dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
God damn, the fail is STRONG in this post.

He's coached alot of really good DB's over the years.

Glad he's being replaced now, but he isnt the worst DB coach of alltime like some of you want to think.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
He's coached alot of really good DB's over the years.

Glad he's being replaced now, but he isnt the worst DB coach of alltime like some of you want to think.

Barry Switzer coached some really good players while in the NFL, too. Campo hasn't done shit as a coach for a long, long, long time.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Barry Switzer coached some really good players while in the NFL, too. Campo hasn't done shit as a coach for a long, long, long time.

Hasnt done it lately thats for sure, although I think he's done a pretty good job with Mike Jenkins and Jenkins was better this year than last yr by quite a bit.

The one area he really struggles with is getting DB's to play the ball, hopefully thats something that will improve with Henderson here. Could be the difference between a guy like Scandrick becoming a really quality starter or never being more than what he is now, a decent nickel back. Seems like he is almost always in position, just doesnt know how to attack the ball.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is the guy Ryan wanted last year and Cleveland wouldnt give us permission to hire him. Ryan says he is the best DB coach in the league. That might be extreme, but its obviously someone he has a great working relationship with.

Another solid hire by JG

Understandable on the Browns. It would have been a lateral move.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Guess this means Rob isn't going anywhere. Can't help but get excited by the moves.

I'm fine with it. This has been a great start to the offseason so far. Getting rid of Campoo, Huock leaving, bringing in Henderson and Calahan. Now on to the players: get rid of Newman, let Ball, and Elam walk, then bring in Finnegan.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Ryan did have nothing but praise for Campo last year when he decided to keep him.

I dont think Campo is horrible like some of you, but it was obvious it was time for a significant change back there. I've often heard players like Darren Woodson and Kevin Smith talk about how good a coach Campo was, and those guys had pretty good careers.

WAS is the key word, and he in fact WAS a good secondary coahc. But change was needed.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hasnt done it lately thats for sure, although I think he's done a pretty good job with Mike Jenkins and Jenkins was better this year than last yr by quite a bit.

The one area he really struggles with is getting DB's to play the ball, hopefully thats something that will improve with Henderson here. Could be the difference between a guy like Scandrick becoming a really quality starter or never being more than what he is now, a decent nickel back. Seems like he is almost always in position, just doesnt know how to attack the ball.

Although it was in camp and carried over into preseason, the best player on this team I saw attacking the ball on a consistant basis, was on our practice squad: Mario Butler.

Top Bottom