Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Newest backdoor to that Convoy to the sky.

It's personal for me, having had many phone conversations with him (Real name Bill) and his partner, Chip. Loved their music since my youngest memories. I've known this was coming for several years, but it doesn't mute the pain at all.

We lost one of the most creative minds of the 20th Century.

He warned us, back in the 70s:

"It's only gonna be about a second Boy till they take away all this country and they'll tell ya not to listen to this here song. And that far off sound of freedom's gonna be an echo from the past, and the final tune is gonna be sad and long.

And it's only gonna be an eyeblink Boy till they pull out the wool to blind us, so we just can't read all the messages on the wall. But the only words that matter oughta be scribbled all over them billboards, in big ole black and bloody letters, ten feet tall.

THERE WON'T BE NO COUNTRY MUSIC, THERE WON'T BE NO ROCK N' ROLL. CUZ WHEN THEY TAKE AWAY OUR COUNTRY, THEY'LL TAKE AWAY OUR SOUL."

This anthem was all about corporate America destroying the environment, and taking over the government. He could never have imagined it would actually be, the Government itself doing everything he predicted - with corporate America right in its back pocket instead of against it.

RIP, Rubber Duck.

Top Bottom