jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I say go grab Tony Jefferson of Arizona to play strong safety. Church played at 4 to 5 million a year. Jefferson has a market value of about 6 million. Much younger and better.

Huge risk but I say we also spend the money on Eric Berry to play free safety. He would cost us about 10 million a year. That's basically eating up Carr hold salary. The risk only comes in since we would move Byron Jones back to corner. I may be wrong but I honestly think Byron focuses too much on getting beat by bigger tight ends rather than using his skills to focus on technique for Interceptions.

Start Anthony Brown at the other end. Then sign Mo Claiborne to an incentive laced contract. Draft a Corner in the second.

If we can get second rounder for Romo use the other second round pick on a DEnd.

Last edited:

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'd honestly kick the tires on JPP and/or Chandler Jones. Both players have warts so not sure what the market would be for them.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'd honestly kick the tires on JPP and/or Chandler Jones. Both players have warts so not sure what the market would be for them.

I agree. I'm just not seeing a DEnd worth spending money for this year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'll say it again, if Eric Berry hits free agency, you have to make a run at him. I truly believe he would have an Ezekiel Elliott-like impact on the defense. He's a leader and the playmaker we desperately need.

KC supposedly told him they wouldn't franchise him again but I'm sure they will try to lock him up to a multi-year deal.

As far as Micah Hyde, he's been a favorite of mine for years. He's Honey Badger'esque in that he can play CB or S (also returns punts). You have him and Byron Jones on the field together and you can match-up various ways to throw off offenses.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I think Arians already said they will franchise Jones if they don't resign him before FA starts.

Not sure what I think of JPP. Giving him a huge payday worries me a lot. Plus you have to worry about this really bad injury he just had.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll say it again, if Eric Berry hits free agency, you have to make a run at him. I truly believe he would have an Ezekiel Elliott-like impact on the defense. He's a leader and the playmaker we desperately need.

KC supposedly told him they wouldn't franchise him again but I'm sure they will try to lock him up to a multi-year deal.

He'd be the one really high dollar guy I'd be good with us going after if he got free so I'm with you. He'd have a significant impact on our defense as a whole.

I also think that at least for another couple seasons or so, you could move Byron Jones back to CB. Berry would be an ideal mentor for how the position should be played for him, and maybe somewhere down the road Jones moves back with a better idea how to play there. In the mean time, he goes back to CB to replace one of those trio of bums we have now and its one less CB we need in draft or free agency.

Top Bottom