dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Swearinger, Armstead, Brown, S. Moore, D. Moore, Warford, Lacy, Hunt, Lemonier, Spence, Schwenke...there are others I would have taken over Escobar.

I hope like hell he is productive, but I just can't see it. I saw someone at the Zone predict 600 yards for him this year...maybe that was dbair. By all accounts he is not a strong blocker and how is he going to put up any kind of numbers with the skill guys we already have?

Wasn't me asshat. I haven't posted there in a long time.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

If Jerry comes out after the draft and says in 2013 we are going with a base package of 12 personnel and we didnt draft a TE..you fucking losers would be ripping this dumbass franchise to pieces and rightfully so. Because James Hanna is NOT that damn good.

So funny how much credit this 6th round Round bum is getting.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

If Jerry comes out after the draft and says in 2013 we are going with a base package of 12 personnel and we didnt draft a TE..you fucking losers would be ripping this dumbass franchise to pieces and rightfully so. Because James Hanna is NOT that damn good.

I think Hanna has upside, but I do think they saw TE as more of a priority for other reasons as well.

Jason Witten is not the same player he was a few years ago. He doesn't threaten the deep areas as much as he used to and is coming off a very serious injury. The wear and tear on him is quite high, as he never misses a play and in addition to all the huge hits he's taken as a receiver, he has really been involved at a high level as a blocker. Some TE's make little effort (or even little contact) when run/pass blocking, and that hasn't been the case with Witten. I think they (the team) knows he only has a limited amount of time left as an elite player, and they are covering themselves. I doubt they see Hanna as a future every down TE, I do think they could see someone like Escobar as an every down TE.

Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

I saw the value in adding a TE, but not with our second rounder. If you think he was the best available you are mistaken...even the Cowboys had Williams ahead of him.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
So much anger and vitriol over an unknown (Escobar) and a barely known (Hanna).

Witten. I think they (the team) knows he only has a limited amount of time left as an elite player, and they are covering themselves.

I see him as a complement to Witten but not a successor. He doesn't appear fast or nimble enough to be a true #1. Maybe more of a red zone threat than a "move the chains" guy. Of course, all of this is ridiculously premature.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

lol seriously.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What has "hitting it rich" gotten them? They haven't won a superbowl since '04, long before Gronkowski and Hernandez made it there. Maybe if they weren't pouring resources into the TE position, they could have made it back during Brady's peak years. He's nearing the end now, and his surplus of TEs isn't looking so hot now.

Obviously Dallas thinks that they have the defenders needed to offset the defense of the Patriots, which ultimately held them back.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I saw the value in adding a TE, but not with our second rounder. If you think he was the best available you are mistaken...even the Cowboys had Williams ahead of him.

And it's obvious that they felt the need was greater to add that 2nd TE so that they could run their base package.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What has "hitting it rich" gotten them? They haven't won a superbowl since '04, long before Gronkowski and Hernandez made it there. Maybe if they weren't pouring resources into the TE position, they could have made it back during Brady's peak years. He's nearing the end now, and his surplus of TEs isn't looking so hot now.

Gronk and Hernandez were very successful for them, no doubt. But I don't agree that they've been targeting this formation for seven years and finally got it right. They like TEs because they're versatile and useful, but they only went so heavily on that formation because those two players turned out to be really good. If Gronk had been a bust like Chad Jackson, they wouldn't still be running the mystical 12 so much. Belichick was just putting his best players on the field and then working around that, like any good coach will do.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Also, I don't believe we will use this second coming of Novacek any more than we used Bennett. Luxury pick.

Top Bottom