Reaction score
Tanner is not going to fetch anything in trade...better RBs will get released by other teams. I like Tanner, but I just can't see a team giving up a pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tanner is not going to fetch anything in trade...better RBs will get released by other teams. I like Tanner, but I just can't see a team giving up a pick.

He's had a really good camp and he's a young guy. He probably isn't a threat to break 40-50+ yd runs, but he can consistently move the chains and would probably be a good short yardage/GL RB. I could definitely see a team desperate for RB help give up a late rd pick to get him.

Reaction score
Agree with Carp.

How many of these young, seemingly talented RB's have we cut over the years who never turned into anything? Rashard Lee, Tyson Thompson, insert other names here.

I like Tanner and I hope he sticks. I like his running style. But yeah, he's not going to net us a draft pick.

Reaction score
Kendial Lawrence released.

Jakar Hamilton tweets Dallas wants him on the practice squad.

Reaction score
Tim Benford has been cut.

Danny McCray taking a pay cut to stay with the team as a ST captain.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys cut down to 53 players
August, 31, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have made their final roster cuts, but that doesn't mean the 53-man roster is finalized.

According to sources, the Cowboys cut the following players: Alex Tanney, Anthony Armstrong, Edawn Coughman, Jakar Hamilton, Taylor Reed, Demetress Bell, Kendial Lawrence, Xavier Brewer, Jerome Long, Jabari Fletcher, Caleb McSurdy, Cameron Lawrence, Thaddeus Gibson, Ray Dominguez, Danny Coale, Jason Vega, Tim Benford, Micah Pellerin, Sterling Moore, Brandon Magee and Kevin Kowalski.

Safety Matt Johnson is heading to season-ending injured reserve.

The Cowboys will be actively looking at the waiver wire for upgrades. Tanney, Pellerin, Magee, Benford, Coale and Vega could be practice squad candidates if they clear waivers.

The Cowboys guaranteed Magee $70,000 and gave Hamilton $10,000 to sign as undrafted free agents and hope to bring them back to the practice squad. Magee missed the final two preseason games with a concussion.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This team is amazing.

We kept 5 TE's.

We kept David Arkin.

We only have 5 LB's and 4 CB's yet we have 6 Safeties. 6 mostly garbage Safeties by the way.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
4 CBs, 1 who hasn't played in who knows how long.

6 Safeties. Probably going to try and rotate them because they'll all likely be doing a lot of running when they chase people down.

5 TEs. Because you can never have enough slow guys who can't block.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
4 CBs, 1 who hasn't played in who knows how long.

6 Safeties. Probably going to try and rotate them because they'll all likely be doing a lot of running when they chase people down.

5 TEs. Because you can never have enough slow guys who can't block.

What? YOU think YOU know more than the GM and the coaches? Hunh? Hunh?

Top Bottom