Reaction score
We have reached the next level. It isn't just Green Bay that is exempt from offensive line holding calls against the Cowboys. Now, it's every team we face.

Credit to BotchedLobotomy at CZ for the research.

Cowboys Game - ***Cowboys vs Redskins Post game thread *** | Page 7 | Dallas Cowboys Forum - CowboysZone.com

The last offensive holding call against a Cowboys opponent was the Cardinals at 11:11 in the 4th quarter.

Nope, there is no ref bias against the Cowboys. None at all. Yeah... right...

Reaction score
Also, the Cowboys are -9 for the season so far in offensive holding calls differential, the worst in the league by far.

The Cowboys have been called for offensive holding 15 times while the opponents have been called 6 times, all 6 in the first three games.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The holding calls I saw today looked legit on replay, particularly the one on Witten was flagrant and obvious. Possibly there were lots of complaints accumulated from last season and this one, and the officials are really looking for the calls? There's no doubt our OL is a nasty bunch, they're mean and chippy. Perhaps this is a message to their position coach, clean up some of the bear hugging, jersey grabbing, horse collaring?

They can call holding on both teams on every play. Offensive holding happens on just about every play. We need to clean it up. Losers blame the officials.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
They can call holding on both teams on every play. Offensive holding happens on just about every play. We need to clean it up. Losers blame the officials.

no doubt about losers whine about the refs but for the first time in my life I am scratching my head a bit about the refs. Im not taking issue with the calls on our O-linemen (although some could probably be disputed), what I find odd is that none of their opponents are getting called for holding AT ALL! You said it yourself, holding could be called on every play yet the last 4 teams they've played have ZERO holding calls and that is strange.

I've never believed in conspiracies in this regard or that the commissioner is telling refs how to call games so while it is strange, the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that perhaps some refs are influenced subconsciously by their feelings for or against a team or maybe their really weren't any blatant holds seen by the refs

Reaction score
The holding calls I saw today looked legit on replay, particularly the one on Witten was flagrant and obvious. Possibly there were lots of complaints accumulated from last season and this one, and the officials are really looking for the calls? There's no doubt our OL is a nasty bunch, they're mean and chippy. Perhaps this is a message to their position coach, clean up some of the bear hugging, jersey grabbing, horse collaring?

Read more carefully. i am not pissed at the holds called against Dallas. I am pissed that our opponents are NOT GETTING CALLED for offensive holding AT ALL.

This cannot be happening by accident. You have to make the effort to not see what has become statistically impossible if there was no bias.

Reaction score
I've never believed in conspiracies in this regard or that the commissioner is telling refs how to call games so while it is strange, the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that perhaps some refs are influenced subconsciously by their feelings for or against a team or maybe their really weren't any blatant holds seen by the refs

This is my conclusion as well, however it has become so one sided that I believe some refs are consciously choosing to call games against the Cowboys.

Edit to add that also the Skins had to basically call guys down out of the stands to fill in on their o-line, and yet... PERFECT TECHNIQUE!!

Last edited:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Read more carefully. i am not pissed at the holds called against Dallas. I am pissed that our opponents are NOT GETTING CALLED for offensive holding AT ALL.

This cannot be happening by accident. You have to make the effort to not see what has become statistically impossible if there was no bias.

No I know your beef, I was making a pre-emptive missive for the ref blamers who think our guys do no wrong.

Old timers like us might remember we went through this same type shit back in the "great wall" days.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is my conclusion as well, however it has become so one sided that I believe some refs are consciously choosing to call games against the Cowboys.

Edit to add that also the Skins had to basically call guys down out of the stands to fill in on their o-line, and yet... PERFECT TECHNIQUE!!

Did you see them doing any holding?

The officials arent conspiring to call games against us. Thats a old chestnut that pretty much all homers from all teams believe. The refs hate us, that's why we can't catch a break. It's loserspeak.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No I know your beef, I was making a pre-emptive missive for the ref blamers who think our guys do no wrong.

Old timers like us might remember we went through this same type shit back in the "great wall" days.

Hell, remember Ralph Neely held almost every play after the motorcycle accident.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And just because they CAN call holding on most all plays doesn't mean they will - they might just be calling the more flagrant ones. Either way, we DO need to clean our shit up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I don't dispute that several of the ones they called on us were "legit" (although the two they called on Tyron Smith, especially the one on the Elliott TD appeared to be phantom calls) but you cant call one team for 5, especially a couple that are dubious at best and say you didn't see the other team 9with 3 backup OL in there) had none and played a clean game.

You also cant really legitimately explain how one team has 11 holding calls the last 3 games, and the other three teams combined have zero.

One Cool Customer @OCC44
Offensive Holding penalties in last three games: #Cowboys: 11
Opponents: 0

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

So only the other team doesn't hold, ok.

Go back to sleep Dooms

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you see them doing any holding?

The officials arent conspiring to call games against us. Thats a old chestnut that pretty much all homers from all teams believe. The refs hate us, that's why we can't catch a break. It's loserspeak.

Yeah, they held plenty and didn't get called for it.

Maliek Collins got held twice on the SAME play once.

Lawrence and Irving were held repeatedly with no calls. Even Taco got held once.

Like you said, they could call holding on a large % of plays, but when you only call ONE team for it and completely ignore the other team doing the same thing or worse, it's B/S

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
And just because they CAN call holding on most all plays doesn't mean they will - they might just be calling the more flagrant ones. Either way, we DO need to clean our shit up.

11-0 last three games in holding calls.

We have multiple probowlers on the OL. Last 3 teams we played had a combined 1 I think.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Putting the holding calls more in perspective.

We had as many holding calls yesterday (5) as three teams have for the entire season. (Miami has only 3, Giants and Green bay have 5 each)

None of those teams has remotely anywhere near close to the OL talent we have.

Only Arizona has more offensive holding calls than we do for the season. Only Denver opponents have fewer holding calls against than we do. We also have the biggest discrepancy between our number of holds vs number against.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jori Epstein

@JoriEpstein
Jones also told @1053thefan he thinks Cowboys got an "unfair shake" regarding penalties, especially Tyron Smith's that called back Zeke TD

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Mean ole refs, picking on Dallas. Want some cheese with that whine?

And just because I don't buy the conspiracy crap doesn't mean there's not any.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

not all the holding calls were BS. Smith and Witten were holding on the Zeke TD play.

Top Bottom