junk

UDFA
Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

If Jerry comes out after the draft and says in 2013 we are going with a base package of 12 personnel and we didnt draft a TE..you fucking losers would be ripping this dumbass franchise to pieces and rightfully so. Because James Hanna is NOT that damn good.

So funny how much credit this 6th round Round bum is getting.

I don't even care that much about Hanna, but this 12 base (and investing 3 second round picks in 7 years on it) is dumb. It just isn't that effective of a personnel package as a base. It is useful in certain situations, but you can find that second TE in places other than the second round.

I'm much more excited about the various WR groupings that they can put together with Dez, Miles, Harris and Williams than anything with two TEs.

The thing about that second TE is that he has to be a receiving threat AND and a good blocker for it to work.

Honestly, the team should have just kept a guy like Scott Chandler around.

The wasted 2nd rounders on TEs could have been Andrew Whitworth and Jeremy Zuttah in 2006 and 2008.

2013 could have been Jamie Collins, Warford, Sio Moore, Brian Winters, Terron Armstead or Dallas Thomas

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
And it's obvious that they felt the need was greater to add that 2nd TE so that they could run their base package.

I just don't buy the two TE offense as effective "base". But even if it is, hasn't that been the plan in the past? Which they abandon with haste because they can't figure out how to run it?

You can find a second TE that can block effectively, as well as add a little in the passing game, off the street.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Lolol @ you dipshits

If Jerry comes out after the draft and says in 2013 we are going with a base package of 12 personnel and we didnt draft a TE..you fucking losers would be ripping this dumbass franchise to pieces and rightfully so. Because James Hanna is NOT that damn good.

So funny how much credit this 6th round Round bum is getting.

What if he came out and said, "we're going to use packages that our team is best suited to use" and the team didn't force the 2TE bullshit?

Is that not an option because I would prefer that.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
What if he came out and said, "we're going to use packages that our team is best suited to use" and the team didn't force the 2TE bullshit?

Jerry has no idea what is doing, so he doesn't know how to just work with the personnel he has. He has to try and use things he has seen other people do and try to make that work. i.e. trying to make Romo into a Brady type QB.

He has absolutely no clue, so he has to grasp at straws to PLEASEOMGJESUS win one without Jimmy at the helm to prove himself.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jerry has no idea what is doing, so he doesn't know how to just work with the personnel he has. He has to try and use things he has seen other people do and try to make that work. i.e. trying to make Romo into a Brady type QB.

He has absolutely no clue, so he has to grasp at straws to PLEASEOMGJESUS win one without Jimmy at the helm to prove himself.

This post is so full of fail.

1st of all, Romo wanted to emulate Tom Brady.

And 2nd, the 2-TE base offense isn't Jerry's idea. Bill Parcells brought it over.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score

thats not an option with this team

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
the 2-TE base offense isn't Jerry's idea. Bill Parcells brought it over.

You are right. Jerry Jones doesn't have an original idea. His whole tenure as Dallas GM minus a strong HC is about imitating the latest flavor of the month. Drafting Quinthy to be the next McNappy, etc. Parcells may have brought it along, but Jones is continuing the insanity of drafting TEs in the second round over and over again.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry has wanted to be the Giants, the Packers, the Giants again, and now the Patriots over the past few years.

I liked it when everyone else wanted to be the Cowboys. Signing our free agents, turning our assistant coaches into their head coaches. Man, we were the envy of the league. Thanks again Jerry.

Anyone watch any of the Cowboys coverage on NFLNetwork yesterday? Did you see the press conference when Jerry got pissed because people accused him of "meddling"? That moron really believed he was as much a reason (or bigger) as Jimmy Johnson was for the success of those teams. Then you have Jimmy saying over and over again, Jimmy handled football and Jerry handled business. It's just sad.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry has wanted to be the Giants, the Packers, the Giants again, and now the Patriots over the past few years.

I liked it when everyone else wanted to be the Cowboys. Signing our free agents, turning our assistant coaches into their head coaches. Man, we were the envy of the league. Thanks again Jerry.

Anyone watch any of the Cowboys coverage on NFLNetwork yesterday? Did you see the press conference when Jerry got pissed because people accused him of "meddling"? That moron really believed he was as much a reason (or bigger) as Jimmy Johnson was for the success of those teams. Then you have Jimmy saying over and over again, Jimmy handled football and Jerry handled business. It's just sad.

I don't know why you are railing against the Great and Powerful Oz. Everyone knows he's just a figurehead.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
This post is so full of fail.

1st of all, Romo wanted to emulate Tom Brady.

And 2nd, the 2-TE base offense isn't Jerry's idea. Bill Parcells brought it over.

I don't give a damn whose idea either were. Jerry is ultimately in charge of the team and he allows this nonsense to happen. Why? Because he has no idea how to do it himself. And, you have no clue if it was Romo or the coaching staff or Jerry that wanted Romo to be like Brady.

But, ultimately the blame lies at Jerry's feet until he pulls himself from football discussions either by firing or by noose.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You guys know the defense this year is going to be like Seattle's but with Pittsburgh's attitude, brought over by Will Allen?

Not sure any offense will be able to score on such a force.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You guys know the defense this year is going to be like Seattle's but with Pittsburgh's attitude, brought over by Will Allen?

Not sure any offense will be able to score on such a force.

Now you are catching on. 19-0

Top Bottom