jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
LOL

Show me on nfl.com the "dumb interception" stat. I'll wait.

Is NFL.com the only source of stats that you look at? You know, I really can't help giving you a hard time about Romo. It was only a few weeks ago that you told me that he didn't choke in these big games. The Packers choke job was one of his all-time best. I was thinking of you at the end of that game.

Reaction score
Is NFL.com the only source of stats that you look at?
Oh, is that the game you want to play. OK then, show me anyone that has a statistical grouping of dumb vs. smart interceptions. If you think the stat exists, prove it.

You know, I really can't help giving you a hard time about Romo. It was only a few weeks ago that you told me that he didn't choke in these big games. The Packers choke job was one of his all-time best. I was thinking of you at the end of that game.
I'm flattered...? But I don't swing that way. NTTAWWT

Your definition of "big game," is basically, was it a close loss, and did Romo throw an interception? If so, it was a big game. Calling this one a Romo choke job is the height of stupidity.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Your definition of "big game," is basically, was it a close loss, and did Romo throw an interception? If so, it was a big game. Calling this one a Romo choke job is the height of stupidity.

OK, so it wasn't a "choke" job, he just came up small at the worst possible time again.

Secondly, the HC gets killed over butchering game situations (deservedly) but the QB just did the same thing. The guy isn't a rookie anymore, if he cant understand with a 23 pt halftime lead that continuing to run the ball (when you've been blowing the other team up) and shortening the game isn't the key, then he really is as fucking retarded as some think he really is. He's changing a lot of plays at the LOS, the idea he only changed one from run to pass in the 2nd half is pretty laughable. He changed a lot of calls, as he's done all year.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've just never seen anyone defend Romo's STUPID interceptions.

Aikman threw interceptions. They're part of the game. They happen. There's a difference between making the same boneheaded mistakes over and over every single year like Romo does and choking at the worst possible times - like he does.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And let's define stupid - throwing into double or triple coverage. He's done it every year he's played for us. Trying to make a play that isn't there. That's his speciality.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Aikman threw interceptions. They're part of the game. They happen. There's a difference between making the same boneheaded mistakes over and over every single year like Romo does and choking at the worst possible times - like he does.

There's never been a Cowboy player since I started watching the team in 1975 that people make more excuses for than Tony Romo.

Reaction score
OK, so it wasn't a "choke" job, he just came up small at the worst possible time again.

Secondly, the HC gets killed over butchering game situations (deservedly) but the QB just did the same thing. The guy isn't a rookie anymore, if he cant understand with a 23 pt halftime lead that continuing to run the ball (when you've been blowing the other team up) and shortening the game isn't the key, then he really is as fucking retarded as some think he really is. He's changing a lot of plays at the LOS, the idea he only changed one from run to pass in the 2nd half is pretty laughable. He changed a lot of calls, as he's done all year.
They should have run the ball more yes... I'm not going to say Romo shouldn't have, at the least, lobbied for running the ball more. My position though is that we have way too many people with their hands in the playcalling, and the GM has totally made that situation fucked.

But calling this one a choke job, or saying it was a big game after the fact, is just fucking moronic. The guy has carried this team all season... AGAIN... with a fucking disaster of a defense, and people just continue to parrot that stupid, can't win big game, choker bullshit.

Reaction score

No one's defending stupid interceptions. I'm saying there's no such thing as stupid interceptions. Big difference.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But calling this one a choke job, or saying it was a big game after the fact, is just fucking moronic. The guy has carried this team all season... AGAIN... with a fucking disaster of a defense, and people just continue to parrot that stupid, can't win big game, choker bullshit.

Massive over exaggeration.

Reaction score
And let's define stupid - throwing into double or triple coverage. He's done it every year he's played for us. Trying to make a play that isn't there. That's his speciality.
Worst. Definition. Ever.

So which INT vs the Packers was into double or triple coverage? Which one was trying to make a play that wasn't there?

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Worst. Definition. Ever.

So which INT vs the Packers was into double or triple coverage? Which one was trying to make a play that wasn't there?

Oh so you're just going to use one game? What about the other ones he's helped lose because he can't control himself and refuses to learn from his mistakes?

He makes boneheaded decisions. Period. I'm not arguing this anymore.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Worst defense in the league, and it's not even close. An offense that won't run the ball to take pressure off the QB. 7-7.

I'd say it's pretty spot on.

I'd say its pretty retarded when the QB is controlling the playcalling so much.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Worst defense in the league, and it's not even close. An offense that won't run the ball to take pressure off the QB. 7-7.

I'd say it's pretty spot on.

And the defense has been awful, but not every game. They have made timely plays and helped set the team up with great field position or scored on their own. The ST have also been exceptional for the most part.

And this is a really talented offensive team. The OL has pretty much been solid to excellent all year. Our skill guys are among the best group in the league.

Reaction score
Oh so you're just going to use one game? What about the other ones he's helped lose because he can't control himself and refuses to learn from his mistakes?
Well, I assumed that if all this shit came up after that game, that there would be a reason for it. He only has 9 INT this season... 7 before the Packers game. So if there's a stupid interception stat, which ones before this game were stupid interceptions? Remember your definition.

Or, why don't you just admit there's no such thing as a stupid interception or a smart interception. All interceptions are mistakes. Period.

He makes boneheaded decisions. Period. I'm not arguing this anymore.
It wasn't much of an argument to begin with. Some claim that you can delineate between stupid and smart interceptions? Come on. All interceptions are mistakes. Some of them are QB mistakes, some of them are WR mistakes, and some are great plays by defenders that by default are QB mistakes.

But Romo's been probably overly safe with the ball this year. Going back to this old complaint is tired, and it really shows that you have no idea what's going on on the field.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's done better this year because he's been a lot more conservative, but his decision making is absolutely awful at times. He'll have at least 3 or 4 plays a game where you say to yourself "What in the fuck was he thinking??" He's done it for years. That's who he is.

This is like saying there are no stupid strikeouts in baseball. Well, there are if you're swinging for balls that you have no chance of hitting.

I'll take Romo over anyone Jerry trotted out after Aikman retired, but I see him for what he is - a good QB who for 3 or 4 plays a game goes braindead and fucks something up.

Reaction score
And the defense has been awful, but not every game. They have made timely plays and helped set the team up with great field position or scored on their own. The ST have also been exceptional for the most part.

And this is a really talented offensive team. The OL has pretty much been solid to excellent all year. Our skill guys are among the best group in the league.
I didn't say he hasn't had help. All QBs have to have help. But he gets less help than most QBs in the league. Romo makes our skill guys much better.

Top Bottom