Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Could Brandon Carr's stats be inflated due to playing against the following QB's in 2011:

Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Carson Palmer
Carson Palmer
Christian Ponder
Curtis Painter
Matt Moore
Caleb Hanie
Mark Sanchez

:confused

Terence Newman gets smoked by John Skelton. Nuff said.

Reaction score
Absolutely just like namdi's whole career is...but we have to get one of these vet corners and none of them are perfect.

I'm not questioning our need for new blood at the corner position. I just question giving huge money to someone who's stats might be inflated based on horrid QB's.

Even Phillip Rivers, a top 5 QB imo, had a terrible year last year.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not questioning our need for new blood at the corner position. I just question giving huge money to someone who's stats might be inflated based on horrid QB's.

Even Phillip Rivers, a top 5 QB imo, had a terrible year last year.

I'm agreeing, just saying we are desperate at cb.

DoomsdayDefense

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What would make me nervous is Jerry smarting over getting out bid by the Eagles last year, and going overboard with his initial offer to Carr to prevent a re-occurrence.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What would make me nervous is Jerry smarting over getting out bid by the Eagles last year, and going overboard with his initial offer to Carr to prevent a re-occurrence.

It's better to have loved then lost, than to have never loved before.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Would you mind Jeff Saturday to a 2-year deal, maybe as grooming/mentoring for Kowalski? Obviously not a big-money deal.

Too old!

I think stopgap like that will probably not be a good fit.

Personally I would like to have vets on defense because we are in such a bind on defense, but wouldn't go as far as old players.

I wouldn't mind a guy like Koppen. He's older than I'd prefer FAs to be, but the line could use a vet anchoring in the middle. I don't think he'll demand a huge contract and he has rings.

Reaction score
Could Brandon Carr's stats be inflated due to playing against the following QB's in 2011:

Tim Tebow
Tim Tebow
Carson Palmer
Carson Palmer
Christian Ponder
Curtis Painter
Matt Moore
Caleb Hanie
Mark Sanchez

:confused

Did you see what he did to Aaron Rodgers and the Packer's Wrs ????

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind at all.

He had a couple of games where he struggled but he finished the last six games very strong.

Brandon Carr Last 6 Games: 8/26, 31%, 86 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs and 4 PDs.

And most of what he did give up came early in that 6 games stretch. He allowed 4 completions for 34 yards in the final 4 games of the season.

Terrence Newman Last 6 Games: 29/46, 65%, 535 Yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 PD.

And Carr played 26 additional snaps.

For the season, Carr gave up 24 fewer yards and only 10 more receptions than Newman did during that disgusting 6 game finish.

Last edited:

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Guess some dude tweeted a few minutes back that there is strong belief that Carr will end up in Dallas. Supposedly an additional tweet from the OP.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Davis burned us with a high FA guard salary so I'm going with A. Although I'm not sold on Decastro even being there at 14.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Guess some dude tweeted a few minutes back that there is strong belief that Carr will end up in Dallas. Supposedly an additional tweet from the OP.

I wonder if it's just carr's people using Dallas to get kc attention.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if it's just carr's people using Dallas to get kc attention.

I dunno. I can't imagine that a small group of just his people would prompt a tweet. Never know though. If I were KC and I heard Dallas was interested, I back away. Not money or anything. The weather in KC sucks so damn bad that I can't imagine anyone would chose to stay there if they had other locations available.

It's busted english and I think he forgot "believe" in the tweet but you can tell what he's trying to say.

Tony Pauline ‏ @TonyPauline Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Teams in Indianapolis fully [I think the word "believe" is missing right here] Brandon Carr will end up a member of the Dallas Cowboys via free agency..
Retweeted by Evan Silva

I have no idea who provided this quote but it says the same thing.

Sunday, February 26th
- Teams here in Indianapolis feel when the dust clears in free agency cornerback Brandon Carr will be the newest member of the Dallas Cowboys. The team will then look to use their first selection on an offensive lineman, but who? Last night we reported the Baltimore Ravens would likely target Cordy Glenn. They may need a back-up plan as word is Glenn continues to sky-rocket up draft boards and ending up with Dallas in the top half of round one is a real possibility

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm all for signing Brandon Carr, very good young man to man cover corner... He did an outstanding job against Green Bay last year covering their WR's.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Carr would probably be a nice addition, but the question I have is if he is as good as some are acting why did KC essentially replace him with a lesser player from another team?

I ask because I havent seen KC play anywhere near enough to know much about him.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Carr would probably be a nice addition, but the question I have is if he is as good as some are acting why did KC essentially replace him with a lesser player from another team?

I ask because I havent seen KC play anywhere near enough to know much about him.

it appears its a money issue. From everything I read last year romeo crennel liked him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Money. They already have a young CB locked up.

Top Bottom