Reaction score
He's done better this year because he's been a lot more conservative, but his decision making is absolutely awful at times. He'll have at least 3 or 4 plays a game where you say to yourself "What in the fuck was he thinking??" He's done it for years. That's who he is.
All QBs make mistakes every year.

This is like saying there are no stupid strikeouts in baseball. Well, there are if you're swinging for balls that you have no chance of hitting.
Good grief. Just stop.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The QB doesn't "control" the playcalling at all really.

Huh?

He's getting two calls virtually every play. He goes to the LOS and decides which one.

He's also given far more freedom to audible to something else entirely and has direct input in the game plan and installation during the week.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't say he hasn't had help. All QBs have to have help. But he gets less help than most QBs in the league. Romo makes our skill guys much better.

Not this year he hasn't. They've made him look far better that he's actually been by bailing him out with great catches over and over, or ridiculous run after catch numbers.

The pass protection has also been sensational. Many plays he's had an eternity to throw and still didn't find the open guy, even when replay clearly showed where that guy was.

Reaction score
He's done better this year because he's been a lot more conservative, but his decision making is absolutely awful at times. He'll have at least 3 or 4 plays a game where you say to yourself "What in the fuck was he thinking??" He's done it for years. That's who he is.
And is it a good thing or a bad thing that he's been more conservative? What the fuck do you want? Do you want a QB who takes chances, and therefore throws more INTs, or do you want a conservative QB?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It just sucks that he finally has time to throw for the first time in his career and he's forgotten how to look for people.

He's a good QB, but not elite.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And is it a good thing or a bad thing that he's been more conservative? What the fuck do you want? Do you want a QB who takes chances, and therefore throws more INTs, or do you want a conservative QB?

Bad. He doesn't take off running anymore and is afraid to make mistakes, even though his mistakes are invevitable. I wish he would go back to the old Romo.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID STRIKEOUT!! But by all means, let's bring in a conversation about another sport that you know nothing about.

It's called an analogy. There is such a thing as a stupid interception for the 15th fucking time because I've seen Romo throw 500 of them.

I saw Quincy do it too when the balls didn't hit recievers at their feet.

Reaction score
Not this year he hasn't. They've made him look far better that he's actually been by bailing him out with great catches over and over, or ridiculous run after catch numbers.

The pass protection has also been sensational. Many plays he's had an eternity to throw and still didn't find the open guy, even when replay clearly showed where that guy was.
Holy shit. The more you and Jon talk the dumber you look.

No one, aside from Dez, is bailing Romo out with great catches, not with any consistency.

The pass protection has been better, but not sensational. You're comparing it to how it's been the past few years. And every QB misses open guys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

His 2009 and 2011 int number and % is virtually identical to this year.

What is different is his yds per attempt, which is down dramatically over his career average.

Reaction score
Bad. He doesn't take off running anymore and is afraid to make mistakes, even though his mistakes are invevitable. I wish he would go back to the old Romo.
Then quit complaining about mistakes if you want more mistakes. FFS.

It's called an analogy. There is such a thing as a stupid interception for the 15th fucking time because I've seen Romo throw 500 of them.

I saw Quincy do it too when the balls didn't hit recievers at their feet.
An analogy? What is it with the fucking epidemic of people on this board who have no idea what an analogy is? You're trying to compare one nonexistent thing with another nonexistent thing? If your comparison is anything other than both things don't exist, then it's a fucking useless analogy.

Christ if I was a judge I would throw your ass out.
If you were a judge and I practiced in front of you, I'd bring in a dancing monkey with a sign that said "not guilty," and win every time.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Then quit complaining about mistakes if you want more mistakes. FFS

Rude

An analogy? What is it with the fucking epidemic of people on this board who have no idea what an analogy is? You're trying to compare one nonexistent thing with another nonexistent thing? If your comparison is anything other than both things don't exist, then it's a fucking useless analogy.

Rude

If you were a judge and I practiced in front of you, I'd bring in a dancing monkey with a sign that said "not guilty," and win every time.

Rude

Reaction score
His 2009 and 2011 int number and % is virtually identical to this year.

What is different is his yds per attempt, which is down dramatically over his career average.
So his INT % from this season is equal to his best years, but his YPA is down. Sounds to me like he's being safer (more conservative), and keeping his interceptions down to career high levels. And people want to bitch about stupid interceptions?

Reaction score
Huh?

He's getting two calls virtually every play. He goes to the LOS and decides which one.

He's also given far more freedom to audible to something else entirely and has direct input in the game plan and installation during the week.
He's getting two calls and the call he goes with is dictated by the checks he makes at the line. Callahan came out and said it this week. He said the first INT vs. GB was dictated based on the look the defense gave Romo. He could have just handed the ball off, but the system dictated the check.

And how many times this season have you seen Romo audible into a completely different play, or formation? I haven't seen it once. I've seen him check to the second play call, but not change the play completely. I haven't seen every play, but he's certainly not doing it very often.

He has input into the game plans, for sure, but he doesn't have control over play calling.

Reaction score
By the way... do you know how many INTs Romo has had in losses this year?

Three. One late vs. Denver, and the two vs. the Packers.

Damn that Romo and his stupid interceptions.

Reaction score
I hate the word elite when tossed around regarding quarterbacks. What the fuck does that mean? Has won Super Bowl(s)? Brady? Manning? Brees? Rodgers? Is Flacco elite? Is Eli?

Top Bottom