MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I gave all defensive picks so they probably draft a WR or TE to sell more tickets and gear.

They actually are going to need a TE at some point soon. I'd prefer one in the 3rd but I would
Not be surprised at all if they went TE with one of their first two picks.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I understand that the schedules are already set. Atlanta and Green Bay are the games we get from having a 1st place schedule. It just happens to include Seattle (our turn to play the NFC West), Denver, KC, and Oakland. As of now, those appear to very good teams. If Arizona bounces back, you can count that as another tough game.

Next year's schedule appears to be brutal. Regardless, if we don't improve the defense, we will suffer a similar result. Defense and coaching are much bigger issues in the post-season and we all know the coaching won't change.

I could see Arizona and Denver continue to decline. Especially if Denver doesn't upgrade their QB.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry is going to demand offense in the first round like usual. Our pathetic lack of a pass rush doesn't mean anything to him, never has and never will

At this point it's really what Stephen wants not Jerry.

Reaction score
I could see Arizona and Denver continue to decline. Especially if Denver doesn't upgrade their QB.

Denver will continue to decline, I agree.

And Arizona is a QB away from being anything - and QB's are hard to come by.

Our toughest games no doubt will be Atlanta, Green Bay, Kansas City, Oakland, plus all the tricky divisional games.

It'll be interesting to see what the Redskins do with Kirk Cousins.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
BTW I can 100% see them drafting OJ Howard if he is there at 28. More likely scenario though is Butt at 60, gotta have some drama built into that second rounder. With Witten dropping strong hints about retiring soon TE will be a priority.

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Welcome to two decades of Cowboy fandom. BTW if I told you in 1996 you would win two play off games over the next two decades, you would have said?
Been a fan since '85. Except for the early 90's it's been almost non-stop disappointment. Sadly, I'm starting to accept that this is how it's always going to be.

Reaction score
Stephen Jones says this offseason the goal is to invest resources whether it be salary cap or draft picks to improve the defense.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We should get OJ at tightend. Focus on DEnd in Second. Grab DBs the rest of the way. I think we can find a bargain in free agency for a WR or undrafted Free Agent. Im also up for us to draft a defensive back in the second and simply sign a guy at DEnd.

I really think we should try to cut Crawford. His injury issues and ineffectiveness are not worth 10 mil a year. How much is his cap hit if we cut him.

Honestly I'm all for signing no Claiborne and putting him as a nickel back.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm starting to question what Byron Jones true role should be. I think Anthony Brown may eventually eclipse Jones. Jones is more of a Brandon Carr type player that doesn't push for Interceptions. I always thought his athletic ability would allow him to make better adjustments for interceptions.

Brown seems to have unbelievable speed to break toward the ball and seems to go more so for Interceptions.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What do you guys think about LB Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt? Dude is a tackling machine. If he's there at 28 I think he'd be a great pick. Also if Jaylon Smith is healthy and can play next year they would have an outstanding LB core with depth.

jeremysmith214

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would like to go defense in second but I'm not certain you pass up on OJ in the first round. This guy will bring unbelievable strength to our offense

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
He's definitely a stud TE and they do need a replacement for Witten. I'm not sure OJ will be there at 28 though. Hell both OJ and Zach Cunningham could be gone by 28.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do you guys think about LB Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt? Dude is a tackling machine. If he's there at 28 I think he'd be a great pick. Also if Jaylon Smith is healthy and can play next year they would have an outstanding LB core with depth.

See avi

< ----

Top Bottom