Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
very telling...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/sorry-Michael-Vick-NFL-referees-do-not-play-favorites-092911

Refs playing favorites? Check the facts

Bio | Email
Mike Pereira was the NFL's Vice President of Officiating from 2004-09, having spent the five seasons previous to that as the league's Director of Officiating. He also served as an NFL game official when he acted as side judge for two seasons (1997-98).

Subject: Comment/Question: Name: Email: Hometown: 35Updated Sep 29, 2011 3:10 PM ET

RPS PER 100 PASSES Quarterback Calls per
100 passes
J. Campbell 1.46
J. Cutler 1.28
C. McCoy 1.20
J. Clausen 1.00
S. Bradford 1.00
K. Orton 0.99
M. Stafford 0.93
R. Fitzpatrick 0.91
M. Vick 0.88
M. Cassel 0.75
D. McNabb 0.72
S. Hill 0.72
C. Palmer 0.68
C. Henne 0.67
D. Anderson 0.61
J. Kitna 0.61
P. Rivers 0.60
M. Ryan 0.58
K. Collins 0.53
A. Rodgers 0.52
D. Brees 0.51
A. Smith 0.48
R. Grossman 0.40
M. Sanchez 0.32
B. Favre 0.28
B. Roethlisberger 0.20
M. Hasselbeck 0.18
J. Freeman 0.17
E. Manning 0.16
T. Brady 0.16
M. Schaub 0.15
P. Manning 0.15
D. Garrard 0.00
J. Flacco 0.00
K. Kolb 0.00
T. Romo 0.00
Other* 0.73
*Quarterbacks with fewer than 200 attempts are included in 'Other'

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What's so crazy about it? We all know that Romo doesn't get roughing the passer calls, no matter how blatant. I saw no less than two that should have been called on Monday Night.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What's so crazy about it? We all know that Romo doesn't get roughing the passer calls, no matter how blatant. I saw no less than two that should have been called on Monday Night.

the fact that by this example its zero!!! I mean you know zero.

thats startling to me...

Reaction score
Vick is pretty high up there.

Weird, because he just bitched about that this week.

And yeah, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a RtP call on Romo.

WTF NFL!

Reaction score
Honestly, the last one I can remember off the top of my head was Shaun Rogers when we played Cleveland a few years back. I'm pretty sure the only reason that one was called was because it busted open Romo's chin.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
the fact that by this example its zero!!! I mean you know zero.

thats startling to me...

Yeah I know. But think about it for a moment. Can you truly remember when Romo has ever gotten a roughing the passer call? In recent memory.

Reaction score
I just posted this but now realize its only for last year. Romo threw a little over 200 times.

But still Kolb is there and he played like twice.

Flacco rarely goes down thats messed up especially since he plays against Harrison twice a year.

Romo holds the ball a long time, but there really is no protection on him. Even when he slides he cant get a break

Reaction score
I just posted this but now realize its only for last year. Romo threw a little over 200 times.

Flacco rarely goes down thats messed up especially since he plays against Harrison twice a year.

Romo holds the ball a long time, but there really is no protection on him. Even when he slides he cant get a break
Link says it's combined numbers from 2010 and the first three games of 2011. So I guess we're talking about 9 games for Romo?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Vick is pretty high up there.

Weird, because he just bitched about that this week.

And yeah, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen a RtP call on Romo.

WTF NFL!

Romo's not gonna say it but I will. . . Its because he's fuckin' MEXICAN (the new black)!!

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Really? You're the first and only person that's said this. Not sure where you get it from, but it's hardly the case. Romo's been accused of alot of things, but holding the ball too long isn't one of them, quite the opposite in fact, especially considering he has the fastest release in the league.

Cythim

Reaction score

Romo makes a lot of throws as he is getting hit or just before he is getting hit. His quick release time helps him get the ball out but allows defenders to get a shot at him when the ball is still in his hand. He is better than average at "holding the ball too long," no where near as good as Manning but not nearly as bad as Roethlisberger either.

Reaction score
Really? You're the first and only person that's said this. Not sure where you get it from, but it's hardly the case. Romo's been accused of alot of things, but holding the ball too long isn't one of them, quite the opposite in fact, especially considering he has the fastest release in the league.

Romo makes a lot of throws as he is getting hit or just before he is getting hit. His quick release time helps him get the ball out but allows defenders to get a shot at him when the ball is still in his hand. He is better than average at "holding the ball too long," no where near as good as Manning but not nearly as bad as Roethlisberger either.

Romo spends a ton of time in the pocket. Whether it be extending a play, or waiting until the very last second he could to throw it. He is naturally exposed to way more rushers than Brady or Manning. They run precision offenses with much less room for improvising(Even if Brady or Manning were capable of running around)

That doesnt mean that Romo has no pocket awareness. Actually the opposite, its a testament to his release like you said.

theogt

Reaction score
This is a probably a bad way to analyze this issue. If a QB is performing very well, it's likely the result of him getting good protection and getting the ball out. By definition he's going to get hit less, resulting in much fewer opportunities to take an illegal hit.

Top Bottom