actually no. The OL can't hold up enough for double moves, or deep routes to develop.

Still think we shouldn't have take Bruce Irvin and Cordy Glenn?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's all on the coaching.

I can't drive stick shift. So if I go out and buy a Ferrari to drive in the Chicago winter, I probably won't get too much out of it. Sure, after some time I will not stall at every red light, and I might even be able to shift around without too much hesitation, but at the end of the day, my experience with that car won't be too great because I was not able to maximize the use of it for multiple reasons.

From what I'm reading today, lots of Dallas fans say it's the car's fault and that it needs to be returned to the dealership for a refund. That's absolutely retarded. Like I've said before, we can't honestly evaluate the talents of dudes like Dez, Bennett, Romo, etc. when we know for sure that Garrett doesn't know how to drive this Ferrari in the first place.

It's not fair to really blame any of this core for failing. Wade got fired, so he was clearly as failure at HC and he also hindered the growth and development of the team. Garrett is doing the same now, and he's likely on the way out soon.

Give me a guy like Gruden or Harbaugh, and if they can't come in here with a proven plan that works to maximize the talents of dudes like Dez and Romo, then I'm fine with giving up and rebuilding. Unfortunately, we see what those coaches have done with players like Rich Gannon and Alex Smith at QB, and it becomes even more clear and depressing that our coach is just wasting valuable time and a legit shot at success with this core.

Romo likely got more out of his limited time with Sean Payton than he's gotten over the last 6 years with this circus coaching corral. The only thing that the Garrett apologists have left is that his record is barely above .500. Even that excuse will be gone after this upcoming 5 game stretch.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I can't drive stick shift. So if I go out and buy a Ferrari to drive in the Chicago winter, I probably won't get too much out of it. Sure, after some time I will not stall at every red light, and I might even be able to shift around without too much hesitation, but at the end of the day, my experience with that car won't be too great because I was not able to maximize the use of it for multiple reasons.

From what I'm reading today, lots of Dallas fans say it's the car's fault and that it needs to be returned to the dealership for a refund. That's absolutely retarded. Like I've said before, we can't honestly evaluate the talents of dudes like Dez, Bennett, Romo, etc. when we know for sure that Garrett doesn't know how to drive this Ferrari in the first place.

It's not fair to really blame any of this core for failing. Wade got fired, so he was clearly as failure at HC and he also hindered the growth and development of the team. Garrett is doing the same now, and he's likely on the way out soon.

Give me a guy like Gruden or Harbaugh, and if they can't come in here with a proven plan that works to maximize the talents of dudes like Dez and Romo, then I'm fine with giving up and rebuilding. Unfortunately, we see what those coaches have done with players like Rich Gannon and Alex Smith at QB, and it becomes even more clear and depressing that our coach is just wasting valuable time and a legit shot at success with this core.

Romo likely got more out of his limited time with Sean Payton than he's gotten over the last 6 years with this circus coaching corral. The only thing that the Garrett apologists have left is that his record is barely above .500. Even that excuse will be gone after this upcoming 5 game stretch.

Excellant post. I'm all for Gruden. You want accountability---REAL ACCOUNTABILITY, and not just as a bumper sticker? Gruden. The guy deactivated Keyshawn Johnson, their best WR at the time. He's crazy---in a good way, and we could use some of that here.

Campo was a lousy coach that had a lousy core of players and yet he was able to win 5 games. I don't have confidence in Garrett to win even that many at this point.

I bet Edna Garrett would be a better HC than Jason.

Reaction score
Thats exactly what he had on those two tds he missed though, and he had plenty of time on both

We would have way more of those if they could hold up long enough.

You know how when Romo drops back and is standing completely still and has a beautiful unobsctructed pocket ? And when that happens your vag gets moist because you know we got a real shot at a big play?

That should happen much more often than it does

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Good post UV, I cant argue about it anymore. Its true.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We would have way more of those if they could hold up long enough.

You know how when Romo drops back and is standing completely still and has a beautiful unobsctructed pocket ? And when that happens your vag gets moist because you know we got a real shot at a big play?

That should happen much more often than it does

I dont know if its a one game anomaly or not, but there was very little wrong with the pass protection last night. It wasnt perfect, but it was far better than the previous two games. The Bears do a great job of pressuring QB's and came in at the top of the league in sacks, and they didnt get many hits on Romo.

Reaction score

The coaching is terrible... but it goes higher than that. We can't get serious coaching in here because of our meddling owner. If Garrett had the ability and the balls to bench guys who didn't perform, then it would fall squarely on him. He doesn't have the authority to do that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The coaching is terrible... but it goes higher than that. We can't get serious coaching in here because of our meddling owner. If Garrett had the ability and the balls to bench guys who didn't perform, then it would fall squarely on him. He doesn't have the authority to do that.

Either that, or he just refuses to do it and is just as delusional as Jones is about some of these guys.

Either way, its an issue.

Top Bottom