dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Was it Sherman Williams? Derrick Lassick had already been cut by that point I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it was Lassic, we drafted in in 1993.

The guy we cut prior to him was Curvin Richards, IIRC think he fumbled a couple times in the season ender of 1992 and JJ cut him.

We drafted Sherman Williams in that infamous "drafting for backups" 1995 draft.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No it was Lassic, we drafted in in 1993.

The guy we cut prior to him was Curvin Richards, IIRC think he fumbled a couple times in the season ender of 1992 and JJ cut him.

We drafted Sherman Williams in that infamous "drafting for backups" 1995 draft.

Curvin Richards, that’s the guy I’m thinking of. Was it Richards that Jimmy cut for fumbling the ball?

Also was Lincoln Coleman the backup in ‘93-‘94?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Curvin Richards, that’s the guy I’m thinking of. Was it Richards that Jimmy cut for fumbling the ball?

Also was Lincoln Coleman the backup in ‘93-‘94?

Yeah, Coleman was the backup for most of 93-94. Then he got injured towards the tail end of '94 IIRC, and Blair Thomas was signed as the backup. Which was ironic because he was the RB selected by the Jets ahead of Emmitt in the '90 draft.

Also, when I went to watch the Cowboys-Lions preseason game at the old Wembley Stadium in '93, Curvin Richards was playing for the Lions. Think he got cut a couple of games into the regular season, and that was his career done.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, Coleman was the backup for most of 93-94. Then he got injured towards the tail end of '94 IIRC, and Blair Thomas was signed as the backup. Which was ironic because he was the RB selected by the Jets ahead of Emmitt in the '90 draft.

Also, when I went to watch the Cowboys-Lions preseason game at the old Wembley Stadium in '93, Curvin Richards was playing for the Lions. Think he got cut a couple of games into the regular season, and that was his career done.

Yea I think the Lions were Richards last team. I remember a big deal being made about Coleman because he was actually from Dallas. I mean no one expected him to be as good as Emmitt but he did have a really good game against Miami I think. It might have even been the ice game where Leon Lett touched the blocked kick and lost the game.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I don’t know how many of you guys are tech savvy but for anyone that is, i was wondering if you could help me find a song. It’s Super Bowl song that was done for the Cowboys prior to the ‘92 SB. It was done by a local DJ named Russ Parr (100.3 JAMZ). The song was called To The Bowl Y’all. I haven’t been able to find it, it’s not on YouTube.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You forgot to use ebonics in your search.

"The Boys are Back In Town" is the song, the DJ added soundbytes to it.

That’s actually not the song. The song I’m talking about is a hip-hop song. It has a bounce beat to it.

I found part of the video he did for the song. This video only has part of the chorus though. The song starts at 0.41 into the video for those that want to see/hear it. That video actually brought back some memories of how crazy this city got over the Cowboys that year.

Top Bottom