dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So he's quick and shifty but can't return punts. He can't pass block or play ST. But somehow he'll contribute as a rookie........
Yeah because he runs it and catches it at a pretty good level.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Overshown seems to be having a good camp. So is Mazi Smith

I haven’t heard or seen much on Hunter Luepke. Has anyone seen any of his reps?

I really hope this kid makes the team. I’m probably more excited about him more than anyone else except Mazi.
They showed a couple clips of Luepke running the ball the other day and he looks pretty good. I also saw one clip where he lined up as a traditional FB.

They are saying Overshown has been very impressive, especially in pass coverage.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first year they keyed on Dak's footsteps? WTF?

If that's the case, I put much of the blame on Kellen Moore's inexperience but how about MM?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I've often believed many of the sacks Prescott ends up taking are because he doesn't get enough separation in his drop backs. Go watch footage of Troy Aikman from 91-96 and look at the difference. Bill Walsh once said this part of his QB skill was one of the most impressive, because he 1) got back so quickly and 2) had tremendous separation from the QB/C exchange. His footwork on drop backs (and they didnt use the shotgun any from 91-97, it returned under Chan Gailey in 98) was amazing.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No blame for Clapper?

I do but he falls into the inexperienced catagory. But it goes even deeper. He lacked the street cred with his players to make them change their game. Ultimately, the GM has to see this but anything else would be out of his comfort zone.

RogtaDru

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The first year they keyed on Dak's footsteps? WTF?

If that's the case, I put much of the blame on Kellen Moore's inexperience but how about MM?
Kinda hard to believe honestly but whatever. As long as MM doesn't tweak this thing to the point of Dak having to over think things God forbid!

Dumb it down yes, but Dak Prescott and cerebral don't mix.

Top Bottom