Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Did anybody else think showing Tony Romo's wife on camera while her husband was laying on the turf was seriously messed up?

What were they thinking? It wasn't like she wandered into a shot. They actually cut to her with her face in her hands and made a comment.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I believe it's called good television.

It's not like he was dying. Everyone knew it was the collarbone and of course his wife is upset. Didn't bother me at all.

Reaction score
I didn't think it was classless. But I wished they would've spent more time showing the Cowboys owners box.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't think it was classless. But I wished they would've spent more time showing the Cowboys owners box.

Someone already mentioned it but I'd bet Jerry Jr was on his walkie talkie again just before that moron challenge.

Reaction score
She seems distraught. I wonder if she tries to pressure him into retiring this offseason. He's taken a beating the past few years and I can see her throwing the "I want you to be able to play with your two sons" line at him.

He's too competitive, so I doubt he would... but still.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I can easily see him retiring if it turns out that it is a second break. It was already mentioned that if it is broken again it would require surgery to repair.

We might have just witnessed Romo's last game. Which would be very sad to see him go out on such a poor performance.

The weight of the entire Cowboys season was placed on Romo's shoulder when he came back and it was enough to cause it to break (again)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
it'll happen again because those hits are pretty conventional nowadays. Tony's not a skinny guy but it doesn't take much to break him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think his long term health is in any question. By all accounts he'll be 100% with a few months to heal. It's not like it's a knee or shoulder getting torn up over and over.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo fan but he's done. He'll be 36 and his skill set is diminishing.

Just my opinion, but I think sometimes Romo lands the way he does on his shoulder to prevent him from landing flat on his back so as not to injure that part of his body.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With his propensity for injury I have a feeling his wife will be able to talk him into retiring in the off season

Or worse, he comes back next season only to put out a Peyton Maning type season racked with injuries and poor performance.

The latter being the worse case scenario as Jerry in the belief that his savior tony will come back won't go after his replacement for another year which would leave is in the same situation as this year

Dustdevil

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm a huge Romo fan but he's done. He'll be 36 and his skill set is diminishing.

Just my opinion, but I think sometimes Romo lands the way he does on his shoulder to prevent him from landing flat on his back so as not to injure that part of his body.
I don't think his skill set is diminishing. He's still shifty and has good arm strength. I could see the injuries forcing him out soon if this keeps up.

Now if you want to talk diminishing skills, look at Cassel. Every time he throws a 10 yard out you can see him putting everything he has on it. When Cassel got here, everyone expected the guy from 8 years ago. The problem is, that guy was 8 years too late.

Not really a "bash Cassel" post but my point is, I don't see a skill drop off in Romo. (yet)

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why don't you dry up and blow away like all pieces of garbage should?

daily_gifdump_11_02.gif

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The thing that sucks and what we all noticed watching Cam throw the ball; is if Romo had as much zip on the ball as Newton has, that 1st interception probably doesn't happen.

It's amazing watching guys like Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers fit balls into tight windows because they are able to put so much zip on the ball.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The thing that sucks and what we all noticed watching Cam throw the ball, is if Romo had as much zip on the ball as Newton has, that 1st interception probably doesn't happen.

It's amazing watching guys like Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers fit balls into tight windows because they are able to put so much zip on the ball.

Have you seen Goff play this year Bob?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I haven't watched a single college football game. I'll be hitting up CBSSportsline and youtube once the draft season starts approaching.

bvhawkeye

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I believe it's called good television.

In who's eyes? Who really gives a shit what the wives are doing during a game? ESPN has a hard-on for showing players mommies during games too, drives me insane.

They would cut away from the National Championship Wrestling matches to show the damn mommies every match.

UNBELIEVABLY DUMB

Top Bottom