NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I was never sold on the move up and trade to go get him but I'm not down on Claiborne yet either... I think its a little early to start throwing the bust label around. He's young yet there's gonna be some growing pains.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I was never sold on the move up and trade to go get him but I'm not down on Claiborne yet either... I think its a little early to start throwing the bust label around. He's young yet there's gonna be some growing pains.

Agreed about "bust". Labeling him a major disappointment is fair though.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Labeling him a major disappointment is fair though.

Yeah.
Ask yourselves if you'd trade Mo for Brockers and Ashlon Jeffery.
That's who those 2 picks turned out to be.
Not saying we draft those guys,but we went 75 picks until our next turn.

Reaction score
There was a different thread roughly around the same time (but a bit later) in which I was arguing with someone (Theebs?) that the Cowboys had too many holes to afford a 1st and 2nd round draft pick on a CB .... particularly after spending so much cap on Carr and given that contemporary rules largely diminish the impact that extra good CBs have in today's game.

I remember several disagreeing with me and saying that they'd have made the trade to acquire Claiborne.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Heard a little bit of his radio show tonight in the car. He admitted his confidence isn't good... Said something like, "It's high, but it's not as high as it needs to be."

Claims he never played zone in college or under Rob. I find that incredibly hard to believe. But anyway, he says he has to think too much about what to do before every play. Like it's rocket science. But then he did get a 4 on the Wonderlic.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We love drafting stupid players. We even traded a 2nd rounder for this one.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Heard a little bit of his radio show tonight in the car. He admitted his confidence isn't good... Said something like, "It's high, but it's not as high as it needs to be."

Claims he never played zone in college or under Rob. I find that incredibly hard to believe. But anyway, he says he has to think too much about what to do before every play. Like it's rocket science. But then he did get a 4 on the Wonderlic.

Its probably true. LSU is pretty much a straight man to man team and has been for years.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What really pisses me off is that they clearly reacted to Patrick Peterson hype ....a year later.

Its not like nobody else didn't think highly of Claiborne though. Hindsight is always 20/20. Everybody had this guy rated as avery high first rd pick, numerous teams rated him by far the best defensive player in the draft.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Its probably true. LSU is pretty much a straight man to man team and has been for years.

Ok, but Rob's super-complex defense played man to man every single snap?

Anyway, he did have great ball skills in college, so he might be okay. I bet he's like Jenkins, actually. Probably won't ever tackle very well but he should get some picks.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw him giving up chunks of yardage last game. He played well against St. Louis I thought.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Its not like nobody else didn't think highly of Claiborne though. Hindsight is always 20/20. Everybody had this guy rated as avery high first rd pick, numerous teams rated him by far the best defensive player in the draft.

Rams, who desperately needed a CB, felt confident enough to pass on him.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They benched him just before the Denver game. How convenient. I wonder where those orders came from?

Top Bottom