Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I was not optimistic about this team so the loss is not a surprise to me. We should have seen this coming knowing Looney would be starting at C. Didn't Dallas give up 50+ sacks in 2018 when Looney started for Frederick?

Looney lining up next to Williams is a recipe for disaster. Not having Collins hurts, not sure why Steele was playing over Knight, who played a game for Collins last year and was not that bad. Draw up whatever offensive scheme you want, but if the OL doesn't block no scheme works.

We were not sure about the LBs going into this year. They looked bad last year and some people were optimistic it would be better this year. I have no idea why. I suppose getting Smith out of the Mike LB position was a thought but with LVE getting hurt again, that was short lived. Now I hear they will play Thomas at Mike and Smith goes back to Will. Smith is a liability. Teams have figure out how to isolate him and expose his weakness, which is recognition. He has none.

Then there is the safety position. As bad as Jeff Heath was, he was a lot better than what they have on the field now. I cannot believe Haha Clinton Dix did not make this team. How bad do you have to be to not make the Cowboys roster as a safety?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was not optimistic about this team so the loss is not a surprise to me. We should have seen this coming knowing Looney would be starting at C. Didn't Dallas give up 50+ sacks in 2018 when Looney started for Frederick?

Yes, and idiots at CZ just gushed over the guy when the fact was he just wasnt very good. He doesnt apepar to be any better to me now either. He's a nice veteran backup to be a spot player, but starting week over week is just not his thing. I really think the rookie would have beaten him out had we had a real training camp and preseason.

Then there is the safety position. As bad as Jeff Heath was, he was a lot better than what they have on the field now. I cannot believe Haha Clinton Dix did not make this team. How bad do you have to be to not make the Cowboys roster as a safety?

Not 100% sure, but I haven't seen where anyone picked him up. It could be he is just putrid.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be the cat's ass?

Jerruh would just blame teh covids though and move right along.

as long as he's comfortable, thats what matters

would be nice to be able to draft the QB from Clemson and not get locked into Dak at 40 mill/yr

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
to illustrate my point - you take Troy, Emmitt, Mike, and Jimmy and move to any other team.
I'll take their back ups and the '93 OL and stomp you

Your ass wasn't around when Smith held out because he wanted "Thurman Thomas" money, and we went with his backup for those two games.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Your ass wasn't around when Smith held out because he wanted "Thurman Thomas" money, and we went with his backup for those two games.

Was it Sherman Williams? Derrick Lassick had already been cut by that point I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jerry wouldn't do it.
I was thinking about this the other day. What if... the Cowboys continue to suffer key injuries and finish with a 2-14 record and the first pick in the draft? Would Jerry stay at 1 and draft Lawrence? or would he trade it away? or would he pick another player like a LT?

I also believe he will not take Lawrence. But my guess is he will try to trade the pick away for multiple first round picks. What if he was offered 3 first round picks, 2 in 2021 and 1 in 2022? Plus some other picks and or players. It would be a great excuse for Jerry to avoid drafting the QB. And honestly if he got a LT, LB and DT out of it, maybe they would be better off.

I don't really think the Cowboys will get the #1 pick in the draft so Jerry won't have to face the embarrassment of not taking Lawrence.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking about this the other day. What if... the Cowboys continue to suffer key injuries and finish with a 2-14 record and the first pick in the draft? Would Jerry stay at 1 and draft Lawrence? or would he trade it away? or would he pick another player like a LT?

I also believe he will not take Lawrence. But my guess is he will try to trade the pick away for multiple first round picks. What if he was offered 3 first round picks, 2 in 2021 and 1 in 2022? Plus some other picks and or players. It would be a great excuse for Jerry to avoid drafting the QB. And honestly if he got a LT, LB and DT out of it, maybe they would be better off.

I don't really think the Cowboys will get the #1 pick in the draft so Jerry won't have to face the embarrassment of not taking Lawrence.

If you don't have a QB, you have nothing. Take Lawrence and run......

DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score

^^
Great point !!

I believe we lost the games he was out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Yes, and idiots at CZ just gushed over the guy when the fact was he just wasnt very good. He doesnt apepar to be any better to me now either. He's a nice veteran backup to be a spot player, but starting week over week is just not his thing. I really think the rookie would have beaten him out had we had a real training camp and preseason.

Not 100% sure, but I haven't seen where anyone picked him up. It could be he is just putrid.
Why oh why is ET not on this team?
ET today would have snagged at least 1 of those balls to get us an INT.
The man is a FA and we have some money to spend and he should come cheap and would give us s much more back there.
I do love Diggs and his play. His coverage is really good and he is oh so close to making plays. They will come.
Our D line is, so far, massively overhyped. Don't know if that is the switch in scheme or just early season conditioning but we have zero pass rush. That's 2 games in a row. that has to change or its going to be a long season.

Top Bottom